Hey guys. new guy here.

I gotta say I agree with what most of you are predicting (as it is all pretty much the same) except that I don't see how the Rangers-Ottawa could be finished in less than 6 games, for either side.
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

Quote Originally Posted by adece View Post
    Hey guys. new guy here.

I gotta say I agree with what most of you are predicting (as it is all pretty much the same) except that I don't see how the Rangers-Ottawa could be finished in less than 6 games, for either side.
    Spezza gets shut down, Karlsson gets slowed down, and Senators out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Western: 1st round

Canucks(6) vs Kings
    Sharks vs Blues(4)
    Blackhawks(4) vs Coyotes
    Red Wings vs Predators(7)

Eastern: 1st round

Rangers(5) vs Senators
    Capitals vs Bruins(4)
    Devils vs Panthers(7)
    Flyers(6) vs Penguins

West

Canucks in 5
    Blues in 5
    Blackhawks in 4
    Wings in 7

East

Rangers in 6
    Bruins in 5
    Devils in 6
    Penguins in 7

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver vs Los Angeles in 7 games

St. Loius vs San Jose in 5 games

Phoenix vs Chicago in 6 games

Nashville vs Detroit in 7 games

New York vs Ottawa in 6 games

Boston vs Washington in 5 games

Florida vs New Jersey in 6 games

Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia in 7 games - round 1 best series

You guys underestimate the capitals. With the whole team healthy and a newborn ovechkin I think we can be a real thread to any team. Being the underdog is something that I think will benefit the team as well. The only question is the goaltending, the risk of having to rely on the third goalie is pretty far from optimal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

Canucks(6) vs Kings
    Sharks vs Blues(4)
    Blackhawks(4) vs Coyotes
    Red Wings vs Predators(7)

Rangers(5) vs Senators
    Capitals vs Bruins(4)
    Devils vs Panthers(7)
    Flyers(6) vs Penguins
    your expecting Chicago to sweep a team it only managed to win 1 game against in the regular season?
    GLWT

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sennah View Post
    You guys underestimate the capitals. With the whole team healthy and a newborn ovechkin I think we can be a real thread to any team. Being the underdog is something that I think will benefit the team as well. The only question is the goaltending, the risk of having to rely on the third goalie is pretty far from optimal.
    For me, I'm not picking who I want to win, just who I think will win. I hope the Caps do advance. They've been on an upswing lately. Let's hope they can keep it going.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're going to get murdered without a good goalie. That's always been Washington's problem in the playoffs since Ovechkin turned them around. If they had a Jonathon Quick or Mike Smith type goalie, it would work so much better than their current rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    your expecting Chicago to sweep a team it only managed to win 1 game against in the regular season?
    GLWT
    Totally agree, sorry I don't see the Hawks sweeping that series. We're another team with goalies who are just not consistent. But I'll say Hawks in 6

10+ Year Old Account
    GLWT
    I really don't understand why you guys try to tie a regular season series into playoff hockey. Yes, i do expect it to happen...wait and you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennah View Post
    Not trying to be an ass, but Washington doesn't have enough defensive skill to win a cup right now IMO.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-04-08 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we won't see either team in the finals from last year.. there again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Not trying to be an ass, but Washington doesn't have enough defensive skill to win a cup right now IMO.
    No, probably not, but I think we are good enough to give Boston a run for their money and anything can happen in the playoffs so one can always hope right?

Canucks vs Kings (6)
    Sharks vs Blues (6)
    Blackhawks vs Coyotes (5)
    Red Wings(6) vs Predators

Rangers(4) vs Senators
    Capitals vs Bruins(6)
    Devils(5) vs Panthers
    Flyers(6) vs Penguins

Stole Garbles' format, minus the bold :<

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why you guys try to tie a regular season series into playoff hockey. Yes, i do expect it to happen...wait and you'll see.
    i understand this, but if chicago could only muster 1 win against phoenix in the regular season, what makes you think they are going to sweep phoenix in 4?

10+ Year Old Account
    i understand this, but if chicago could only muster 1 win against phoenix in the regular season, what makes you think they are going to sweep phoenix in 4?
    Mike Smith's amazing superpowers that give him the ability to carry a pretty terrible team on paper, finally run out?

Changed my playoff predictions a bit..
    NYR > Ottawa 5.
    Boston > Washington 6.
    New Jersey > Florida 4.
    Philadelphia > Pittsburgh 6.
    Vancouver > San Jose 6
    LA > St. Louis 7.
    Phoenix > Chicago 5.
    Detroit > Nashville 6.

CBC has the Wings vs Nashville series. FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-04-08 at 10:17 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I could totally see a team with a good offense, fantastic defense, and the hottest goaltending in the NHL sweeping a team with horrible defense, mediocre at best goaltending, and good offense. Oh wait that described Phoenix sweeping the Hawks, a far more likely scenario than the Hawks sweeping them although neither is likely.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Mike Smith's amazing superpowers that give him the ability to carry a pretty terrible team on paper, finally run out?
    I don't even think it is totally Mike Smith. I think Dave Tippet is just an actual wizard. There is no reason at all for the Coyotes to be as good as they have been the last couple years outside of Tips. Just think how good they could be if they had an actual real owner that spent money above the cap floor. Although that wouldn't really help them do anything but lose more money as they still wouldn't put enough fans in the seats to not lose around $30 million this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't even think it is totally Mike Smith. I think Dave Tippet is just an actual wizard. There is no reason at all for the Coyotes to be as good as they have been the last couple years outside of Tips. Just think how good they could be if they had an actual real owner that spent money above the cap floor. Although that wouldn't really help them do anything but lose more money as they still wouldn't put enough fans in the seats to not lose around $30 million this season.
    Oh definitely Tippett is some kind of Wizard, and Sean Burke some how makes every goalie he coaches, into Vezina quality.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Oh definitely Tippett is some kind of Wizard, and Sean Burke some how makes every goalie he coaches, into Vezina quality.
    Bryzgalov was vezina quality?