10+ Year Old Account
    LOL - Bozak open net.. great save connolly... talk about bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    come on Leafs...seriously? 2-1 lead at the end of the second and halfway through the third you have given up 2 goals?
    Our typical 40 minute game, and the soft goal. *Gustavsson will be incredible once he can eliminate that soft goal.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    LOL - Bozak open net.. great save connolly... talk about bad luck
    I'm still pulling for the Leafs because fuck the pens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    I'm still pulling for the Leafs because fuck the pens.
    for some reason that is a common theme on this thread...do we even have any penguins fans amongst the regular posters? or do they just show up in playoff time...

for some reason that is a common theme on this thread...do we even have any penguins fans amongst the regular posters? or do they just show up in playoff time...
    I don't have any issues with Pittsburgh, but the only Pens fans that count were the 10,000 that watched before Crosby was drafted who weren't about to let their team go bankrupt. *

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I don't have any issues with Pittsburgh, but the only Pens fans that count were the 10,000 that watched before Crosby was drafted who weren't about to let their team go bankrupt. *
    there was 10,000 of them? looked like half that. i donno, i been a fan of the Winged Wheel since some time in the early 90s (90-92, cant remember exactly when i started watching, i was 5-7 years old at the time)

10+ Year Old Account
    2-0 and ya fucked it up.
    Silly Leafs....

As a life long Rangers fan, the Pens rank slightly above the Isles in hate factor. It's just a location thing. And I dislike Crosby as a person. Alot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate the Buffalo play-by-play guy? I don't know his name and I know hes been around for awhile but my god he is such a huge homer on national tv to boot. I don't mind radio guys being homers but when the TV guys are yelling GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Overtime it really just makes me mad. Listening to that guy cast games is like watching Jim Hughson* and that other ass on CBC during a Canucks game. Can you cheer for Luongo any harder?

/rant
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-03-08 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post

Yeah, Sabres are 0-1-2 with Rangers this year. But they were incredible games so you never know. Tommorrow vs. Boston will be a good one to watch as always.
    I hate Sabres vs. Bruins games this season. I'm a Bruins fan, but Miller's on my fantasy team... Here's to hoping he gets a night off tomorrow so I can root for a good 'ol fashion ass whooping without killing my fantasy team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate the Buffalo play-by-play guy? I don't know his name and I know hes been around for awhile but my god he is such a huge homer on national tv to boot. I don't mind radio guys being homers but when the TV guys are yelling GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Overtime it really just makes me mad. Listening to that guy cast games is like watching Jim Houston and that other ass on CBC during a Canucks game. Can you cheer for Luongo any harder?

/rant

Luongo's saves are dubious to your shenanigans
    I remember it all too well

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God thats hilarious.

Its one of the reasons Sportsnet in Canada has taken off so well. Unlike TSN its not a central channel covering all the teams, its broken up into "Pacific, East, West," etc. This way every channel they have of it can be these big homer channels filled with only THEIR team!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else hate the Buffalo play-by-play guy? I don't know his name and I know hes been around for awhile but my god he is such a huge homer on national tv to boot. I don't mind radio guys being homers but when the TV guys are yelling GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in Overtime it really just makes me mad. Listening to that guy cast games is like watching Jim Hughson* and that other ass on CBC during a Canucks game. Can you cheer for Luongo any harder?

/rant
    A lot of non-fans find him annoying. Its just a Buffalo thing. Id take him over the NBCS guys anyday.*

Also I should mention that they broadcast the same thing on the radio for us on TV. Hes normally only home games. Our other guy isnt bad.
    Last edited by Grrwaherr; 2012-03-08 at 07:16 PM.

A lot of non-fans find him annoying. Its just a Buffalo thing. Id take him over the NBCS guys anyday.*
    This. The only thing thats worse than NBCS is Washingtons caster when Ovechkin scores a goal. It sounds like he's stroking out.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 01:10 PM ----------

Actually, I have nothing but respect for Doc. Edzo and Pierre can choke on one however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Its one of the reasons Sportsnet in Canada has taken off so well. Unlike TSN its not a central channel covering all the teams, its broken up into "Pacific, East, West," etc. This way every channel they have of it can be these big homer channels filled with only THEIR team!

the problem with all those channels is "regional coverage" only way to watch leafs is move to toronto, pay for centre ice or find a stream

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 04:48 PM ----------

Also I should mention that they broadcast the same thing on the radio for us on TV. Hes normally only home games. Our other guy isnt bad.

i can't stand him, i mute everytime i watch highlights of a buffalo goal or gaming win goal. muting him and both national anthems go hand in hand

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem with all those channels is "regional coverage" only way to watch leafs is move to toronto, pay for centre ice or find a stream
    For some reason my cable package actually comes with all the sportsnets for free. SNO is channel 48 and all the rest are like.. 155-159.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    2-0 and ya fucked it up.
    Silly Leafs....
    Cause ya know, it's not like Pittsburgh has a shitty offence or anything...

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 05:21 PM ----------

This used to be the case with Leafs games that were on SportsNet or Leafs TV last season, they used to do synchronized broadcasts with Joe Bowen calling the games at home, however Jim Ralph is the other guy on the radio with Bowen, however the guy who works with Bowen on TV is someone else. I don't think Joe Bowen does any of the radio play by plays anymore, the guy who does them now is a boring douche. Joe really is one of the best broadcasters in hockey even if he is a Leafs homer, his enthusiasm for the job makes him great to listen to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    For some reason my cable package actually comes with all the sportsnets for free. SNO is channel 48 and all the rest are like.. 155-159.

fuzzie i get all sportsnet channels, but because i live in Halifax, i can only watch hockey on Sportsnet East, which means all other games are blacked out (oilers, flames, leafs and canucks)

now if i pay for centre ice again, which unlikely given 20 games left and well the leafs are falling fast, no point.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-03-08 at 10:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    fuzzie i get all sportsnet channels, but because i live in Halifax, i can only watch hockey on Sportsnet East, which means all other games are blacked out (oilers, flames, leafs and canucks)

now if i pay for centre ice again, which unlikely given 20 games left and well the leafs are falling fast, no point.
    Yeah, I can understand that. I was going to get it for this season but I didn't know if it was worth it. I really only watch Leafs games and they're all on anyways unless there's a rare Leafs TV game which I don't bother with.

I've never noticed any blackouts with sportsnet. maybe because I don't really watch a lot of other games again. I'll sometimes watch RDS but it's all in french. pretty much the only french I can understand is hockey related.