Not surprised that Martin was fired although the timing seems kinda mean (Merry Christmas...YOU'RE FIRED!). Saw this one coming for a while. Habs fans got an early christmas gift. I doubt it will help though...Gauthier should have been the one who was fired.

Worst penalty killing in the league, coming off the tracks of late, against the best PP in the league in Vancouver? This one could get ugly. Come on Jonas...hold the fort! Go Leafs Go!

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Boo. I hate it when they don't cover these sweet afternoon games
    Yeah... at least there's Diablo III beta though!
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Zigomanis has had his opportunities to make the team, but he has failed to really make much of an impact. Dupuis wasn't the core of the problems last night, it was everyone. The lack of commitment to blocking shots and taking your man rather were the issues. If they stopped chasing the puck and blocked shots plus covered guys, they would have less issues.

the guy is a solid centre, and is good on the pk, doesn't matter to me if he had his chance.. i mean you need those type of guys, look at gary valk and alyn mccauley, there whole game was the PK and faceoffs
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2011-12-17 at 10:51 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, what's with Ottawa and wanting other teams flop 1st round picks, first Filatov (who left to go play for CSK Moscow last week). Mind you, Turris was never expected to be sensational, but he didn't really get the players around him to make him better.

15+ Year Old Account
    What bums me out most about last nights game with the Sabres was the terrible PK. I just don't know what to say about it. It's not just bad or struggling, it's consistently bad and costing games. When you have a fairly solid game in so many other places it's very frustrating.

Oh, and who else thinks Reimer has been shit since he came back? Gustavsson was doing great up until Reim came back. Now I guess they're using him because he's the #1 choice. Then again Leafs have used 4-5 goalies in the last year, nothing should be set in stone. I'd like to see Gustavsson in net tonight and get a win. Maybe it will light a fire under Reimer.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    PK wouldn't have been an issue if those retarded refs hadn't of thrown our guys in the box for stupid shit that shouldn't have been called in the first place, yet Buffalo's players diving, cross checking, interfering on the play and holding the stick got ignored on several occasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a goal by bozak

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol the Hot Stove is a laugh, Mike Milbury is gone. But the Habs organization doesn't like the fact that Cunneyworth doesn't speak French. Seriously, get with the times you Quebec wankers, this is 2011, if you want a French speaking coach then you are going to be shit outta luck and no one is going to want to coach the team if you are going to force the coach to speak French on a team with mainly European and Canadian players who can speak English.

At least the refs didn't fuck us out of two points tonight; Vancouver was just the better team.

And as I posted Kessel scores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good bounce back after those losses to CBJ and Carolina. Both goalies were great in the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such a great game by the Avs, and real fast pace provided by the Caps.
    That's 5 straight at home, hope we can make it 6 against a struggling Philly team.

You guys should relaly watch our first goal though, from the blue line in the corner. Floated one by Neuvirth, prolly just didn't expect a shot to be thought of from there let alone on goal and top corner.
    Also, McLeod almost pulled a Gordy Howe. Just missed out on the assist.

15+ Year Old Account
    someone forgot to tell the Kings that c lowning around against Detroit is not a good tactic, hell there own paper said that the defense thought it was a circus.

4PM games are the worst, but thankfully someone recorded this:

Hilarious.
    I remember it all too well

Rangers scoring with about 0.07 seconds left. Insane; especially since that's the second time it's happened this year. With the way Richards has been played lately, it makes me even more disappointed we didn't get him. Richards/Kessel/Lupul would have been a freaking All Star line (not that Bozak hasn't been playing 1st line worthy this year, I just wouldn't consider him an All Star calibre player).

Okay okay hold up, Ima let you all finish but first I just want to say.... What the fuck is up with this "Boston Conspiracy"? This is ridiculous, does half the of the leagues fans really believe in this shit? Read these comments under this article and see how insane/Jealous some of your teams fans sound http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382829.

This is the first I've heard of the conspiracy, its idiotic. I feel like half the NHL fans are trolling me IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a bunch of dipshits who are mad that there was no suspension even though there shouldn't have been. In fact I think $2,500 is a little steep even. I don't even like Boston, but this is just nonsense.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Rangers scoring with about 0.07 seconds left. Insane; especially since that's the second time it's happened this year. With the way Richards has been played lately, it makes me even more disappointed we didn't get him. Richards/Kessel/Lupul would have been a freaking All Star line (not that Bozak hasn't been playing 1st line worthy this year, I just wouldn't consider him an All Star calibre player).
    Nah, I don't want a player who is going to financially handcuff a team and so far has proven to not be worth his contract in New York. He should have by now scored 20 goals to be worth his contract, but seeing as how he is still not even close to being a league leader makes me think that 6.5 million or whatever the value was of his contract, is horribly overpriced.

Edit: I like what Shanny had to say about the boarding hit by Phaneuf on Friday night, it was a legitimate call and I am glad he didn't deal out further fines or suspensions.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-12-18 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Okay okay hold up, Ima let you all finish but first I just want to say.... What the fuck is up with this "Boston Conspiracy"? This is ridiculous, does half the of the leagues fans really believe in this shit? Read these comments under this article and see how insane/Jealous some of your teams fans sound http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382829.

This is the first I've heard of the conspiracy, its idiotic. I feel like half the NHL fans are trolling me IRL.
    Same shit, different season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks!!! cant wait for the next 24/7

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i will pretend i didn't see this comment.
    Eh. Sorry about that dude. Reading back it probably was inappropriate. Blame it on the sauce and a slightly bitter evening. I didn't mean it man, again sorry to you and all upset by it.

Anyways. Been a really busy last couple days or even weeks for me. Still no sign of letting up. Still managed to watch my leafs lose yet again to the Canucks.. would have been a nice victory, but again. 30-35mins of good hockey doesn't cut it against some of the best. /sigh.

Real bummer about Pronger. I read concussion symptoms and was sad, but apparently he's really struggling with dizzyness and speech. It might be career ending, idk. I really hope not. With all the new rules and equipment, you think we would see less of this. I don't want Hockey to totally become a pussy sport with no contact, but something has to be done for these kids 23-25 years old with major brain trauma. It's very sad when they're so talented.