What an outstanding story for the NBA to see so many deserving players get their title. Cavs fans can finally go..'oh wait..you mean it wasn't us, it was him all along', and who would've thought that so many of us would be cheering for Mark Cuban.

Tonight we dine in hell.

We will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions.

There will be blood.

go canucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    Tonight we dine in hell.
    Lol, me and a friend at work were making a bunch of '300' references last night towards the Cup.

"This! Is! Lord Stanley!!!"
    "Tonight, we dine in Boston!"
    "Our fans shall blot out the stands!" "Then we shall fight on the ice."
    "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. I'm not your Captain."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    well mike milbury did build the sens.. when he was with the islanders, no one cares what he says =)
    And look at how shit the Sens are now, Brian Murray fucked that team up royally. Spezza is one of the most overrated forwards in the NHL and should never be allowed to play for our international hockey teams. I find it amusing when people rip on the Leafs for being bad, at least we had a team that could have made the playoffs this year, whereas Ottawa didn't, not to mention we aren't paying a guy 5 million dollars a season to score 19 goals.

Ahhhh....all of Rennadrel's anger makes sense now.

Leafs fan.

I feel your pain brother, but don't hate on Van just because it's their time in the spotlight. You have hope, in that one of the main architects of this team was Brian Burke, and maybe there's some magic left in that old black hat he found. You were Canada's team once, and thanks to the Leafs, the Tragically Hip were inspired to write some kickass tunes. You'll always have that 'upper canada' old school thing going on, and tons of money to hit the cap every year.

Chin up lad.

And don't be hating on Canadian hockey teams, we're stronger together. The americans stole the Jets from Winnipeg, we're stealin' it back.

I love hating Montreal, the stinking leafs, omg hate the flames, /giggle at angry oiler fans, even lolSens piss me off, and now I get to hate the pesky Winnipeg black flies, or whatever they'll be called. But those are our bros, our posse, our family. Yeah they piss you off, and sometimes they hold you down so they can fart in your face, but when push comes to shove, no one has your back like a Canadian.

Canadians sent more soldiers per capita to WW2 than any other nation, and suffered more casualties per capita as well. Canadians were sent in to the nastiest shit first, because they knew it was most likely impossible, but if anyone had a shot it would be the Canadians.

Fuck yea i'm proud of us, because Canada isn't just made up of Canadians, but it's made up of people all over the world who want to have that same kick ass approach to life, because you know what? Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

Rennadrel, know this. I will shit on your lousy hockey team and your city's fucked up sense of entitlement til the day I die, but if any one of those sonsabitches from the US, or Abbatabad, or even goddamn Axis of Evil Iran/N.Korea/Venezuela want to take a shot at them they have to come through me first, and my god have mercy on their souls if they try.

Go Canada

Go Canucks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And look at how shit the Sens are now, Brian Murray fucked that team up royally. Spezza is one of the most overrated forwards in the NHL and should never be allowed to play for our international hockey teams. I find it amusing when people rip on the Leafs for being bad, at least we had a team that could have made the playoffs this year, whereas Ottawa didn't, not to mention we aren't paying a guy 5 million dollars a season to score 19 goals.
    Since Heater left both Spezza and Alfredsson have just been absolute garbage. It is kind of impressive that Murray still has his job in Ottawa as he has slowly stripped that team down from the contender that it once was. I can't say what kind of constraints he deals with from Melnyk, the owner, but looking at the roster for last year, no one in that organization could have thought they were competing for anything but 15th in the East. Seriously, that roster was just disgusting. You have Spezza and Alfredsson, two aging former stars who haven't been worth their weight in since Heatley left. The defense is just plain terrible after the top two spots one of which is filled by an expensive free agent acquisition. Why the hell would Murray sign a $5.5 million free agent for three season knowing full well that your team is going into rebuild mode? By the way, that defenseman is 37 and has a no movement clause. Who the hell thinks that is a good idea? Then the guy makes a fantastic trade to get a second tier starting goalie, who was great for them in the finals months of the season, in exchange for basically nothing of value and then he signs the goalie to a pretty cheap deal at $3.2/yr for 4 years.

I don't know, Ottawa is just a weird situation where the only thing they have locked up for the future that they actually want on the team is the goalie. The rest of the team is overpaid, underperforming, has beens or is a bunch of nobodies. How Ottawa competes in the next couple years for anything but the bottom of the league is beyond me. Toronto at least has some pieces that you can expect to be good in the near future to compliment their under performing, overpaid "stars" (cough Phaneuf cough).

Phaze I didn't realize that Canadians had Tea Partiers like the US. Well whatever event in Canada's history corresponds to the US's Boston Tea Party. The 1942 Stanley Cup when the Leafs came back from 3-0 on Detroit maybe. Maybe the Edmonton Oilers great teams. I just realized I know absolutely nothing about Canadian history that doesn't pertain to hockey. Yay America!
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-13 at 07:21 PM.

Haha...maybe the 1812 Canadian thumping of the American army and subsequent burning down of the white house.

Gotta give us one, but it's a doozy.

That being said i'm probably pretty left of center so I'd never make it in the T party (does the T stand for Trump, or just Terrible?), but the things I've been reading lately from our fellow Canadians had me feeling like we'd lost that lovin feeling.

"Most Hated Team in Hockey"
    "Vancouver as Canada's Team? No thanks"

Add to that the litany of hate and frustration from other Canadian Team fans, teams that I went just short of donning their colours as I cheered their improbably runs to the cup. Flames, Oilers, Sens and Habs (sorry the leafs just haven't been to the finals in my lifetime)

I adopted each and every one of those teams as one of my own bastard children, and once I saw past all their hideous flaws (genetics, of course, from being spawned from those other cities), I learned to love them, cheer for them, and ultimately, comfort them when they were left at the altar, holding broken bouquets of nachos, labbatt 50 and salsa stained jerseys.

I never jumped on their bandwagon with the expectation they would jump on mine, but maybe I had hoped it would happen. Countries like ours both share a common flaw in our great size and diversity. We are so large and different that we have grown divided, East v West, Red v Blue, Colbert v Limbaugh. When we have an opportunity, any excuse, to forge a little unity, well those might be the straws we should be grasping at.

So I wont hate the haters, and I'll keep warming seats on the bandwagon up until the very last minute. It's the Canadian way. Welcoming, proud, and acceptant of the differences of others. Another reason why i'll never make it in the Tea Party.

The good news for all of us, as I hope you've all learned down south, is that we're kind of family too. So even though we might hold you down and fart on your faces from time to time, and make fun of you for Sarah Palin, Walmart and your inability to comprehend the metric system, we still got your back, Canadian style. We're with the US in all it's rediculous wars, even though the UN said we shouldn't, and even though most of us didn't want to.

Fortress North America, fuck yeah

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    Ahhhh....all of Rennadrel's anger makes sense now.

Leafs fan.

I feel your pain brother, but don't hate on Van just because it's their time in the spotlight. You have hope, in that one of the main architects of this team was Brian Burke, and maybe there's some magic left in that old black hat he found. You were Canada's team once, and thanks to the Leafs, the Tragically Hip were inspired to write some kickass tunes. You'll always have that 'upper canada' old school thing going on, and tons of money to hit the cap every year.

Chin up lad.

And don't be hating on Canadian hockey teams, we're stronger together. The americans stole the Jets from Winnipeg, we're stealin' it back.

I love hating Montreal, the stinking leafs, omg hate the flames, /giggle at angry oiler fans, even lolSens piss me off, and now I get to hate the pesky Winnipeg black flies, or whatever they'll be called. But those are our bros, our posse, our family. Yeah they piss you off, and sometimes they hold you down so they can fart in your face, but when push comes to shove, no one has your back like a Canadian.

Canadians sent more soldiers per capita to WW2 than any other nation, and suffered more casualties per capita as well. Canadians were sent in to the nastiest shit first, because they knew it was most likely impossible, but if anyone had a shot it would be the Canadians.

Fuck yea i'm proud of us, because Canada isn't just made up of Canadians, but it's made up of people all over the world who want to have that same kick ass approach to life, because you know what? Fuck them if they can't take a joke.

Rennadrel, know this. I will shit on your lousy hockey team and your city's fucked up sense of entitlement til the day I die, but if any one of those sonsabitches from the US, or Abbatabad, or even goddamn Axis of Evil Iran/N.Korea/Venezuela want to take a shot at them they have to come through me first, and my god have mercy on their souls if they try.

Go Canada

Go Canucks
    Come back and say that when your team has won at least ONE Stanley Cup in it's history. And Vancouver loses tonight cause Luongo has been shit in TD Garden since the building went up, so have fun playing on your heels tonight and in game 7, because there is no way the Canucks are winning it tonight.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Since Heater left both Spezza and Alfredsson have just been absolute garbage. It is kind of impressive that Murray still has his job in Ottawa as he has slowly stripped that team down from the contender that it once was. I can't say what kind of constraints he deals with from Melnyk, the owner, but looking at the roster for last year, no one in that organization could have thought they were competing for anything but 15th in the East. Seriously, that roster was just disgusting. You have Spezza and Alfredsson, two aging former stars who haven't been worth their weight in since Heatley left. The defense is just plain terrible after the top two spots one of which is filled by an expensive free agent acquisition. Why the hell would Murray sign a $5.5 million free agent for three season knowing full well that your team is going into rebuild mode? By the way, that defenseman is 37 and has a no movement clause. Who the hell thinks that is a good idea? Then the guy makes a fantastic trade to get a second tier starting goalie, who was great for them in the finals months of the season, in exchange for basically nothing of value and then he signs the goalie to a pretty cheap deal at $3.2/yr for 4 years.

I don't know, Ottawa is just a weird situation where the only thing they have locked up for the future that they actually want on the team is the goalie. The rest of the team is overpaid, underperforming, has beens or is a bunch of nobodies. How Ottawa competes in the next couple years for anything but the bottom of the league is beyond me. Toronto at least has some pieces that you can expect to be good in the near future to compliment their under performing, overpaid "stars" (cough Phaneuf cough).

Phaze I didn't realize that Canadians had Tea Partiers like the US. Well whatever event in Canada's history corresponds to the US's Boston Tea Party. The 1942 Stanley Cup when the Leafs came back from 3-0 on Detroit maybe. Maybe the Edmonton Oilers great teams. I just realized I know absolutely nothing about Canadian history that doesn't pertain to hockey. Yay America!
    Err, if you want to talk overpaid and under performing, Mike Komisarek is certainly the man on the Leafs roster who is. Him and Giugere, but he is as good as gone now the Reimer has been signed for a few years. Toronto is actually in a good spot, a respectable roster with some rather good players. Kessel struggled this year admittedly, but he still got 30 goals, but one would think that at 4 million bucks he might score a bit more. No matter, I think Bozak is gone as that experimental ship has sailed, a few guys acquired in trades will get signed, Armstrong and Brent are good depth players. The amount of money saved up from letting Giggy go will be good for when we sign Brad Richards in a couple of weeks.

I'd also like to leave a reminder that some 40 years ago, when Toronto actually played in the West (like who the fuck was snorting coke when they made up the conferences back then?) and Vancouver lost to an Original 6 team that was Montreal in the finals. If history has any kind of preference, it will be the Original 6 team winning it all.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So yesterday, in the NBA finals, the road team won game 6 for the first championship in their history... just sayin'.
    That shouldn't matter, the Heat are a bunch of overrated hacks and their star players underperformed, just like the Sedins have been.

Well this is interesting, Boston is going to win at home on Monday, there is no denying it, they have just been too good on home ice to lose game 6. Then it's basically on. Vancouver and Boston have been on more even ground while playing at the Rogers Arena which is why I think game 7 could be a huge toss up as to who actually wins it.
    Read as:

Bruins won 2/2 at home, therefore the Bruins will win game 6.
    Canucks won 3/3 at home, therefore the Bruins have a chance.

LAWL
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Read as:

Bruins won 2/2 at home, therefore the Bruins will win game 6.
    Canucks won 3/3 at home, therefore the Bruins have a chance.

LAWL
    The logic is undeniable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game face time

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:25 PM ----------

Less than a minute in, already an injury, a Fanner Glass imitation and 2 penalties.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be hurting too if you went ass first into the boards and probably damaged your tail bone and lower back.

Luongo kinda can't do anything in Boston

6-1 game inc
    Last edited by huntera; 2011-06-14 at 12:34 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let the decimation begin!

what a fucking pass, peverley.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incoming Game 7. Congratulations to Luongo for removing himself from the Conn Smythe talks essentially handing the trophy to Thomas regardless of game 7 winner. Unless Thomas gives up 5 goals on 15 shots or Lou has a 70 save shutout in game 7 I don't see any way that Thomas doesn't get the Conn.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Incoming Game 7. Congratulations to Luongo for removing himself from the Conn Smythe talks essentially handing the trophy to Thomas regardless of game 7 winner. Unless Thomas gives up 5 goals on 15 shots or Lou has a 70 save shutout in game 7 I don't see any way that Thomas doesn't get the Conn.
    Stanley at home > Conn Smythe

Tim Thomas will be the new Old GOD in this expansion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but Conn Smythe + Vezina + Stanley Cup on enemy soil = biggest victory

Yeah but Conn Smythe + Vezina + Stanley Cup on enemy soil = biggest victory
    With Boston's record at Vancouver? /giggle