10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah but why in the actual fuck are we paying him 6.25 million per year?
    Well at least they didn't include a full no-movement clause, oh wait, they did.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yeah, I imagine if anyone is going to be stuck with a contract he doesn't want it's Lou.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That makes it even worse! It might have been the only way to get the deal done, but Lou should know better than to handcuff himself like that.

Edit: Not sure why the Habs let Radulov walk when they need more scoring.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-07-03 at 06:29 PM.

I don't think they wanted to give him that much term, and frankly I don't blame them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Term and Radulov are not great together. Considering he will pick his shit up and leave at any time.

They way Scotty Mac and Dave Feschuk saw it was the Leafs were bringing in great talent who obviously wants to win a ring. A lot of other teams are handicapping themselves with ridiculous contracts. The term is only 3 years and financial is great. You've got some players who are coming off their current contracts soon that might end up elsewhere or Sweet Lou is going to be "You're going to take less money to play here now". So financially it makes sense. Nylander is after next season, Marner and Matthews the season after that one. So they got time before they will need to pay.

I thought I was having nightmares that Montreal decided they were turning into a team that doesn't want to fix their problems. Turns out it wasn't and it is terrifying.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe guys just don't like playing in Canada. Why not go play in Dallas where no one gives a flying fuck about hockey.

Think it's more about less taxes and not being harassed every time going to a store or restaurant.

McDavid gets 12.5x8. Just bonkers imo but I'm assuming most would disagree.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    McDavid gets 12.5x8. Just bonkers imo but I'm assuming most would disagree.
    Better than 14 million a year. Matthews should be somewhere around there too, that pretty well sets the standard and there is no way Eichel gets beyond 10 million unless he breaks 100 points this year.

Leafs extend Buster Hyman for 4 years, total value of 9 million, so that's basically a depth signing and points to Zach playing on the 3rd line this year. Not a bad thing considering how hard he works.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a guy like Radulov. Money and not having to pay taxes is the biggest selling point.

But, people don't like Edmonton and Winnipeg because it is too cold. Don't like Toronto because of the overly retarded media. Don't like Montreal because of the pressure of the greats. Seriously they have their own panel show and are highly critical. Although most French Canadians want to play for the Habs at some point.

That leaves Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver as best places to be for the Canadian market.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto media isn't as bad now as they used to be. Now that they have some young high end talent for once, the media aren't just using the team as a punching bag. It's too bad no one has sacked that fuckwit Steve Simmons yet, but most of the media now are tolerable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Leafs extend Buster Hyman for 4 years, total value of 9 million,
    Hold on.

Whoever that is, that can't be his real name?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hold on.

Whoever that is, that can't be his real name?
    No, it's my nickname for Zach Hyman.

I still don't know who he is lol

Zach Hyman, guy playing with Auston Matthews all season long and our top PK guy. Babcock loves him for way he can get puck from corners and had a hard on with him playing with Larkin a while back and feeding Larkin the puck all the time. Main issue is he doesn't have much accuracy when shooting right in front of the net.

Most of our fanbase is happy to have him but just want Matthews playing with guys who could finish plays better.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-07-07 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zach Hyman with the Stormtrooper like killer instinct.

This time of year when there is jack and squat for hockey, I cry a little inside.

Well.. Mike Fisher retired, so there ya go ;o

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Well.. Mike Fisher retired, so there ya go ;o
    Really kind of surprised, I really thought after last season he would give it one more year. I think that concussion in the playoffs made him decide it wasn't worth it.

I wish him the best. I expect Josi or Ellis to be the new Captain.

Edmonton throwing out some money. Frankly I think it's going to leave them stunted in a couple of years due to cap issues.