10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because he is butt buddies with the owner, who is also an incompetent moron.

Edit: So neither McClement or Kulemin got signed by any team. Makes me kinda laugh that they won't take similar contracts to stay in Toronto and think they will get more elsewhere. Apparently Franson didn't sign his qualifying offer but is an RFA, makes me wonder if Nonis will get his head out of the sand and pay him a fair salary. Give him a 3 year 3.25 million per offer and see if he takes it, he is worth that much at least.
    he will get 2.5

also just because those 2 signed.. doesn't mean anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    So Giroux arrested last night for repeatedly grabbing a police officers ass?
    repeatedly? does that mean he got a couple of freebies before it became an arresting offense?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    repeatedly? does that mean he got a couple of freebies before it became an arresting offense?
    And was the police a man or a woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And was the police a man or a woman?
    Multiple grabs, and it was a man
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...sted-in-ottawa

Oh hey look, Poiles big FA center he said we needed...Ollie Jokinen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Oh hey look, Poiles big FA center he said we needed...Ollie Jokinen
    Good luck with him. He is okay, but he isn't worth the money he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Good luck with him. He is okay, but he isn't worth the money he wants.
    Luckily its only 1 year at 2.5 million.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a solid deal. The second time he played in calgary I really liked him. he can disappear for big chunks of the season but at that price with his upside (20 goalsish) you cant go wrong really. He'll kill penalties for you and isnt really a defensive liability too.

For a guy who's going to throw down 40-50 points and (iirc) have damn good possession numbers, that is a steal for the Preds.

10+ Year Old Account
    garbo n kuli sign with Islanders

20 an 30 pt players are worth 4 million now.

For a shit load of money too O_o 4/20 for Grabbo, 4/16.75 for Kulemin. Kulemin money is unexpected to say the least.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess they're trying to ensure they don't cough mcdavid over to Buffalo? gives them some nice depth at least. okposo grabner neilsson plus those 2 johnny T and maybe even michael dal colle? not a horrible roster tbh. they have halak too and that division is lol.

Oilers arr pidgeon holed into signing ribeiro who is cancerous to the locker room, derek roy l, or old david legwand if they want to fill their 2C spot. I imagine ribeiro won't be cheap and roy sucks so gg maybe another first overall will help them. (kidding of course no way theyre worse than us AGAIN? MATT STAJAN TOP CENTERMAN KILL ME NOW)
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-07-02 at 10:49 PM.

In other Flyers news, they signed Nick Schultz for 1.25 million that has apparently materialized out of thin air. Lecavlier deal to Nashville is still possible, but pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Guess they're trying to ensure they don't cough mcdavid over to Buffalo? gives them some nice depth at least. okposo grabner neilsson plus those 2 johnny T and maybe even michael dal colle? not a horrible roster tbh. they have halak too and that division is lol.

Oilers arr pidgeon holed into signing ribeiro who is cancerous to the locker room, derek roy l, or old david legwand if they want to fill their 2C spot. I imagine ribeiro won't be cheap and roy sucks so gg maybe another first overall will help them. (kidding of course no way theyre worse than us AGAIN? MATT STAJAN TOP CENTERMAN KILL ME NOW)
    i kind of hope the oilers go with winnik, hes pretty good value for what he brings

10+ Year Old Account
    Legwand would be a cheap option for a player and he plays hard and defensively as well. So he is the best option of those three.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vrbata signs in Vancouver, 2 years 10m. Pretty good signing for them, he's quietly put up decent #s in Phoenix defensive system. Sucks I can't take him in my pool this year, 5m is a lot for 20-25 goals

Grabovski now makes 500 grand less than Tavares, this is the NHL we live in.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-07-03 at 01:28 AM.

Vrbata signs in Vancouver, 2 years 10m. Pretty good signing for them, he's quietly put up decent #s in Phoenix defensive system. Sucks I can't take him in my pool this year, 5m is a lot for 20-25 goals

Grabovski now makes 500 grand less than Tavares, this is the NHL we live in.
    He was making more here. He's a good player, but not worth that much; pretty much paid him that crazily because we had no centre depth. Then again, that buyout was not right to take on the Clarkson contract.

Seems like the GMs all think it's okay to spend ridiculously under the notion that "the cap will skyrocket soon!"

That's a solid deal. The second time he played in calgary I really liked him. he can disappear for big chunks of the season but at that price with his upside (20 goalsish) you cant go wrong really. He'll kill penalties for you and isnt really a defensive liability too.
    Well I feel a little better about it knowing the coach was on board with it, and its a cap friendly number so if nothing else he should be easy to trade at the deadline.

As far as Legwand to Edmonton, you could do far worse. He plays really well defensively, can play the PK and the PP, he's actually not a bad guy to bring in as a Vet on a young team. Now the biggest issue we've seen with him since we drafted him, he lacks " want to " sometimes and if he loses focus, it gets ugly. He could probably put up 20 goals if he got hot, probably 50 or so points depending on who he plays with.

The biggest issue with signing him is he wants term. Just a guess but he is probably looking for 3-4 million per for 4 years or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, for all the talent that has been streaming west, I think its going to be harder to sign mid-level players because the East has been so grossly overpaying for them.

If I'm a star I'm gonna go west where the best chance to win is, if I'm a solid veteran who scores 30 points a year I'm gonna go east where that nets you $4-5 million annually.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The funny thing is, for all the talent that has been streaming west, I think its going to be harder to sign mid-level players because the East has been so grossly overpaying for them.

If I'm a star I'm gonna go west where the best chance to win is, if I'm a solid veteran who scores 30 points a year I'm gonna go east where that nets you $4-5 million annually.
    If they want to win a cup in the next few years I could see middle of the pack type players signing for a fair salary in Chicago, LA, St. Louis, Anaheim, or possibly Colorado IMO. I agree though, Eastern teams outside of Boston, Detroit, Columbus, and Montreal all seem like they're willing to pay their average players way too much.