10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to tonight's game. Schneider's back in town.

Woah Flyers... don't go using all of your offense for the month in one game now. TWO goals? Shit's crazy.

holy fucking fucks of the fucking fuck to the 4th fucking power, this hertl kid...

if hertl keeps playing like this and the sharks by some miraculous miracle take the cup out of no where this year... all god damn credit better go to this kid.

i mean it. seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    So being a Sharks fan, I can safely say that Hertl is well on his way to being one of my favorite players. Jesus. Him only being 19 and doing so well makes me feel horrible about myself.

Deleted
    Hertl and sharks crushed rangers today Was it dominance by Sharks or a collapse by rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Hertl and sharks crushed rangers today Was it dominance by Sharks or a collapse by rangers?
    honestly, i'd say it's mostly coming into this game tired.

Av's totally deserved the win tonight, too many turn over's by the younger guys and Ranger.. he may need to go down to the minor's in all honesty. Reilly needs to do his 9 games and possibly head down as well, quite frankly the team needs to tighten up. One of the best 9 forward group's out there but the defense is kinda shabby at this point.

And DAMN San Jose, they destroyed the Rangers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateista View Post
    honestly, i'd say it's mostly coming into this game tired.
    Aah okay.. Holy crap Hertl's 4th goal was so beutiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Aah okay.. Holy crap Hertl's 4th goal was so beutiful!
    well, the rangers have been on the road a long time, and just came from a big game vs the kings. so i completely understand them being tired.

... but yeah, that 4th goal is the buzz right now. and i would love to know what is giving this kid so much confidence to pull off something like that in the 3rd game of his very first nhl season. (he has just as many goals as crosby and ovi combined as a rookie player)

neito did really well too with 3 points last night. sorta amazing what the young blood youth are bringing to the table this year.

you can't rule out the old timers. everyone did very well last night.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monahan scores again

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Monahan scores again
    Hopefully you guys don't blow the lead this game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Hopefully you guys don't blow the lead this game.
    Hopefully? It's going to happen and I'm not even going to be mad about it. I think. IDK I just hope this trend ends once our rebuild starts crowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hopefully? It's going to happen and I'm not even going to be mad about it. I think. IDK I just hope this trend ends once our rebuild starts crowning.
    You guys haven't lost a game in regulation yet at least.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    THE BOYS! Finally, a team doesn't get away with playing 10 mins of a game and winning vs us. Subban takes a retarded penalty with 2 mins left to seal the deal but my fuck what a nervous game. 2-0-2! Monahan 5 points so far, alls well in the rockies tonight ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that's the second game in a row that the Hawks just got out done by some great goalie work. Well it's 1-1-1 thus far so no giant mega streak this year!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay the Red Wings finally play again tonight. 3 games in 4 nights and then 5-6 nights off is stupid.

That 3 game suspension for Stuart is awful. How does he avoid hitting Nash in the head there, dropping down and going for the knees? Seemed like incidental contact and certinaly not intentional.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally got a chance to see the Kings this year where they weren't cruelly scheduled at the same time as the Dodgers

they blew a 3 goal lead but got the win in OT, they were pretty sloppy in their own zone but they were their usual grinding selves in the offensive zone, hopefully the blue line comes together a bit more and adjusts to Mitchell being back and Scuderi being gone

Leafs have only 6 in their next 16 starting today I think. Hopefully they can fix some of the glaring problems they have during some practices, or at least get on the right track. Turnovers are, once again, brutal. Kadri was playing on the 4th line for a while the other night, I imagine in no small part due to his turnovers and overall poor play.

I've watched that disgusting Hertl goal like 200 times now (in a gif). I don't even know what to say, pulling that off so effortlessly during a game (ie not in a shootout), let alone as a 19 year old rookie playing in his 3rd career game. This kid is making noise even among people who don't care much about hockey. On a related note, I would not mind at all living around San Jose if it meant going to games in an atmosphere like that. The ACC kinda blows in comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    finally got a chance to see the Kings this year where they weren't cruelly scheduled at the same time as the Dodgers

they blew a 3 goal lead but got the win in OT, they were pretty sloppy in their own zone but they were their usual grinding selves in the offensive zone, hopefully the blue line comes together a bit more and adjusts to Mitchell being back and Scuderi being gone
    Kings' D looks somewhat shaky with Scuderi gone. Penguins' D looks half decent for the first time since they won the Cup. Coincidence? Probably.. but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halak looks scary good so far... If the Av's keep playing well and if the Wild get going, me thinks the central could be a pretty scary division this season.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is with the ESPN conference standings now? Why do they skip 3? I feel like this is going to be a nightmare figuring out playoff scenarios: