Quote Originally Posted by Smegoff View Post
    I disagree with this. The Cardinals have always had loyal fans, And the blues have always had good core fans that supported them through the really bad times. The rams on the other hand do have bandwagon fans. 2 out of 3 ain't bad
    The Cards do have a loyal fan base, i won't diagree. But, they were calling for Larussa's head mid-season, and a lot of people were hoping that it was his last year. Then came the WS win, and those same people, who hated Larussa, all of a sudden loved him, and were crying he retired. i agree winning does cure everything, but cmon.

As far as blues fans, the past few years i couldn't even find a blues fan, now everyone and thier mom is a blues fan. A couple i know for fact were " die hard insert random team here" Until this year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am enjoying the Preds strategy over the last couple minutes. Every time the puck gets near Smith two Preds fall right on top of him or push Yotes players onto him and into the net.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I am enjoying the Preds strategy over the last couple minutes. Every time the puck gets near Smith two Preds fall right on top of him or push Yotes players onto him and into the net.
    Bettman must just about be jizzing his pants by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I can accept a world where the Yotes are one game from the Western Finals.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 10:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Bettman must just about be jizzing his pants by now.
    He probably has a big chart in his office that has the projected Yotes financial losses on it and how much each playoff game will net them to move back toward the black. Every game is getting closer to breaking even and he could not be more gleeful.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-05 at 02:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with this. The Cardinals have always had loyal fans, And the blues have always had good core fans that supported them through the really bad times. The rams on the other hand do have bandwagon fans. 2 out of 3 ain't bad
    yeah there whole sub 60% attendance back in the 05-06 and 06-07 speaks VOLUMES about a solid Core fan base. >.>

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 10:39 PM ----------

I don't know if I can accept a world where the Yotes are one game from the Western Finals.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 10:12 PM ----------

He probably has a big chart in his office that has the projected Yotes financial losses on it and how much each playoff game will net them to move back toward the black. Every game is getting closer to breaking even and he could not be more gleeful.
    id say to pray for a miracle but the Yotes are 1 game from the WCF...thats a Miracle in itself.

Ridiculously mad props to Nashville on keeping Radulov and Kos out again tonight in the name of team chemistry.
    And we played pretty well, we just couldn't put the dang puck in the net. What makes it worse is that NBC is loving all over Smith and had we not missed wide open nets they would be talking about whats wrong with him. Fisher had 2-3 chances, Hornquist missed 5-6, and Smith didn't touch a single one of those pucks he wasn't playing all that great. Score should of been 4-1

Also I'm pretty sure most of the Preds wanna take the rule about " intending to blow the whistle" and shove it up someones back side, cost us 3 goals in this series.

Also its rather funny to read the Rads/AK stuff, prior to game 3 99% of the posts were about keeping the same line up should we win would be a good move. Now that we lost game 4 everyone is coming out of the wood work saying they thought at least Rads should play because he would probably be hungry. Whatever, dude hasn't been hungry since the Detroit series ended and in fact has been down right awful in this one.

And of course now all the haters for Trotz ( not real sure how you blame this series on him), and ownership ( not sure how you blame them either), and certain players are getting going. Don't know whether to laugh or cray because most of it is stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure most of the Preds wanna take the rule about " intending to blow the whistle" and shove it up someones back side, cost us 3 goals in this series.
    Trust me man, it isn't Preds fans that want to talk about that rule, it is EVERYONE. Intent to blow has cost the Wings countless huge goals in the playoffs. It is the most absurd and stupid rule in hockey. With Intent to Blow on the books, no one knows when a play ends except the ref. Play should end when the whistle is blown, not before, not after. When reviewing a goal there isn't an audio of the ref thinking play dead, you have to go by the whistle. Put your hand next to your mouth in situations like that so you don't have to bring your hand up from your hip. Or better yet, get rid of the freaking old school whistles and give the refs some type of buzzer with a button on it. They push the button and either the button emits a whistle or it comes out of a speaker at each blue line. The wave transmission to the speakers is likely faster than the ability to lift your hand and then you can get rid of the intent with less potential impact.

Also, the goal waved off yesterday shouldn't have been a goal anyways. It shouldn't have been blown dead, but I don't remember seeing a replay where the puck crossed the line completely and Smith was clearly pushed into the net.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And of course now all the haters for Trotz ( not real sure how you blame this series on him), and ownership ( not sure how you blame them either), and certain players are getting going. Don't know whether to laugh or cray because most of it is stupid.
    Anyone who hates on Trotz is a fucking moron. The Preds have been a competitive team for years while spending next to nothing. They finally loosened the purse strings slightly this year in tune to being the SEVENTH cheapest team in the NHL, a full $4,006,311 over the cap floor, and the Preds made it to the second round and could still make the WCF. None of the trades or Radulov matter to their spending at all since they are all expiring contracts that they had to pay next to nothing for over the last third of the season.

Trust me man, it isn't Preds fans that want to talk about that rule, it is EVERYONE. Intent to blow has cost the Wings countless huge goals in the playoffs. It is the most absurd and stupid rule in hockey. With Intent to Blow on the books, no one knows when a play ends except the ref. Play should end when the whistle is blown, not before, not after. When reviewing a goal there isn't an audio of the ref thinking play dead, you have to go by the whistle. Put your hand next to your mouth in situations like that so you don't have to bring your hand up from your hip. Or better yet, get rid of the freaking old school whistles and give the refs some type of buzzer with a button on it. They push the button and either the button emits a whistle or it comes out of a speaker at each blue line. The wave transmission to the speakers is likely faster than the ability to lift your hand and then you can get rid of the intent with less potential impact.

Also, the goal waved off yesterday shouldn't have been a goal anyways. It shouldn't have been blown dead, but I don't remember seeing a replay where the puck crossed the line completely and Smith was clearly pushed into the net.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 07:43 AM ----------

Anyone who hates on Trotz is a fucking moron. The Preds have been a competitive team for years while spending next to nothing. They finally loosened the purse strings slightly this year in tune to being the SEVENTH cheapest team in the NHL, a full $4,006,311 over the cap floor, and the Preds made it to the second round and could still make the WCF. None of the trades or Radulov matter to their spending at all since they are all expiring contracts that they had to pay next to nothing for over the last third of the season.
    The questionable call might should of been blown dead, but hell at least that is reviewable. You know if you review something and overturn it, or make a call and it can't be I'm cool with that. Having a play end because the damn officials are always out of place ( thus blowing the whistle to quick) or the guy mentally did something but didn't actually do it are horrible. Doesn't help that officiating has been horrid all season long.

You know in years past I might could of blamed Trotz for some of the losses, not on this series though. This one has clearly been lost so far because of the players. He can't defend or shoot the puck for everyone, and he can't make grown men sit the bottle down and go to bed.

Apparently the rumor picking up steam atm is that Trotz didn't play AK or Rads because the leadership asked him not to play them the rest of the playoffs. Now I'm not sure I buy that, and I'm not real sure how anyone get that kind of info ( apparently was said on HNIC) but I can't really blame the rest of the players if that statement was made to Trotz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks. I've put the chat up early today for today's noon game. There's a good chance I'll be afk for much if not all of it. Brilliant idea putting the only Saturday game on at noon. People really must have nothing to do huh?

Anyways, here's the chat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Enjoy! I'll pop in if I'm around the computer. I don't expect many people to be even awake though

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hey folks. I've put the chat up early today for today's noon game. There's a good chance I'll be afk for much if not all of it. Brilliant idea putting the only Saturday game on at noon. People really must have nothing to do huh?

Anyways, here's the chat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Enjoy! I'll pop in if I'm around the computer. I don't expect many people to be even awake though
    I know right. <_<
    And the one day they don't put a 10:00 game is on a Friday night. Retard scheduling pisses me off.

Rangers (exception Lundqvest) are looking like shit right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    The refs are really doing a bang up job the last couple minutes. Callahan is tripped by Laich which directly leads to a goal. Thirty seconds later Hendricks is high sticked by a Ranger with a ref looking right at him and there is no call. Now Kunble knocks the puck over the glass and there isn't a call. Now a missed icing that even McGuire noticed.

[QUOTE=marcelos11;16698644]yeah there whole sub 60% attendance back in the 05-06 and 06-07 speaks VOLUMES about a solid Core fan base. >.>[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 10:39 PM ----------

That was after the lockout in 2005. I am sure several teams suffered attendance losses at that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was after the lockout in 2005. I am sure several teams suffered attendance losses at that time.
    From 2003-04 to 2005-06, about 15 teams had significant attendance changes:
    Attendance Gains:
    Pittsburgh 3,927
    Carolina 3,266
    Calgary 2,710
    Tampa Bay 2,689
    Ottawa 1,716
    Buffalo 1,596
    Nashville 1,271
    Boston 1,078
    San Jose 996
    Montreal 718

Losses:
    Washington -815
    New Jersey -829
    Edmonton -845
    Ny Islanders -1,084
    St Louis -4,347

The Blues shed more attendance after the lockout than anyone else by a mile. I don't remember there being any significant changes to their max attendance from removing seats or anything. Pittsburgh blew up, St Louis imploded. Year after that St Louis shed another 2,000 fans per game down to just above 12,000. Thankfully the Blues recovered big time though.

Deleted
    Glad Caps won today.

Also, if Caps and Kings meet in finals, will LA get the advantage of extra home game for finishing regular season with 3 more points then Washington or are Caps getting the home advantage for being "higher" seeded team in Eastern Conference? Never really looked into this properly, so am interested how it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post
    Glad Caps won today.

Also, if Caps and Kings meet in finals, will LA get the advantage of extra home game for finishing regular season with 3 more points then Washington or are Caps getting the home advantage for being "higher" seeded team in Eastern Conference? Never really looked into this properly, so am interested how it works.
    Home ice in the finals is decided by the winner of the All Star game.

Oh wait that is the MLB lol. It is higher points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Home ice in the finals is decided by the winner of the All Star game.

Oh wait that is the MLB lol. It is higher points.
    Wasn't there a MLB All Star game that ended in a draw a few years ago? Where did they do home field then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Wasn't there a MLB All Star game that ended in a draw a few years ago? Where did they do home field then?
    The All Star game determining home field started in 2003. The tie game was in 2002. They would probably just alternate from who had home field the prior year if there was another tie.

Baseball should break ties with a home run hitting contest. Each team picks three guys. They each get to hit home runs until they record an "out" according to the Home Run Derby rules. The team with the most combined HRs after those three guys wins the game. That is of course after they play one inning (the 10th) of normal baseball but they play it with only 8 guys in the field and you can pick which position to eliminate.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-06 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally got to see some of a game today, just enough to see Backstrom with a great shift leading up to a goal, and Ovechkin leaving his feet on a charge for about the thousandth time

15+ Year Old Account
    Blues and Kings tied 1-1 right now. Kings looking to finish the series with a sweep.

Really looking forward to the NJ/Philly game tonight. Hopefully my devils can pick up another game.

Hockey chat is up as usual. http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey
    I'll be around for the 7:30 game but I'm busy around the house right now. Hope to see you there.

Deleted
    Nice sweep by Kings even when they looked weak in second and major part of third period... But then again, one of the traits top teams have is winning even when they aren't playing their best hockey.