Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/dshoalts/status/446451356761882624

dont know how credible this dude is but yeah

I think he's a writer for the Globe & Mail? No idea either... I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Reimer refuses to sign an extension unless part of the agreement is an immediate trade. Wonder who we can get from the Islanders or Jets for him, though, if he keeps dumping his #s like he has been.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked carlyle up to the point where he said what he did about reimer. Everyone knows Reimer has been struggeling mentally this season and saying things like this is only going to inflate him even more. Fans has been brutal aswell.
    I want Reimer gone from Toronto because he has the chance of becoming a decent 1st goalie somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reims would definitely be an upgrade from Pavs. But there is definitely a larger microscope here in Winnipeg. Smallish city, where we really make it known if we don't like your performance. Passionate fan base to say the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Reims would definitely be an upgrade from Pavs. But there is definitely a larger microscope here in Winnipeg. Smallish city, where we really make it known if we don't like your performance. Passionate fan base to say the least.
    Wouldnt really call majority of the fans "passionate" rather trash, especially this year.
    Countless games where you can hear the fans just ripping everyone a new one. and the topping of the cake was when they had a go at that 11 year old islander fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Wouldnt really call majority of the fans "passionate" rather trash, especially this year.
    Countless games where you can hear the fans just ripping everyone a new one. and the topping of the cake was when they had a go at that 11 year old islander fan.
    I've been feeling the same way. Happy for them when they got their team and now they just feel like a classless hockey city in my perception.

As for Reimer being an upgrade over Pavelec, I think so but the radio announcers in Toronto sure don't.

I've always liked carlyle up to the point where he said what he did about reimer. Everyone knows Reimer has been struggeling mentally this season and saying things like this is only going to inflate him even more. Fans has been brutal aswell.
    I want Reimer gone from Toronto because he has the chance of becoming a decent 1st goalie somewhere else.

Bernier has looked significantly more comfortable in net all year long, but very few fans have blamed Reimer for anything; maybe a few 12 year olds, but for the most part we've been blaming the pylon play in front of the net.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-03-20 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's tough as a Leafs goalie when you see 40+ shots in a lot of games. Even though Reimer's win column isn't great, his SV% really isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It's tough as a Leafs goalie when you see 40+ shots in a lot of games. Even though Reimer's win column isn't great, his SV% really isn't that bad.
    Yeah, the team doesn't play right in front of him (or Bernier) at all.

You make it sound like every fan in Winnipeg is a delusional cunt. That's the extreme minority, just like in most hockey passionate cities. There are people like that everywhere, though.. just take a look at the douches who showed up for the olympic hockey thread. I don't think all Scandanavian people are sore losers and really bad people in general just because the few I saw in that thread made it appear that way. Unless you're at the games seeing every single interaction, you have no way of knowing how good or bad it really is, but most Jets fans I come across in my personal life or online seem to be pretty laid back and just want to enjoy hockey.

As for what Carlyle said about Reimer.. he didn't say 'Reimer blew the season' or 'Reimer is the only reason we did not win this game'. He said 'He played OK... just OK'. What's he supposed to say after your goalie lets in some stinkers? It's everyone's fault except Reimer's, and I can't believe how great he played for us making all those incredibly easy saves look super challenging. Dude gets paid millions to be a goalie.. if you can't take criticism, sack up or go work in the loading dock of a supermarket.

The team stinks at shot differential, and as people have been saying all year, it's going to cost them a fair amount of the time.

The anchor for sportsnet just compared the Ottawa Senators to a girl on crutches in the crowd...I want TSN.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    The anchor for sportsnet just compared the Ottawa Senators to a girl on crutches in the crowd...I want TSN.
    Well he's not wrong...so there's that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Well he's not wrong...so there's that.
    Little tasteless IMO,but youre right
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I've been feeling the same way. Happy for them when they got their team and now they just feel like a classless hockey city in my perception.

As for Reimer being an upgrade over Pavelec, I think so but the radio announcers in Toronto sure don't.
    I'm going to ignore the comment on trash talking my city.

The thing with Pavs as I've seen at numerous games and have noticed. When he wins a game or two, he has a lot of confidence. When he drops a game, he starts to drop the ball a lot. His confidence is very suspect. But the entirety of the Jets are very inconsistent. We outplay the hell out of a top team then drop the next game to a team we should beat.

Are the Flyers at the "Damn, I don't want to play that team" stage yet? Everything is working now. The defense is slowly creeping back to middle of the pack and the offense is climbing towards top 5. They have a top 10 PP and PK unit. Mason has a very respectable GAA (2.57).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If it's Boston I don't think they care who they face. Maybe some of the weaker teams in the East who are just in a spot because the conference is a joke might be a bit scared. I don't think Tampa cares much either. Pittsburgh could but Fleury is the X factor for them.

I would say Philly is at the point where they could take any team in the East in a 7 game series, yes. Since they started to turn it around, they're something like 4th best in the league in terms of record, 2nd in PP and 6th in PK.. or the other way around. Either way it's damn impressive. I mean considering they were 3-8, I don't think anyone saw them going 34-17-7 to this point in the season after that stretch. I mean, they fired Laviolette after starting 0-3 and then went 3-5 after that.... Colour me impressed. That being said, while I think they COULD beat anyone in 7 in the East, I would not want to face Columbus in the first round... two of the hotter teams in the last month or so - if they can ride that into the playoffs, it will be one hell of a first round in an unexpected matchup.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, why wasn't the guy who boarded Ranger suspended? I was under the impression that boarding like that which caused an injury was a suspendable offense. Hits like that would have given players a few games earlier this season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This Flames game is crazy! That 5th goal ehhh iffy call there. I don't think it was in. But still...exciting puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    This Flames game is crazy! That 5th goal ehhh iffy call there. I don't think it was in. But still...exciting puck.
    It totally squeaked over, can see the preds D man (idk who it was) trying to shovel it out while the keeper was shuffling his pads. Definitely a crazy game though lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that Nash threw down the gloves last night!