1. #2761
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I think it is just national pride. If you can't support the Habs and you're all out of stuff to set on fire in the streets, might as well start supporting the last Canadian team left which is fortunately the one with which your rivalry is probably the weakest.
    Honestly, I really have 4 teams I despise moreso than a team I am 100% loyal to and hate everyone else.

    I was rooting for the Caps before they got swept too. :s
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  2. #2762
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I was rooting for the Caps before they got swept too. :s
    Stop cheering for us!

  3. #2763
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Stop cheering for us!
    I think my Boss is going to give me a Bruins shirt at work sometime this week honestly. Lol.

    I am cursed.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  4. #2764
    Brewmaster ketzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I'm on my way to Catalina
    Posts
    1,262
    Bergeron out for tonight's game 2 in Boston. But it looks like he will indeed return for game 3.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl...ory?id=6559102

    The Bruins need a stronger defensive showing and more offensive support from the top two lines if they hope to win this one tonight. I have a feeling they will wake up tonight and grind it out for a close win.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

  5. #2765
    thought i'd share this

    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  6. #2766
    Bloodsail Admiral Garbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,006
    Hey guys, go to youtube and search :Vancouver canucks win the stanley cup! .... ohh waaaiiit thats right...and itll stay that way, because tb is taking it this year.

  7. #2767
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Bergeron out for tonight's game 2 in Boston. But it looks like he will indeed return for game 3.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl...ory?id=6559102

    The Bruins need a stronger defensive showing and more offensive support from the top two lines if they hope to win this one tonight. I have a feeling they will wake up tonight and grind it out for a close win.
    That's good. Checked earlier today and all I saw was he was practicing with the team and it wasn't decided if he would play tonight.

    And hopefully they will wake up. I was saying the same thing after game one in the Montreal series and it didn't look like they did. Thomas was sloppy and really needs to pull it together. Those first 3 goals Saturday should have been saves. First one was ridiculously poor rebound control and the other two were weak shots that even Philly's goaltenders would have stopped. I know all the blame can't be placed on him though. I only saw the first period so I can't comment on the rest of the game.

  8. #2768
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hey guys, go to youtube and search :Vancouver canucks win the stanley cup! .... ohh waaaiiit thats right...and itll stay that way, because tb is taking it this year.
    Chicago's got a good chance this year.. oh wait.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  9. #2769
    Bloodsail Admiral Garbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,006
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Chicago's got a good chance this year.. oh wait.
    ur right, i was suprised they made it to the playoffs with how they ended the season, but hey, they took the canucks to game 7.

    p.s. gl winning against the sharks

  10. #2770
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    ur right, i was suprised they made it to the playoffs
    It's good you could admit that terrible team fluked into the playoffs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    p.s. gl winning against the sharks
    Already 1-0
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  11. #2771
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    It's good you could admit that terrible team fluked into the playoffs.




    Already 1-0
    and it took a 3rd period comeback to do it. that said, win is a win, looking forward to that series.

  12. #2772
    Brewmaster ketzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I'm on my way to Catalina
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    That's good. Checked earlier today and all I saw was he was practicing with the team and it wasn't decided if he would play tonight.

    And hopefully they will wake up. I was saying the same thing after game one in the Montreal series and it didn't look like they did. Thomas was sloppy and really needs to pull it together. Those first 3 goals Saturday should have been saves. First one was ridiculously poor rebound control and the other two were weak shots that even Philly's goaltenders would have stopped. I know all the blame can't be placed on him though. I only saw the first period so I can't comment on the rest of the game.
    Yeah, that one that Kaberle gave up behind the net was entirely his fault, no way Thomas was expecting that to happen. I really hope Kaberle wakes up and gets out of this slump hes in. I hate to see any Bruin play poorly and get the scape goat treatment.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 06:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    thought i'd share this
    To be quite honest Vancouver has always been my favorite Canadian team.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

  13. #2773
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and it took a 3rd period comeback to do it. that said, win is a win, looking forward to that series.
    Just like the detroit sj series d:
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  14. #2774
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Just like the detroit sj series d:
    let me point out the "win is a win" point. i would also like to point out to you that all season long Detroit played the most dominantly in the third, that is where they got bussiness done.

  15. #2775
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    ur right, i was suprised they made it to the playoffs with how they ended the season, but hey, they took the canucks to game 7.

    p.s. gl winning against the sharks
    Hawks didn't take the Nucks anywhere, the Nucks got bored for 2 games, and Crawford stood on his head for game 6 while his team was TOTALLY outplayed - thats how they took the Canucks to game 7.

    In any case, theres no point talking about round 1 of the playoffs when we're already at the conference finals; the Hawks are old news - I'm guessing they have had ample time to perfect their golf swings by now.

  16. #2776
    Brewmaster ketzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    I'm on my way to Catalina
    Posts
    1,262
    Hey Tuukatime, are you a Toucher and Rich fan by any chance?
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

  17. #2777
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,218
    Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    Hawks didn't take the Nucks anywhere, the Nucks got bored for 2 games, and Crawford stood on his head for game 6 while his team was TOTALLY outplayed - thats how they took the Canucks to game 7.

    In any case, theres no point talking about round 1 of the playoffs when we're already at the conference finals; the Hawks are old news - I'm guessing they have had ample time to perfect their golf swings by now.
    getting bored almost cost Vancouver the series, guess they should bring there focus next time.

  18. #2778
    Dreadlord Xevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hey guys, go to youtube and search :Vancouver canucks win the stanley cup! .... ohh waaaiiit thats right...and itll stay that way, because tb is taking it this year.
    This is a good website for you:

    http://forum.calgarypuck.com/

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 11:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    thought i'd share this

    National Post is calling Vancouver "not even Canadian". They forget those two weeks here more than a year ago, fuck em.
    I remember it all too well

  19. #2779
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    getting bored almost cost Vancouver the series, guess they should bring there focus next time.
    its kinda hard to keep focused when you're up 3-0.. lets hope they don't make mistakes like that for the rest of the run.

  20. #2780
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    This is a good website for you:

    http://forum.calgarypuck.com/

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-17 at 11:48 PM ----------



    National Post is calling Vancouver "not even Canadian". They forget those two weeks here more than a year ago, fuck em.
    Decided to look up that article (written by a Torontonian). At least he got one thing right.
    No matter what team you’re a fan of, you just can’t root against Ryan Kesler. No, really, you can’t. If you try, the next time you close your medicine cabinet door he’ll be standing right behind you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •