Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Felt like it should have been Rask > Crawford >Chara > Krecji > Bergeron maybe Kane after those guys for the MVP if you base play over the entire playoffs.
    Chara? The fuck? Chicago absolutely pulled him apart the past few games. He was on the ice for(I think) 10 of the last 12 Chicago goals.

Congrats Hawks fan you deserved it i cant believe the choke job by Rask and the Bruins at the end looks like Tim Thomas is still the man in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Chara? The fuck? Chicago absolutely pulled him apart the past few games. He was on the ice for(I think) 10 of the last 12 Chicago goals.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conn_Smythe_Trophy

Unlike the playoff MVP awards presented in the other major professional sports leagues of the United States and Canada (the Super Bowl MVP, the NBA Finals MVP, and the World Series MVP), the Conn Smythe is based on the entire NHL postseason instead of just the championship game or series.
    The entire NHL postseason. Not "the last three of six games in the finals".
    Edit: Where we might find out he was injured, in which case (except the 6-5 game) he was still unbelievable defensively.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-06-25 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    EDIT Mod warning keep it clean.. Let's go HAWKS!! My boy Toews with the tying goal. Feeling good!!!!
    Mod warning keep it clean? What the fuck are you talking about? I'm as clean as anybody. You can fuck right off you fucking faggot. Ban me if you want, you think I give a fuck about these fucking nerd forums? I wouldn't even come to this website if it weren't for the NHL thread. Suck my fucking dick bitch. HAWKS WIN

HAWKS WIN
    HAWKS WIN
    HAWKS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-06-25 at 03:32 AM.

Hearing reports that we traded Gunnarson and some picks for Edmonton's 7th overall. Also heard we resigned Bozak. Not sure how reliable.

pretty much the coolest last 1:20 ive seen in any professional game in a long time. red wings fan here, had to cheer on the hawks to validate my own sorrows o.0 congrats to chicago...gonna miss the rivalry.

oh...and i wouldve given the conn smythe to crawford

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    pretty much the coolest last 1:20 ive seen in any professional game in a long time. red wings fan here, had to cheer on the hawks to validate my own sorrows o.0 congrats to chicago...gonna miss the rivalry.

oh...and i wouldve given the conn smythe to crawford
    Must say, it does feel a bit like poetic justice (as a Leafs fan) seeing Boston get scored on twice in the last minute and a half even if it wasn't game seven. :P

Typical Boston choke job. Hopefully we can get rid of some of the dead weight on this team in the next few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Congrats Hawks fan you deserved it i cant believe the choke job by Rask and the Bruins at the end looks like Tim Thomas is still the man in Boston
    What? Those were total 110% defensive breakdowns. Rask might have been able to stop them if he was lucky.

Felt like it should have been Rask > Crawford > Chara > Krecji > Bergeron maybe Kane after those guys for the MVP if you base play over the entire playoffs.
    I feel even Lundqvist deserved it more than Kane...

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Mod warning keep it clean? What the fuck are you talking about? I'm as clean as anybody. You can fuck right off you fucking faggot. Ban me if you want, you think I give a fuck about these fucking nerd forums? I wouldn't even come to this website if it weren't for the NHL thread. Suck my fucking dick bitch. HAWKS WIN
    gfys
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Chicago. definately makes me feel better about losing to you now, especially since Detroit was the only team to take you to 7 games!

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Typical Boston choke job. Hopefully we can get rid of some of the dead weight on this team in the next few years.
    Dead weight? You have, arguably, the deepest team in the league right now. Honestly, the only ones who came close to dead weight were Jagr, Redden, and Khudobin... Jagr may not have scored a lot of goals, but he definitely set up a decent amount; Redden was a difference maker against the Leafs, if you look back, but I'd agree that you should get rid of him. Next most useless during the playoffs would be Seguin or Dougavins? I don't think cutting either of them is in your best interest... I'm really trying to figure out what pieces you're complaining about. Hell, Kaberle was more useless in 2011 than anyone on your team right now, including Khudobin.

I thought for sure it was going to go to game 7, not a fan of either team but great series and one of the best playoff years overall in a long time.

Loved seeing the Islanders back in the playoffs, Jagr back in the finals (even though he didnt score he set up some beauties).

Hope Jagr gets resigned (i believe he only had a 1 year deal) to another team, love watching him play, even if he does appear iceberg slow at times.

Next season should be amazing, finally a full season and with the league re-alignment it should be one of the most unpredictable seasons to date.

Now we see if Colorado is just baiting teams hoping to trade the #1 pick, where Luongo ends up, and what will happen with the Oilers in the off season under Craig Mactavish, I wonder how he will relate with Dallas Eakins.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 07:47 PM ----------

Dead weight? You have, arguably, the deepest team in the league right now. Honestly, the only ones who came close to dead weight were Jagr, Redden, and Khudobin... Jagr may not have scored a lot of goals, but he definitely set up a decent amount; Redden was a difference maker against the Leafs, if you look back, but I'd agree that you should get rid of him. Next most useless during the playoffs would be Seguin or Dougavins? I don't think cutting either of them is in your best interest... I'm really trying to figure out what pieces you're complaining about. Hell, Kaberle was more useless in 2011 than anyone on your team right now, including Khudobin.
    I have to strongly disagree that Seguin is useless. And Daugavins or however he spells his name was just fresh, he did better than Soderbergh imo.

Seguin had a lot of energy and was always valuable, and set up a lot of great goals. He is really a good overall player and I would have picked him over Hall if I was the Oilers, he'd fit in a lot better on a team in the top 2 lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I thought for sure it was going to go to game 7, not a fan of either team but great series and one of the best playoff years overall in a long time.

Loved seeing the Islanders back in the playoffs, Jagr back in the finals (even though he didnt score he set up some beauties).

Hope Jagr gets resigned (i believe he only had a 1 year deal) to another team, love watching him play, even if he does appear iceberg slow at times.

Next season should be amazing, finally a full season and with the league re-alignment it should be one of the most unpredictable seasons to date.

Now we see if Colorado is just baiting teams hoping to trade the #1 pick, where Luongo ends up, and what will happen with the Oilers in the off season under Craig Mactavish, I wonder how he will relate with Dallas Eakins.
    Colorado is not giving up their first pick for anything short of Ovechkin IMO.

As for Luongo, the only teams I see going for him (and if they can't get Mike Smith or Ryan Miller as Vancouver's GM doesn't exactly understand why teams don't want to take on Luongo's contract right now) are: Buffalo (if they don't get rid of Miller), Phili (they'd have to use up their last compliance buy out), Edmonton, Florida (who likes to stay at the basement), Dallas, NJ (If Brodeur retires this year), Isles (if Thomas doesn't show up), and Phoenix (if Smith leaves). I think every other team is more comfortable enough with their goalies than the 5.3 million cap hit that comes with Luongo.

I'd also like to see Jagr play one more year, but I doubt it'll be on Boston.

Hearing reports that we traded Gunnarson and some picks for Edmonton's 7th overall. Also heard we resigned Bozak. Not sure how reliable.
    I can no find rumours. I'd be ok with trading Gunnarsson and some picks for 7th... and a player. Giving up picks and a player (RFA but still) for a 7th? Seems crazy pricey.

Lucic, for starters. Jagr is simply a step behind his former self, surrounded by players that don't know what to expect from him as far as passes go. His style doesn't seem to fit this team, I'll be surprised if he's back anyhow, honestly.

Bruins are a team that has extremely solid defense, and horrendously predictable offense that simply lacks the skill to actually finish consistently.... sort of a slightly less underachieving version of the Rangers. All the tremendously open nets that have been missed in this series should drive that point home. Most of the time, we play a game where no one actually drives to the net, instead opting to pass back to the point for a shot that gives the defending team all day to setup a block. (how many 1 timers have you seen this team pull off, or even try?).

It's amazing that they even got as far as they did this year, frankly. To watch them mail it in for the last 2 games, I'd rather have seen the Leafs knock them out in the first round.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks have had the deepest team in the league all year. Fitting that the 4th line gets the Stanley Cup winning goal as a capper.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Lucic, for starters. Jagr is simply a step behind his former self, surrounded by players that don't know what to expect from him as far as passes go. His style doesn't seem to fit this team, I'll be surprised if he's back anyhow, honestly.

Bruins are a team that has extremely solid defense, and horrendously predictable offense that simply lacks the skill to actually finish consistently.... sort of a slightly less underachieving version of the Rangers. All the tremendously open nets that have been missed in this series should drive that point home. Most of the time, we play a game where no one actually drives to the net, instead opting to pass back to the point for a shot that gives the defending team all day to setup a block. (how many 1 timers have you seen this team pull off, or even try?).

It's amazing that they even got as far as they did this year, frankly. To watch them mail it in for the last 2 games, I'd rather have seen the Leafs knock them out in the first round.
    Lucic? Are you kidding?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lucic..dead weight? What? I hope that's not what you just said. +12 and a major catalyst in the game 7 comeback, Lucic is the definition of Bruins hockey. If you think he's dead weight..god fuck you, I would KILL to have a player like Lucic let alone have my team go to the finals twice in 3 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    God what an amazing end to an amazing year! This series was amazing and I called it right with Hawks in 6!!!! FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bruins for one of the best Cup Final series a fan could hope for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere Bergevin is plotting to take Bickell away from me... YOU CANT HAVE HIM!!!!

p.s Union Park Lounge is a special place