1. #4041
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    it's hard to argue stats. Vancouver is 10-3 on home ice so far in the playoffs, with Bobby Lu holding a .679 GA when he's in the Cable Box. Boston has struggled so far in Vancouver, and I don't see why tomorrow should be any different. Bobby plays extremely well on home ice (generally) and he's going to be pulling all the stops (no pun) in game 7.

    I see it as a 2 - 0 'Nucks, Kessler and Burrows have a huge game and Kaberle coughs up the puck at least 3 times. A little off topic here, but what the hell is going on with Tomas? He was great as a Leaf, and now he's struggling his ass off as a Bruin. Coaching? Chemistry? Dunno, but it's weird.

    Go Canucks Go.
    You'd think Kaberle would pick up his game juuuust a bit considering it is a contract year. I'm sure his UFA stock is just fine since he is a top 3 FA in a meh year, but he isn't doing himself any favors.

  2. #4042
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You'd think Kaberle would pick up his game juuuust a bit considering it is a contract year. I'm sure his UFA stock is just fine since he is a top 3 FA in a meh year, but he isn't doing himself any favors.
    He'll also be able to trade on all the personal growth that would be perceived from a long playoff run. He's always struck me as one of those stereotypes that Cherry likes to spout off about. Talent out the ass but can't get them to amp their game up and give a shit when it matters.

    i hope they double shift him tomorrow.

  3. #4043
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,337
    Ugghh.. be carefull. I read all this shit.

  4. #4044
    Brewmaster kabookiejoez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,485
    if vancouver wins..a riot.. if they lose a riot.. either way it can't end well

  5. #4045
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    if vancouver wins..a riot.. if they lose a riot.. either way it can't end well
    Cops every 20 yards in all of downtown yesterday, I think they're ready for war.

    I was there in '94 and it was mostly a small group of bridge and tunnel Ed hardy wearing chumps who just couldn't handle their '40's. Frankly there were only really a few hundred in the streets back then. Now that there are upwards of 100k in the streets it could spark up pretty quick. i only hope that cooler/smarter heads prevail or we're gonna have us a good old fashioned burnin'

    Fuzzzie i'm bein good i promise.

  6. #4046
    It sort of sickens me that a team that let in 8 goals in a Stanley Cup Finals game might actually win the cup.

  7. #4047
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It sort of sickens me that a team that let in 8 goals in a Stanley Cup Finals game might actually win the cup.
    Think of how sick the Vancouver fans felt watching each..and every..one..

    For a team that had the absolute best defensive record in the regular season and the most goals for...the only way you can explain it is a massive psychological meltdown and not being ready for the pressure. Everyone in Vancouver is absolutely stunned, we thought we put this crap behind us in Chicago...then in game 3...then 4....for sure they'd tighten up and close it in game 6...WTF..

    My poor liver can't take the whiskey i've been punishing it with just to keep the nerves in check.

  8. #4048
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It sort of sickens me that a team that let in 8 goals in a Stanley Cup Finals game might actually win the cup.
    That same team also had two shut outs so it balances out. The Canucks have given up 3.16 GPG in the finals. That is down from the 3.66 Chicago gave up to Philly last season (Chicago averaged 4.17). Detroit outscored Pittsburgh in 2009 but lost the Cup (17-14). Tampa and Calgary each scored 14 in 7 games when Tampa won the Cup.

    Looking back, scoring was way, way up in this finals last year compared to the previous decade. The last time there was even a single team scoring like Chicago and Philly did last year was 1997 when the Red Wings absolutely demolished the Flyers in 4 games with 16 goals.

    As for a high goal total in a single game, that last times a team has scored 6 or more in a game in the series and went on to lose:
    Vancouver Canucks in 1994. Won Game 5 6-3, lost in 7 to the Rangers.
    New York Islanders in 1984. Won Game 2 6-1, lost in 5 to Edmonton.
    Philadelphia Flyers in 1980. Won Game 2 8-3 and Game 5 6-3. Lost in 6 to the Islanders.
    Chicago Blackhawks in 1973. Won Game 3 7-5 and Game 6 8-7. Lost in 6 to Montreal.

    So 6 or more has happened 4 times since 1970 (I didn't go further back than that) and 8 goals has happened twice. So ya it is a rarity, but it does happen.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 08:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    For a team that had the absolute best defensive record in the regular season and the most goals for...the only way you can explain it is a massive psychological meltdown and not being ready for the pressure.
    If not being ready for the pressure was the case they wouldn't have won three games so far. Psychological meltdown, ya. What Boston should have done was play Chelsea Dagger over the PA system after each of the goals at home in Game 6. I think Luongo's head would have exploded. Boston fans should be slamming every Vancouver rock radio station requesting that song constantly until tomorrow nights game just on the off chance Luongo hears it driving to the stadium.

  9. #4049
    Being that I'm not a fan of either team, and really does not care who wins, i'd like to see this game go into quadruple overtime with a fluke controversial goal ala Brett Hull, Dallas Stars vs Buffalo Sabres.. yeah.. thatd be sweet

  10. #4050
    Epic! Lilcheeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    BOSTON, MA
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Just never wanna see that picture of Kaberle with a cup though
    Inorite. Boston fan that can't stand watching that guy.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    it's hard to argue stats. Vancouver is 10-3 on home ice so far in the playoffs, with Bobby Lu holding a .679 GA when he's in the Cable Box. Boston has struggled so far in Vancouver, and I don't see why tomorrow should be any different. Bobby plays extremely well on home ice (generally) and he's going to be pulling all the stops (no pun) in game 7.
    The B's changed their travel schedule to get there a day early and have their skate then. Maybe they'll have better legs on them with that adjustment. If they come out flying like the games at home, this is already over.

  11. #4051
    Just becuase vancouver has won every game at home, doesn't mean they will win game 7, plus if you look at the games in vancouver they have been one goal games. You better believe the bruins are going to be coming out like they did in the first 4 mins of game 6 and if that happens. Rogers Arena will be silent like the people of vancouver were when they showed em on the screen after the 3rd goal. This will be one hell of a game.

    Last edited by kilj; 2011-06-15 at 03:06 PM.

  12. #4052
    The way I see it is this:

    During the Bruins' three worst games, the canucks have barely eeked out 3 single-goal wins against the bruins with home ice advantage. Given the advantage, the Bruins and canucks played roughly equally, give or take a little. During the Bruins' three best game, they absolutely obliterated the 'nucks.

    What that suggests to me that head-to-head, the canucks have been, at best, the Bruins' equals. Now, this is game 7. There is no tomorrow, either way. I do not see the Bruins playing anything less than their best. I honestly believe that best vs best, the Bruins are a better team. Good enough to overcome the home ice advantage.

    Add into that the comments and dirty plays and the canucks are practically begging karma (statistical and otherwise) to favor the Bruins. Plus it's my birthday, the holiest of holidays world-wide, and I think I deserve a world championship.

  13. #4053
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    The way I see it is this:
    Add into that the comments and dirty plays and the canucks are practically begging karma (statistical and otherwise) to favor the Bruins. Plus it's my birthday, the holiest of holidays world-wide, and I think I deserve a world championship.
    I watched the NBC/Vs feed for game one, so I totally understand the bias that is presented. The dirtiest team by a long shot here has been the Bruins, and the worst part is that they've gotten away with it scott free.

    The problem seems to stem from a preconceived notion set (i think in the SJ series) that players were selling calls. Which, in SJ, both teams did tons of. What anyone with even a tiny bit of pro sports background will tell you is that is usually the result of poor officiating not catching blatant fouls. It takes most players awhile to take it to the extent that we've seen in this series, and all the way back to the beginning of the playoffs we've seen spectacularly bad officiating on all sides.

    The goal of the league was to call games in the playoffs just like they call them in the regular season, and yet again they haven't, so it's no surprise that the dominant, overall winner in the regular season is struggling some games. It's not simply because of the pressure, but that it's an entirely different rulebook.

    Take the suspensions and late hits out of the equation, so to avoid the shitstorm of opinions, and just look at the plays on the ice, and these should be penalty filled on both sides. Call the games the way it's supposed to be called and the league wouldn't be sitting there trying to figure out how the bullshit in this series got away from them.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 10:12 AM ----------

    Oh, and happy Bday Jira

  14. #4054
    Epic! Lilcheeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    BOSTON, MA
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    I watched the NBC/Vs feed for game one, so I totally understand the bias that is presented. The dirtiest team by a long shot here has been the Bruins, and the worst part is that they've gotten away with it scott free.

    The problem seems to stem from a preconceived notion set (i think in the SJ series) that players were selling calls. Which, in SJ, both teams did tons of. What anyone with even a tiny bit of pro sports background will tell you is that is usually the result of poor officiating not catching blatant fouls. It takes most players awhile to take it to the extent that we've seen in this series, and all the way back to the beginning of the playoffs we've seen spectacularly bad officiating on all sides.

    The goal of the league was to call games in the playoffs just like they call them in the regular season, and yet again they haven't, so it's no surprise that the dominant, overall winner in the regular season is struggling some games. It's not simply because of the pressure, but that it's an entirely different rulebook.

    Take the suspensions and late hits out of the equation, so to avoid the shitstorm of opinions, and just look at the plays on the ice, and these should be penalty filled on both sides. Call the games the way it's supposed to be called and the league wouldn't be sitting there trying to figure out how the bullshit in this series got away from them.
    While I agree with you that the league and refs let this series get out of hand from the get go, you're certainly looking at this through your own set of blinders if you think Vancouver is any less dirty or that they aren't flopping all over the place. This has been a physical series, deal with it. If your guys aren't going to play with the same will and determination, that's their own flaw. This is north american hockey, not Euro ice dancing. Their diving antics are hilarious, and really the refs have done a great job of ignoring it and penalizing it. If you want to watch that kind of crap, go turn on soccer or the NBA.

    And your point on penalties? Yea, they've been calling a lot of penalties all series, so I'm not sure what your complaint is there.
    Game 6; V 1-6; B 2-5
    Game 5; V 0-3; B 0-4
    Game 4; V 0-6; B 0-4
    Game 3; V 0-8; B 2-4
    Game 2; V 1-2; B 1-3
    Game 1; V 0-6; B 0-6

    So I don't know how many more penalties you want called. Its not like its really going to help Vancouver anyway, they've been miserable on the PP.
    Last edited by Lilcheeks; 2011-06-15 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Dirty Sanchez

  15. #4055
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    I watched the NBC/Vs feed for game one, so I totally understand the bias that is presented. The dirtiest team by a long shot here has been the Bruins, and the worst part is that they've gotten away with it scott free.

    The problem seems to stem from a preconceived notion set (i think in the SJ series) that players were selling calls. Which, in SJ, both teams did tons of. What anyone with even a tiny bit of pro sports background will tell you is that is usually the result of poor officiating not catching blatant fouls. It takes most players awhile to take it to the extent that we've seen in this series, and all the way back to the beginning of the playoffs we've seen spectacularly bad officiating on all sides.

    The goal of the league was to call games in the playoffs just like they call them in the regular season, and yet again they haven't, so it's no surprise that the dominant, overall winner in the regular season is struggling some games. It's not simply because of the pressure, but that it's an entirely different rulebook.

    Take the suspensions and late hits out of the equation, so to avoid the shitstorm of opinions, and just look at the plays on the ice, and these should be penalty filled on both sides. Call the games the way it's supposed to be called and the league wouldn't be sitting there trying to figure out how the bullshit in this series got away from them.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 10:12 AM ----------

    Oh, and happy Bday Jira
    Thanks

    And I will definitely agree with you on the officiating. I still disagree on the who's been a douchier team thing, but I highly doubt anyone here is going to change anyone's minds so it's really not worth anyone arguing about.

    But to my very untrained eye, in the games that I have watched, it seemed to me as if the Bruins had control of the puck, and the game, more often than the canucks. I think they have played better overall. No predictions about people buckling under pressure or anything like that. I stand by my statement. Best vs. best, the Bruins are a better team.

    Just a few hours to go!

  16. #4056
    Dreadlord Epuration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vancouver,Canada
    Posts
    855
    Just thought I would put this out there for the bruins fans:canucks have more road game goals than the bruins even after those games were over they still have managed to get more goals in TD that bruins have in rogers.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 06:04 PM ----------

    as an after thought there probably already closing down the streets in vancouver :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Chill down, have a kitten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahoota View Post
    I'm sure there is someone out there who sees fire and thinks "that could be fun."

  17. #4057
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    So I don't know how many more penalties you want called. Its not like its really going to help Vancouver anyway, they've been miserable on the PP.
    This already is the most penalized Stanley Cup Final ever and by a decent margin if i remember correctly. It will either further that tonight or the refs will swallow the whistle on everything ala Boston/Tampa Game 7 (which is the only reason Boston won /rabblerabble).

  18. #4058
    Where does your inspiration come from? Every second passing car with the flag on the windows, the crowded streets after a win, the honking of the horns and the screaming of the fans, or is it the pure adrenaline and excitement you get from those two words "HE SCORES" One more win that's all there is left, put on your Jersey's get out your flags, and cheer loud enough for the world to hear WE ARE ALL CANUCKS!!! Bring it home boys!

  19. #4059
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This already is the most penalized Stanley Cup Final ever and by a decent margin if i remember correctly. It will either further that tonight or the refs will swallow the whistle on everything ala Boston/Tampa Game 7 (which is the only reason Boston won /rabblerabble).
    I hope this game is called like the Eastern finals game 7. I am convinced Vancouver will win and the idea of having a team that did not show up at all for half of this series is going to be the NHL champ does not sit well with me. If Vancouver wins I want them to at least go out there and play hard and really earn it.

    Vancouver is a good team and I don't want to say they are undeserving at all but they are not playing their best. What if they ever figure out how to play in the Playoffs they are going to be scary for a long time. They are not doing so well right now and 1 game from the title so the idea of them getting their act together is scary. If Vancouver does win I will avoid all sports coverage I can in the near future. This will be just like how Luongo was a passenger and carried along for a Gold medal and he thought that was a personal accomplishment. If he finds away to be arrogant about a win in a series he got pulled twice and gave up 8 goals in another game that he was not pulled in then I want whatever he is on. If he puts up a shut out which would be his third of the series I still don't think he has room for talking. Thomas as long as he does not have a Luongo in Boston game will win the Conn Smythe.

  20. #4060
    Epic! Lilcheeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    BOSTON, MA
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This already is the most penalized Stanley Cup Final ever and by a decent margin if i remember correctly. It will either further that tonight or the refs will swallow the whistle on everything ala Boston/Tampa Game 7 (which is the only reason Boston won /rabblerabble).
    hehe. rabble rouser. But yea, the penalty totals are pretty high, and slightly in favor of Vancouver. I'm ok with that because B's PK is dominating and we've been more successful on PP anyway. I think everyone's gut feeling is that this trend is bound to change eventually, but eventually is running out quickly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •