Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post
    You should get your eyes checked. Boston has played better this whole series. The Canucks were suppose to be killing the Bruins with their offense.
    Bruins played better and are losing the series.

Pro logic.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Bruins played better and are losing the series.

Pro logic.

In game 2 they did play better one fail mistake by thomas cost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    What about Chara? When he's busy not going for dirty hits he's getting out manned by somoene half his size.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What about Chara? When he's busy not going for dirty hits he's getting out manned by somoene half his size.
    Didn't even really notice cuz the tv was off the second I saw thomas try to check burros and slide 4 feet away from his crease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Oh please. It's like you aren't even watching the same game as the rest of us.

Boston gave up the first goal, because Ference decided to try to clear the puck with his purse.
    Meanwhile, Boston's 2 goals during that game were both flukey bounces - especially the second one.
    Boston's power play is just AWESOME, I think Thomas Kaberle got his fourth shot on goal all season in game 2.

Seriously, I know you're a fanboy for the Boston Goons, but I think you're watching a different game than anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    lulz. Aaron Rome went all Darcy Tucker on Horton.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but still; I thought the goons would be on Grapes' team, not the Canucks.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:21 AM ----------

Horton can join Bergeron and Savard in the "bib club".
    They're all a bunch of goons anyway, none of them belong in the NHL.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 06:22 AM ----------

That's the kind of shit we Leafs fans say. We don't believe it when we say it, do you actually believe that?
    given the first 2 games were toss ups, ya i do...and no im not a bruins fan, nor am i a nucks fan.. but pretty obvious it could be

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 04:20 AM ----------

torres.. dirty hits

was it hamhuis that smashed someones head in the glass with his hand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    given the first 2 games were toss ups, ya i do...and no im not a bruins fan, nor am i a nucks fan.. but pretty obvious it could be
    They were only toss-ups by number, and in both games, Vancouver out-played Boston by a huge margin.
    Tim Thomas is the only reason Boston even made it this far. Against a team that isn't afraid of an all-star goalie, however, they have nothing.

No team with Thomas Kaberle will ever win the Stanley Cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been tossups all over the place. Considering that both Vancouver and Boston went to Game 7 overtime in the first round, a tossup could have changed the entire playoffs.

At the end of the day, tossups don't matter. It's just who wins, and who doesn't.

Oh please. It's like you aren't even watching the same game as the rest of us.

Boston gave up the first goal, because Ference decided to try to clear the puck with his purse.
    Meanwhile, Boston's 2 goals during that game were both flukey bounces - especially the second one.
    Boston's power play is just AWESOME, I think Thomas Kaberle got his fourth shot on goal all season in game 2.

Seriously, I know you're a fanboy for the Boston Goons, but I think you're watching a different game than anyone else.
    Lol guy your delusional thats all there is to it if you reply with one more delusional rant im going to have to notify a toronto mental institution in the interest of your safety....

O btw Shouldn't talk about powerplays when your own teams powerplay has less goals then the bruins do shorthanded in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll is obvious? Bergeron is the biggest goon of the three.
    After his time off as a result of that hit from Randy Jones - which was dirty, no question about it - he came back an honors graduate from Scott Stevens University.
    This is the most unintelligent, unwarranted claim I've seen yet on these forums.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

This thread has turned into something that isn't really fun at this point. Its not so much hockey discussion as flaming and trolling. At least a few of you guys on both sides have tried to bring it back but Atrea, I don't know how we're supposed to take you seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I guess Ballard is in then.
    Remember when Ballard was actually considered a top pair defenseman? That was in Florida though so I guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. Frankly they are lucky to have three defense pairings on their team with how bad the management is of that franchise. Surprised Murray hasn't just signed like 17 left wingers.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    This thread has turned into something that isn't really fun at this point. Its not so much hockey discussion as flaming and trolling. At least a few of you guys on both sides have tried to bring it back but Atrea, I don't know how we're supposed to take you seriously.
    /signed. It has really broken down over the last couple days.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 11:41 AM ----------

Chara took a bad angle on Burrows and didn't want to take a penalty by hauling him down from behind. Lets not forget that Chara saved a goal earlier in the game by blocking a shot on an empty net. Chara has hardly been invisible defensively. If that were true the Canucks would be scoring 4 or 5 goals per game because outside of Thomas' heroics, the Bruins defense is terrible without Chara. Outside of a couple of chippy plays and a couple tougher hits, I don't think Chara has ever been labeled as a dirty player or really executed any dirty hits and yes that includes the hit on Pacorietty which was nothing more than interference.

The Chara and Rome hits are fairly decent parallels. Both plays were obvious interference penalties. Chara's was meant to squeeze off an attacking player while Rome's was meant to step up on a player entering the zone. The major difference between the two is that Chara's hit was simply poor placement on the ice. He didn't intend to hit him so that his head would hit the stanchion. Rome however clearly jumped into the hit and delivered a shoulder to the head. Whether he meant to injure or not is irrelevant (I'm sure he didn't). Whereas Chara delivered a penalty-worthy injury resultant hit in a legal fashion, Rome delivered a penalty worthy, injury resultant hit in an illegal fashion. Rome had the opportunity to deliver an interference-worthy, but "legal" hit, he didn't take it and he opted to hit a player high knowing full well the consequences for both Horton and himself.

Rome could have easily bent and made a world class hip check on him, as has been done several times in the playoffs by Canuck players. It would have made the highlight reels. It would have embarrassed Horton and made him look like an idiot for not looking forward. In the end it would be a play forgotten after a day or two. Instead he opted to attempt to decapitate a guy which is exactly what the NHL wants out of the game. He hits Horton low, he gets 2 minutes for interference, Horton can probably go 15 minutes without needing a Tylenol, and the Canucks probably win game 3. He hits Horton high he gets 5 minutes, a game misconduct, 4 game suspension, puts his team drastically shorthanded for the rest of the night and gives Boston all the motivation they need to win that game in dominating fashion to gain all of the momentum in the series. It was a stupid play by Rome and there is absolutely no defending his actions whether it be on Nathan Horton, a guy with a somewhat spotty past, Chris Pronger, a guy dirtier than a pig in a mudpit, or Pavel Datsyuk, a guy never accused of being anything but the most gentlemanly player ever. Anyone defending Rome for hitting high because it was Nathan Horton is a fool, a moron, a Boston-hater, a bloodthirsty neanderthal, or simply not a fan of hockey.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-08 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Remember when Ballard was actually considered a top pair defenseman? That was in Florida though so I guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. Frankly they are lucky to have three defense pairings on their team with how bad the management is of that franchise. Surprised Murray hasn't just signed like 17 left wingers.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 11:24 AM ----------

/signed. It has really broken down over the last couple days.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 11:41 AM ----------

Chara took a bad angle on Burrows and didn't want to take a penalty by hauling him down from behind. Lets not forget that Chara saved a goal earlier in the game by blocking a shot on an empty net. Chara has hardly been invisible defensively. If that were true the Canucks would be scoring 4 or 5 goals per game because outside of Thomas' heroics, the Bruins defense is terrible without Chara. Outside of a couple of chippy plays and a couple tougher hits, I don't think Chara has ever been labeled as a dirty player or really executed any dirty hits and yes that includes the hit on Pacorietty which was nothing more than interference.

The Chara and Rome hits are fairly decent parallels. Both plays were obvious interference penalties. Chara's was meant to squeeze off an attacking player while Rome's was meant to step up on a player entering the zone. The major difference between the two is that Chara's hit was simply poor placement on the ice. He didn't intend to hit him so that his head would hit the stanchion. Rome however clearly jumped into the hit and delivered a shoulder to the head. Whether he meant to injure or not is irrelevant (I'm sure he didn't). Whereas Chara delivered a penalty-worthy injury resultant hit in a legal fashion, Rome delivered a penalty worthy, injury resultant hit in an illegal fashion. Rome had the opportunity to deliver an interference-worthy, but "legal" hit, he didn't take it and he opted to hit a player high knowing full well the consequences for both Horton and himself.

Rome could have easily bent and made a world class hip check on him, as has been done several times in the playoffs by Canuck players. It would have made the highlight reels. It would have embarrassed Horton and made him look like an idiot for not looking forward. In the end it would be a play forgotten after a day or two. Instead he opted to attempt to decapitate a guy which is exactly what the NHL wants out of the game. He hits Horton low, he gets 2 minutes for interference, Horton can probably go 15 minutes without needing a Tylenol, and the Canucks probably win game 3. He hits Horton high he gets 5 minutes, a game misconduct, 4 game suspension, puts his team drastically shorthanded for the rest of the night and gives Boston all the motivation they need to win that game in dominating fashion to gain all of the momentum in the series. It was a stupid play by Rome and there is absolutely no defending his actions whether it be on Nathan Horton, a guy with a somewhat spotty past, Chris Pronger, a guy dirtier than a pig in a mudpit, or Pavel Datsyuk, a guy never accused of being anything but the most gentlemanly player ever. Anyone defending Rome for hitting high because it was Nathan Horton is a fool, a moron, a Boston-hater, a bloodthirsty neanderthal, or simply not a fan of hockey.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Gotta give you props man, you're one of the only people in this thread who's actually trying to keep it civil and objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all you bruins fans which one do you think is worst

or

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    snip

Thats my opinion on it.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-06-08 at 05:24 PM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a Bruins fan at all (Fuck Boston), but why does one have to be worse than the other? Can't they both just be stupid, bad, dangerous plays and leave it at that? The Chara hit was worse because of the outcome. The Rome hit was worse because of the action. Chara's is avoidable if the stanchion design is less retarded. That same play happens 50 times a night in the regular season and one time in a thousand results in something like that because of the location. The last I can think that was even close to that ugly was Lemieux's hit on Draper back in the 90's, but that was obviously intentional. Rome's is avoidable if the guy took half a second to think and opted not to headshot the guy. His play happens a lot too, and almost always end up in injury. The fucking guy caught a headshot in the San Jose series and had a concussion. If that doesn't get it through his head maybe 4 more games off will. No one gives a shit about this play if Rome hits him in the shoulder, chest, legs, etc. It is only as severe as it was because he delivered a leaping headshot which is a stupid play whether Horton had been looking at him or not.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-08 at 05:45 PM.

Guys please chill out.

Flaming each other or causing unrest in threads like this will only lead to infractions -- which we prefer not to do.

To me the Rome hit is far worse but I wasn't expecting a suspension and was surprised when I saw that he got 4 games. The Chara hit was described by a hockey play that went wrong and it is what I saw too. Chara recognizes that he's not gonna win a foot race against a faster Pacioretty so he commits interference by checking him to the board... only it's the wrong place and it turns ugly.
    People overeacted in Montreal imo due to the history between those 2. In early January, Pacioretty scored an overtime winner against Boston and then taunted Chara as he was celebrating. Chara wasn't happy about it and I think a lot of people saw this check as a revenge for it thus assuming it was intentional.
    Usually, people infracted goes with the "in the heat of the action you don' have time to think twice" and etc. And I believe Rome just saw a good opportunity for a body check and it ended up like this.
    But to think that Chara lined up Pax with the wall intentionally because he was still mad about the taunt from 2 months ago ? That's a bit over the top. It's not dirty nor intentionnal, just a hockey play and didn't deserve a suspension.

I was expecting to be a totally homerish on this, but it turns out I don't have to. Both look like dirty plays and all but the horton hit looks much harder and much more blatant. Honestly, it's not very close.

Wow hockey fans are scary. I came here out of boredom and this was at the top of the forum. I guess hockey fans in Canada would be comparable to soccer fans in Europe. I'm gonna stick with volleyball and tennis =D