Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who says that he is amazing at all lol? I'm pretty sure it's widely known that as Fluery goes, the Pens go. He is by far their weak point, if they had spent some money on a real goalie instead of all these players, they could actually dominate playoffs. He's a very hot and cold goalie, and when he is cold he is FREEZING cold. I think they overlooked the Islanders a bit because they're hanging with them and controlling the pace of the game at different points. I like this series though and I really like the Islanders so far. Tavaras is a beast, hopefully Snow can build on this.

Talk about a terrible call in OT playoffs, at least from my point of view. In a game in which the Pens were practically dominated I think the Islanders deserved that game, or at least a better set of refs, but I guess getting too close to Cindy is a no-no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haptimeharry View Post
    Talk about a terrible call in OT playoffs, at least from my point of view. In a game in which the Pens were practically dominated I think the Islanders deserved that game, or at least a better set of refs, but I guess getting too close to Cindy is a no-no.
    I thought the same thing. I don't think that should have been a penalty, but when the Golden Child is involved, whistles must be blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Exactly. Nobody is saying it was an elbow to the head, but neither was Ference's. They were both basically biceps to the head. The sticking point is that the head was the principle point of contact, not whether an elbow was used or not. In both cases, the head was the principle point of contact, and so they should be equivalent punishments.
    Dion's was his shoulder while Ference's was clearly an intentional an elbow to the face when he got close to Grabovski. Something that Ference is known for already. One also has to take into account that Dion has no history of being a dirty player while Ference has a highlight reel of dirty elbows.

You really need to watch both hits again if it looks like both are biceps to the head to you. One is clearly the shoulder while the other is a viscous elbow.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Dion's was his shoulder while Ference's was clearly an intentional an elbow to the face when he got close to Grabovski. Something that Ference is known for already. One also has to take into account that Dion has no history of being a dirty player while Ference has a highlight reel of dirty elbows.

You really need to watch both hits again if it looks like both are biceps to the head to you. One is clearly the shoulder while the other is a viscous elbow.
    Ference's is not an elbow. They even make a point of not saying he's being suspended for throwing an elbow in the video. They specifically emphasize that the reason for the suspension is because the head is the principal point of contact. Oh, plus the fact that Ference has only been suspended once before in his 13 years in the league, he does not have a history of being a dirty player. Both of the hits were with the bicep area. Neither was a direct elbow. Both hits the head was the principal point of contact. Maybe you're the one who should watch them again. I'm not the only one here who thinks it warrants a one game suspension.

Edit: Just want to clarify I'm not arguing that Ference should not have been suspended for that hit. I simply feel that if Ference is going to get a suspension for his, then Phaneuf deserves an equal punishment for his.
    Last edited by Raleik; 2013-05-05 at 08:38 PM.

Min 2-1

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't find anything official from the NHL that Phaneuf is going to have a hearing, if he was going to have one it would have been announced today and scheduled for tomorrow prior to the game. The insinuation seems to be coming from Bruins fans and some of the hockey media. We will see if it happens I guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Minnesota lead defense is disgusting to watch lol. Also Phaneuf won't get suspended, he's a captain and Shannahan is too afraid to pull the trigger on star players especially in the playoffs. Wheel of justice + no injury + captain/star(ish) player.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-05 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well I can't find anything official from the NHL that Phaneuf is going to have a hearing, if he was going to have one it would have been announced today and scheduled for tomorrow prior to the game. The insinuation seems to be coming from Bruins fans and some of the hockey media. We will see if it happens I guess.
    http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...hit-on-paille/

He will not face any discipline for the hit. I still believe he should, but oh well. Can't really expect a ton of consistency from the NHL in terms of suspensions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Refs putting the whistles away for the end of this Hawks/Wild game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks playing like poop this game, but I still think we can win it. Also the OT penalty in the Pens/Isles game was laughable! Of COURSE any time someone FARTS on Crosby it's a penalty.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 04:55 PM ----------

BAM!!! What did I just say? Lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just scary when the Blackhawks turn it on like that, they've been in Minnesota's zone for almost all of the last 10 mins of this period.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Have the Wings ever lost a game without you whining about the Refs? Ever? I mean come ON, don't you get tired of this shit? It's the same narrative after every single game: The honorable Wings players can't get a skate on the ice without getting a game misconduct whilst the vile opponent could bring chainsaws and the Refs wouldn't think about calling. After every game. Every one.

Please for the love of god stop that and eat a loss like a man for once.
    did i say they lost the game because of the refs? no, i said its hard for the fanbase to stay in teh game when a terrible call like that is made. 5 minute major. game misconduct, for a hit that wasn't even called a penalty until a minimum of 30 seconds AFTER the hit, with a ref sitting there watching the hit.
    Abs didn't leave his feet until after the hit and momentum caused him to leave his feet. the player had his head down, thats why he got him in the head.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crawford dropped the ball on that one. Oh well, I'm cheerin' for a long series!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey so lets show up for more than 10 minutes on Tuesday...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I'm not really sure on what planet that hit is clean. Even if you want to argue that he didn't target the head (which it looks like he did), both skates clearly leave the ice as he launches himself. It's clear as day.
    so if his skates leave the ice as he "launches himself" let me ask you this. why were his knees bent the entire time? he leaves his feet because of the momentum change due to the hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    did i say they lost the game because of the refs? no, i said its hard for the fanbase to stay in teh game when a terrible call like that is made. 5 minute major. game misconduct, for a hit that wasn't even called a penalty until a minimum of 30 seconds AFTER the hit, with a ref sitting there watching the hit.
    Abs didn't leave his feet until after the hit and momentum caused him to leave his feet. the player had his head down, thats why he got him in the head.
    Why was joe louis arena only 85 % filled in a play-off game(from start)? Sad support in my opinion. Maybe it's time to move the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Why was joe louis arena only 85 % filled in a play-off game(from start)? Sad support in my opinion. Maybe it's time to move the franchise.
    Listen, I dislike the Red Wings as much as anyone, but you need to come up with a new comment. That's like the third time you've tried to bait him with that comment.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you seeing 85% attendance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    I rewatched the hit at least a dozen times and I'm more and more sure that that is absolutely, positively NOT a clean hit. Correct call. That is charging with an added dish of blind side, Abdelkader leaves his feet before he hits. The second a Wing eats a similar hit I bet my ass you'd say the same.

Even if it's not, is a 5 minute major now an excuse for fans to stop cheering for the home team? During the freaking playoffs? Against a 2-seed? Might it be that the Wings needed them more than ever? Did the fan base get so complacent?
    A few weeks ago I was at a test match Germany - Sweden for the IIHF world championship (I'm german by the way). We got our doors blown off and trailed 6:0 after the first period (final was 8:0). Did it stop the fans from cheering for the team? No.

Considering what's at stake in the NHL playoffs I fully expect fans of the home team to fire up their team no matter what happens. Especially if it's one single penalty that was most probably a correct call.