Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I feel bad for LA, before the series started I picked MTRL and LA to win, and my predictions in hockey have literally been the exact oppositve of what actually happens.
    It's alright. My GF is just the same and she picked Hawks and Habs. So you 2 balance eachother out

A news bit from the 28th that I just only saw today.
    Not sure if you guys have heard about it, so I thought I'd share:

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Los Angeles police say they are investigating a battery report from a fan who says Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford sprayed water in his face during Game 4 of the Western Conference final against the Kings at Staples Center.
    Source: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...e-4-in-LA.html

Another funny anecdote:

First among North American skaters in NHL Central Scouting's final 2014 draft rankings, the Kingston Frontenacs centre finished dead-last in one category during Saturday's fitness testing at the annual combine. Bennett couldn't do a single pull-up.

"I was definitely disappointed with myself," Bennett said. "I was wanting to do the best I can in every test. But, I guess, ultimately games aren't won or lost if you can do a pull-up in the gym."
    Source: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...m-Bennett.html

And lastly, some business stuff:

P.K. Subban was still wearing his playoff beard as he answered questions about what may be a summer-long story about his contract negotiations.

Since signing a two-year "bridge" deal that paid him US$3.75 million this season, the 25-year-old, who has become one of the NHL's best and most entertaining defencemen, is a potential restricted free agent in position to ink a multi-year contract for a king's ransom with the Montreal Canadiens.

Or he could take a shorter contract and then become an unrestricted free agent.

Subban said he hopes to sign a long-term deal and to stay in Montreal his entire career.
    Source: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-new-deal.html

I hope his wish comes true. He's my favourite player and plays in my favourite team, so... I'd very much like to see him with the Canadiens forever.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani;27398436Source: [url
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/57184-Unsigned-defenceman-Subban-hopes-to-stay-in-Montreal-longterm-with-new-deal.html[/url]

I hope his wish comes true. He's my favourite player and plays in my favourite team, so... I'd very much like to see him with the Canadiens forever.

That would be great for the rest of the league for MTL to sign him long term at a big cap hit. The only thing I saw him do for 6 games was cough up the puck every time someone pressured him or taking a dive.

If Phaneuf can get 7, Subban should get like 9. Just sayin. As for the whole water bottle incident, Doughty said it best: whoop-de-doo.

Deleted
    Kings plays way better than Chicago but trails with a couple of goals. Intense game 7 though.

Edit: Crawford is awful.
    Last edited by mmoca0c62387e3; 2014-06-02 at 01:27 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what an intense game, this should be the finals lol

Oh boy, here we go. This shit is intense, I can't watch anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favourite part of playoffs. Game 7 Overtime.

And game.

No Patrick Kane miracles tonight then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's Kings vs Rangers for the Stanley Cup.

Well, quite the disappointment. Those bastards were trailing the entire game, I knew it was gonna end like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was watching the dodgers game on espn, could def tell when the kings won, fans went nuts lol
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty obvious who the 2 best teams in the league are right now. Doughty conn smyth favourite unless Lundqvist has something to say about it I'd assume but my god what a player.

10+ Year Old Account
    fucking finally

15+ Year Old Account
    I was driving home from my brother's place where I was watching the game and as I was driving down the street listening to the post game on the radio the whole area had this ominous silence to it like the entire city had been defeated. People driving home in their Hawks jerseys with empty blank stares on their faces like I"m sure the one I was casting myself.

I'm disappointed but it's surely not a failed season, it was an awesome series.

Hawks fans should be pretty proud. They fought hard to get back in the series and almost closed it out. It's so tough to repeat and they gave themselves a good shot to get there. The Kings are something else.

Really looking forward to the Final. Quick vs. Lundqvist has seemed like an inevitability.

That was without a doubt one of the best hockey series I have ever watched in my 20 years of watching hockey. I hope the final can even come close to that :x

A little piece of history was witnessed here today since, apparently, L.A is the first NHL team ever to win three game 7s on the road to reach the final.

10+ Year Old Account
    The season was a failure for the Hawks. They are too good to not say Cup or bust. There wasn't a solid reason for the Hawks losing. Crawford played good, was not out played by Quick. The Hawks were the more dominate team when either team was able dominate. If one of the 45 luck bounce goals for the Kings hit pipe, it would be the Hawks. Every Cup champion get lucky bounces, some more than others it seems.

The only time you can say a pro team had a good season and not win, is when it's up and coming. Do you think the Pacers had a good season? If the Spurs beat the Heat, did 'Bron have a good season? Do you think Brady and Belichik both tell each other "great season" for the last 10?
    Last edited by Camnorick; 2014-06-02 at 06:44 AM.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

10+ Year Old Account
    So Gretzky drops the first puck in the SCF?

Edit: To the poster above me, the Pats make the playoffs every year because their division is not a great division at all. That's not a knock at the Pats. They are a good team, but not as good as the other conference at the moment. And as for the Heat. They play in a god awful conference. The western conference is generally considered a harder place to make the playoffs. Which seems surprisingly true for the NHL as well. The West is a much more competitive conference than the East.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2014-06-02 at 07:25 AM.