Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    Wow, even when we play like crap we still had a chance against the Hawks. Definitely our worst game in awhile. Thank God for our goaltending. Anyone catch that the reffs / linesmen get in the middle of the play about 10 times tonight? I couldn't believe how many times the puck would hit their skates. That 2-0 was bad, just bad. At least it wasn't as bad as Setoguchi wiping out in a shoot out to lose it. It was a close game surprisingly considering the shots, 40-20 to Chicago. I can't wait to have Polak, MacDonald, and Dagostini back. Speed, tenacity, and stamina returning to the lineup come Saturday.
    I know the feeling. I think tonights game against Detroit will be the first time we've had the full line up available since the all star break. Surprisingly, Josi has turned into a pretty damn good defenseman very quickly, and of course Erat may be the most under rated player in the NHL. Dude has a chance to make something happen every time he is on the ice, and I think lots of people don't know it.

Hopefully everyone stays healthy these last few games and we can get the line up and chemistry set right before we hit the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Mika Kiprusoff should be in the Vezina discussion at least. I'm not asking for him to be a nominee which he won't be, but the guy really doesn't get acknowledged at all. The numbers aren't spectacular like Lunqvist's but there's other stuff to consider. The Calgary Flames are in the bottom 1/3rd of the NHL in Goals. Middle of the pack for +/- and a really unskilled team with not many positives. I know we're not in the playoffs but they're playing way over their heads and the reason is because of the goal tending. Without Kiprusoff, the Flames are probably in the position the Blue Jackets are in at the moment. As far as a goalie carrying the workload of a team, he has def. done the best job in the NHL. I know I'll get flamed for thinking that but with only 1 win from our 2 backups COMBINED, it really is the truth.
    Kipper is one of my favorite goalies ever. He is a freakin beast and I lol with my friends sometimes about how he gets no recognition. I feel a great deal of sadness knowing that he will probably never have a Stanley Cup ring, and perhaps not even another Vezina unless he gets traded to a better team.

Don't know why anyone would flame you for thinking Kipper is an awesome goalie - cause he IS!

What sucks more is that Iginla will probably never win a ring.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Well well Pekka Rinne stood on his head tonight and all the Bounces went Nashvilles way, still the wings played sloppy in the first. game was closer than the score.

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt. Iginla and Kiprusoff have shouldered a vast majority of the workload in Calgary for basically their entire careers. It's too bad that superstars like that won't ever kiss the cup. Adam Oates is another one of my all time favorites who never won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cory Schneider has been the best player on our Power Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    What sucks more is that Iginla will probably never win a ring.
    Yea, it is a sad truth.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well '04 is as close as you come, disallowed goal with 5-6 mins left in regulation in game 6 which we lost. Clearly the puck crossed the line but they didn't even take the time to look at it. I'm not sure Inginla personally cares THAT much about winning a cup. We'll see when his contract expires, if he resigns with the team it'll become clear. I feel bad for Kipper moreso, I don't think he even has a chance of winning a cup unless Flames pull off a miracle or hes traded to a team that randomly needs a stellar goalie to push them over the top for a year. Inginla still has a lot left in the tank. 32 goals this year which is quite the downgrade from even last year but its as expected. He has never really had that #1 center that can reliably get him the puck to line up that wicked 1 timer and now that hes older, its harder to do it on your own. Jarome will personally be my favourite player of all time. I love the way he plays and his leadership/dedication speaks for itself. It would bring me great joy to see him hoist the cup. I think he'd be a great asset for teams that need a veteran presence that will contribute offensively. Would be fucking awesome to see him play with Crosby continuing Olympic synergy. But, we'll see what happens in the future for #12.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the Leafs can do one thing for me.. just one thing.. it would be to beat Buffalo tonight. If they missed the playoffs it would make me smile.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If the Leafs can do one thing for me.. just one thing.. it would be to beat Buffalo tonight. If they missed the playoffs it would make me smile.
    Indeed. Otherwise, see you all at the draft. Nashville is going to be the dark horse in the playoffs this year so watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Well well Pekka Rinne stood on his head tonight and all the Bounces went Nashvilles way, still the wings played sloppy in the first. game was closer than the score.
    The stop he made on Zetterburg was just insane, and was just one of several he made on him. I have a strange feeling by the time that game was over Zetterberg was ready to cry. If Peks continues to play like that, and our defense hangs in we can definately win the cup.

TBH as long as we pull Detroit I feel pretty good about the first round. Thats not because I think we steam roll Detroit, or that I think Detroit is bad, its because its the one team I know we will come out wanting to beat. They won't come out flat, they won't over look them, and they will want it bad.

Lots of fans want that sixth seed, screw that, I hate playing Pacific Division teams, we always have a hell of a time against them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The stop he made on Zetterburg was just insane, and was just one of several he made on him. I have a strange feeling by the time that game was over Zetterberg was ready to cry. If Peks continues to play like that, and our defense hangs in we can definately win the cup.

TBH as long as we pull Detroit I feel pretty good about the first round. Thats not because I think we steam roll Detroit, or that I think Detroit is bad, its because its the one team I know we will come out wanting to beat. They won't come out flat, they won't over look them, and they will want it bad.

Lots of fans want that sixth seed, screw that, I hate playing Pacific Division teams, we always have a hell of a time against them.
    i'd rather pull Dallas or Phoenix than any other team in the playoffs =P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Let the games begin!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Toronto has going for them is their absurdly good penalty killing since February.

I have nothing against the Sabres, I'd rather see them in there than any other team they're competing with for eighth. Though, I think Washington would be more likely than them to beat New York.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I have nothing against the Sabres, I'd rather see them in there than any other team they're competing with for eighth. Though, I think Washington would be more likely than them to beat New York.
    Washington couldn't beat a dead horse, let alone the Rangers. They'd play the trap and shut down Washington with superior goaltending, better defence and protecting their leads. They may not have the best guns in the league, but the Rangers are a better team with Brad Richards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    Let the games begin!
    Indeed!

Good game. Scrivens kept his cool which was good to see. I like Washington too so I hope they make it to the playoffs. Rangers/Washington series would be fun to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big 2 points for us tonight. I was shitting when they came back from 4-0 and tied it, but that's Crawford for ya I guess. On another note - I really hate Radulov's face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to hell, Buffalo.

What's up with St. Louis losing to Columbus? Best in the West loses to worst in the West - and the entire league!
    The Canucks are poised to take the lead, tied with NYR for top in the league. They have a few easy games ahead of them, with Edmonton and Calgary (twice) not being playoff-making teams.

Early prediction: Canucks take their 2nd straight President's trophy.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2012-04-01 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

Early prediction: Canucks take their 2nd straight President's trophy.
    I would have told you that at the start of the season.