10+ Year Old Account
    Penguins won the year after their winter classic
    Blackhawks won the year after their winter classic
    Bruins won the year after their winter classic

You heard it here first, next seasons Stanley Cup winner will either be the Penguins or the Capitals. nah jk Blackhawks vs Bolts because penguins and caps are gayyyy!

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Beiska free agent next year... in a bruins uniform aswell?!? just maybe
    Nobody will want him, he played for Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Personally, I am still convinced that it was a stylistic comment, not a shot at Thomas. Luongo is an idiot, but I find it hard to believe he would make that comment against a guy that had been having the season that Thomas had had and actually meant the comment.

Please show me how this goal is Luongo's fault. At least I assume this is the play you are referring to although it doesn't even come close to matching your description.

The offensive push occurs because of a bad change. Luongo takes a shot high that he is unable to control. The puck is moved to the left of the net off the body of Marchand or Bieska. Bieska then fumbles the puck away to Marchand who attempts to make a wrap around. Luongo, when moving to cover the other post, collides with Sedin. Luongo still manages to get over and stop the initial wrap around attempt, but the loose puck is pushed over the line by the momentum of his legs. The fault on that play lies completely with Bieska for the poor puck play and Sedin for the poor positioning play.
    You had some good posts as far as defense of Luongo goes I think and I agree with them. Luongo gave up I think 18 goals in their losses and in those games Vancouver scored 3. If he gave up half of that number and gave up 9 goals in 4 games that's not bad they could have still lost 4 games. Last night the marchand wrap around goal went in off his body after he appeared to make the save. The breakaway goal was odd and hard to fault him for that. Weird goal but it was on a power play and Vancouver had 0 shots and gave up a short handed break away hard to fault Luongo. The first Bergeron goal was also a defensive break down and the puck was past him before he could react. That loss definitely was not on him. Through out the series he gave up too many goals but everyone on the team could have done more as well. It was a team loss. I generally get on Luongo because he often comes across as arrogant and foolish so I think he has that in common with Lebron James. He makes it harder on himself by saying things at the wrong time or does not say them clearly and they are interpreted negatively. He is a bit different and I think that was likely one of the factors why he lost the C because he is a bit introverted it seems.

Hes not a bad guy however and at the end of the game in the final seconds went way out of his crease to tell his defender to shoot the puck down to Thomas so he could have it. Thats classy I think. Just easy to jump down the guys throat because of his huge contract and him coming off as stand offish and selfish possibly. He is frustrating though and hard for me to watch at times but I still think of him as a top 5 or so goalie in the league. He makes a lot of saves he maybe shouldn't make then gives up softies that are in his feet or something weird out of the blue but still to regularly.

Huhderp

Sportsmanship - practice it you clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

Nobody will want him, he played for Vancouver.
    Ehrhoff and Bieksa are the most prominent defencmen going into UFA. The only other I can think of right now is Weber but he's an RFA and Nashville would give both testicles to keep him.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Major adjustments are not needed. This season was a great success and unfortunately we came up one win short.

One thing on my wishlist though would be to have a strong winger on Keslers line, or have one on the Sedins and bring Burrows down. The Raymond - Kesler - Burrows experimental line was one of the best we had all season.

Oh and that small little thing of keeping Bieksa and Ehrhoff.
    I would agree with that. Raymond-Kessler-Burrows is a dominating line that wears people down. Maybe as a top 2 lines winger Kopecky from the Hawks in FA might be doable. Some other guys that I think would be beneficial and fit right in with Malholtra could be Ville Leino, or Brooks Laich. I don't know how much anyone will cost but I thought those guys might be realistic to fit in. I hope they don't resign Torres. He was once the 5th over all pick but for the most part is an underachiver and a physical player. He is not overly big and is more like matt cooke or chris avery in cowardly tough guy instead of being a true enforcer that the Canucks could use. I really don't like his plays and maybe he rubbed off on Hanson a bit trying to lay out anyone he could in game 7. Stupid plays are costly so I hope they get some guys with their heads on straight that can keep their cool and respond well to adversity.

I know everyone hates that Ballard move now but other than the big contract for only a decent player they also got rid of Grabner last summer who looked good for the Islanders. I hope they bring up Hodgson and let him play in the league and give him a chance. It will be tough on such a good team but they need to give him a chance or trade him before he loses all of his stock and confidence and no one would want him. They should view free agency and the offseason as not being one piece away from a championship and trying to stick the prettiest puzzle piece into the hole but find the right piece that actually fits. They should do what will make themselves a better hockey team overall and for multiple seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I dont like sports, dont watch sports, but i gota lol at how canada got beat at their own national passtime by america. You guys live, breath, Poop, and sleep Hockey. And for us its just another sport. And then the Riots, lol.
    To be fair the Bruins only played one american in the SCF...and had 13 canadians with play time. Also the coach, GM, and president of the Bruins are all Canadians.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Ehrhoff and Bieksa are the most prominent defencmen going into UFA. The only other I can think of right now is Weber but he's an RFA and Nashville would give both testicles to keep him.
    Kaberle too. I would be surprised if the B's picked him back up, despite coming alive in the final series. Unless they get him at a bargain Steven Kampfer will fill his spot nicely.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-06-17 at 05:18 AM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

I dont like sports, dont watch sports, but i gota lol at how canada got beat at their own national passtime by america. You guys live, breath, Poop, and sleep Hockey. And for us its just another sport. And then the Riots, lol.
    No you didn't. You got silver on home ice in salt lake city and silver on Canadian soil in Vancouver. Are you talking about this season of the NHL? The bruins was mostly Canadian players, a north american city beat another north american city. Its no different then the blue jays winning the world series twice in a row. I didn't lol at the US when that happened because the majority of the team was american/mexican, again in that sitatuation a north american team won the world series. How does that have anything to do with nationality?

I gotta lol at american ignorance.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2011-06-17 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Penguins won the year after their winter classic
    Blackhawks won the year after their winter classic
    Bruins won the year after their winter classic

You heard it here first, next seasons Stanley Cup winner will either be the Penguins or the Capitals. nah jk Blackhawks vs Bolts because penguins and caps are gayyyy!
    First off, it was Buffalo's Winter Classic. Pittsburgh just won it. Second, Chicago didn't win at Wrigley. Yes, Boston did win at Fenway. If you're trying to project some sort of pattern, it isn't working. Win away, loose at home, win at home? And even if it did work, these playoffs proved that statistics don't mean shit. Vancouver was supposed to win because Canada took home Gold in the Winter Olympics.

And how old are you? "penguins and caps are gayyyy!" Really? Thanks for the great analysis on next seasons playoffs.

On another note, did anyone see Savard out there? I didn't see him, but I was hoping he would be there to lift the cup too. Even if his name won't go on it, he deserves to take part in the celebrations. He's as much a part of the Bruins as anyone who was actually playing in the Finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was at home. Julien said his condition fluctuates day to day, week to week and that he is still a huge part of the team, despite not being around much.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

And then the Riots, lol.
    I'm not LOL'n at the riots, I'm shaking my head. Its sad really. The people and the city of Vancouver are wonderful but this is really a blemish. Its funny not much is mentioned here about that. If that was Boston or ANY other American city you know it would be said and more people of your ilk would be here just to bash the U.S.

As far as the NHL mostly being Canadian, of course it is. Like 70% is Canadian, but if you look lots of teams have simple role players that are Canadian, the grinders. Lots of the skilled players are from some where else. So yes I guess its American ignorance but funny most of of the Canadians that spend any amount of time here in the U.S. get U.S. citizenship. Yzerman, Neeley, Gretzky etc etc I could keep going. Funny thou, the north of the border fan boys seem to forget the reason the NHL'ers are in the Olympics and rep'n their country. A lil thing called the world cup in 1996, where the Canadians BOO'd the U.S. team. I forget the outcome of that classic series.....Oh yes, thats right THE U.S. won it, in Montreal. Classy fans those frenchies. Funny when the ole guard snob ass Canadians wanna get involved Canada doesn't do so well. How was the outcome of the 2006 and 1998 olympics? Stop acting like you own the game still.
    Last edited by Chasey; 2011-06-17 at 06:27 AM.

Eh, read the last few pages and have a couple of things to say.

Congratulations to Boston, they outplayed us and deserved the cup despite us being the favorite heading in, and quickly losing that.

Thomas played a great game and Boston fed off of it, we can blame Luongo all we want but it was team effort, I was downtown for the final game and by the time I made my way down 4 packed blocks of people, I caught the last half of the game and saw no intensity, determination, or anything for that matter when down 3-0. Boston wanted it, they deserved it, and as much as it hurts to say, I'm glad they got it. It clearly isn't our time yet.

Lots of shit was said during the playoffs, especially the finals, and I'd assume most of you understand, we (me) were just into it. The Canucks don't do this well often and it's exciting, exhilarating, and intense. When it comes down to it, we're all just fans of probably one of the greatest sports, and now that Boston is evidently the better and more deserving team, I think we can move on.

The goof I saw saying something about how he's glad Canada lost and USA is better because we 'live, breath, etc, hockey' ? Are you fucking retarded? How many Canadians on Boston? Better question, you think because someone is born north of a border, they're somehow so different? /facepalm

Lastly, I stayed downtown a bit after the game, so I didn't see much of the riot firsthand. Don't allow a group of a couple hundred people, that came to riot, not watch us get handed like the rest of the loyal fans, give us a bad name. Such a great run for us, all of it to be forgotten because some goofs in bandanas decided to burn cars and break into stores.. It's not a 'Canadian' thing, it's not a 'hockey' thing, it's a 'we don't watch hockey and we want the attention' thing. Out of the 100,000+ fans that were downtown, probably 5-10% stayed hours after the game for the riot, and 80% of those were taking pictures because the skytrains were shut down because these morons were busy giving us a bad name. The morons that are saying it's all of Vancouver, you're fucking stupid.

TL;DR:
    -Congrats Boston, you deserved it.
    -Luongo didn't suck, we did.
    -We're all hockey fans here.
    -Rioters unfortunately gave us a bad name.

Edit: Garbles, the playoffs are over and I still think you're a moron. You're 15 incredibly insightful and eye-opening posts in this thread are about flaming the Canucks because they eliminated the Blackhawks. Chicago sucks, solely because you're a fan of them.

Editedit: Irony, get over it, the Sharks outplayed you and we outplayed them. Don't have to be so bitter for so long ;] You're attitude is more annoying than marcelos' conspiracy theories.

Editeditedit: ... .________." anyways, I'll probably get banned for what I said in my previous edits, I'd just like to say this thread was a blast for the nights I couldn't go out, 218 pages, 4352 posts, and counting.. I love you all, except you know who.

CANUCKS 2012 BELIEVE IN BLUE

Editediteditedit.. I know -.-"

Some good in the riot? No, she was injured. Still a nice picture :3

Here I go again..

Just thought I'd add that there are several sites and facebook groups with pictures / videos of the rioters with people identifying them.
    http://vancityriotcriminals.tumblr.com/
    Just an example, these peoples facebooks are getting leaked and they will be punished for the shit they caused. But I guess we only really rioted because the Canadian team lost the Canadian sport, right?
    Last edited by cineplex; 2011-06-17 at 07:11 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I'm about as far from a Luongo fanboy as you can be, but when you lose 8-1, 5-0, and 4-0 its not the Goalies fault. When you score 8 goals over an entire 7 games, your team played shit. Luongo was terrible for those 4 loss', but so was every other Canuck. Vancouver losing the series wasn't solely Luongos fault, its the fault of every Canuck player that skated that night. Luongo is the only reason this series wasn't a sweep.
    Yeah that's what I've been saying, its the whole team that sucked. In the finals anyway, the rest of the season they were all good. Ran out of steam at the end maybe, I dunno. BB just brought more.

If you don't watch sports then you clearly know exactly what you're talking about right? Like the fact that the "American" team had more Canadians on it than the "Canadian" team. Go troll somewhere else.

Cineplex! Awesome post man. Very well done.

Before i read anything about the "picture" i thought that guy don't give two fucks about Boston, he's getting laid - then read that she was hurt and everything, but it's a very striking picture indeed.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't turn the thread into US. vs Canada. Start focusing on the Hockey and next season. This is the sports forum after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    First off, it was Buffalo's Winter Classic. Pittsburgh just won it. Second, Chicago didn't win at Wrigley. Yes, Boston did win at Fenway. If you're trying to project some sort of pattern, it isn't working. Win away, loose at home, win at home? And even if it did work, these playoffs proved that statistics don't mean shit. Vancouver was supposed to win because Canada took home Gold in the Winter Olympics.

And how old are you? "penguins and caps are gayyyy!" Really? Thanks for the great analysis on next seasons playoffs.

On another note, did anyone see Savard out there? I didn't see him, but I was hoping he would be there to lift the cup too. Even if his name won't go on it, he deserves to take part in the celebrations. He's as much a part of the Bruins as anyone who was actually playing in the Finals.
    Im saying they won the cup the following year after they played in the winter classic, it doesnt matter who won the winter classic game...

Never was a big fan of the Bruins, but I would have rooted for any team over Vancouver.

The better team won, no doubt about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how many of you read Puck Daddy, but they put up their Vancouver eulogy today like they do when teams get knocked out. It was written by the guys from Second City Hockey (A Blackhawks blog) and it is absolutely fantastic.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-wp7462

Favorite part:
    In the first draft of this, I surmised that you should be happy you lost. Because winning would have given you an identity, and that's not what you are. You're Western Canada's faceless team. No history, no tradition, you're basically the Pacific Time Zone Senators.
    Your other neighbors there in the West have Cups and Hall of Famers and classic uniforms. You? You have a statue of a guy bitching about the refs immortalized. Oh, and Trevor Linden got a gate named after him. All your so-called rituals are stolen. Your Green Men? Taken from "It's Always Sunny." Your towels? Preceded in Pittsburgh by a decade. Your PA announcer's "Woo!" after goal announcements? Taken from your most recent conquerors. Your colors? Whaler-colors. Your original logo is the most perfect, non-descript in every way, giving no indication as to what you are or what you do.
    And based on the damage around the city, apparently you've decided to adapt the Montreal method for dealing with loss.

The Thing 1 and Thing 2 picture from Dr. Seuss made into the Sedins as Thing -11 and Thing -9 might be the most hilarious thing I have seen come out of their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    He was at home. Julien said his condition fluctuates day to day, week to week and that he is still a huge part of the team, despite not being around much.
    It is a damn shame what has happened to Savard. Love that guy. Hopefully he can get back on his feet next season. I really hope the same thing doesn't happen to Crosby who still isn't 100% from his concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    That isn't American ignorance, it is just sheer stupidity. Like the location of a team matters at all. The NHL is such an international league that there is hardly any national pride and only local fan base pride. I'm a Detroit fan from Michigan. I don't feel a lick of pride that an American team won. If it was the Olympics maybe I would (although not really as I just enjoy watching hockey in general and don't care if the Us team sucks or not).
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-17 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Edit: Garbles, the playoffs are over and I still think you're a moron. You're 15 incredibly insightful and eye-opening posts in this thread are about flaming the Canucks because they eliminated the Blackhawks. Chicago sucks, solely because you're a fan of them.
    Editedit: Irony, get over it, the Sharks outplayed you and we outplayed them. Don't have to be so bitter for so long ;] You're attitude is more annoying than marcelos' conspiracy theories.
    Never once said they didn't. Learn to read.
    All I said was that Vancouver played shit away and they'd lose the series, because Boston was the better team. Oh look, I was right.

Oh btw, don't call someone out for bashing your team, when did it to every non Vancouver team.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-06-17 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that thing is disgusting.