10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you guys might like this...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75...urrent-players

This is the definition of bandaid solution.

EDIT: Columbus ASG that is.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2012-01-28 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    read in a paper a rumor of perry to nucks, for like ballard, corey schneider and mason raymond lol...dont see it happening, nucks actually need a goalie in the playoffs..
    Why the hell would the Ducks do that? Why would they bring in a goalie who is going to get a big paycheck soon when they already have an NHL caliber goalie in Hilller? Stupid rumors are stupid lol.

<3 the Columbus ASG news. We now know that Columbus will be a team for at least one more year. Have to give the Jackets fans props though. They still fill up "80%" of their arena for games despite having horrible ownership that won't fire the horrible general manager building a horrible team for seemingly forever. Phoenix is barely selling 67% of their tickets and they are a playoff team last two years and are way better than the Jackets right now.

Speaking of bad franchises, there is a rumor floating around that Glendale is actually considering paying the NHL another $25 million to subsidize losses to get the team to stay in Phoenix one more year if no local ownership is found. Hilarious. Glendale just had their credit score bombed by Moody's thanks to their ever growing debt thanks in part to their's and the NHL's insistence on keeping the Coyotes there. From the sounds of it, the two bidding groups have balked at the NHL's $170 million asking price to keep the team in the terrible Glendale market but there is a third mystery group still in the bidding aka "The group Bettman made up to try and make it look like there is any shot at all that the Coyotes are still a team in 5 months."

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

I am fine with that list for the most part. Gripes:

6) Stamkos. He doesn't do anything but score. If you are going to discount Datsyuk to 4 because he doesn't score enough but does everything else phenomenally, it is stupid to prop up a guy that can only score and does nothing else well.
    8) Ovechkin. He isn't the 8th best player in the NHL. He hasn't been top 10 in awhile.
    27)Lundqvist. Sorry, bullshit. He is the best goalie in the league and he is only 27th? He is better than Gabby, Skinner, Kane, Kes, and countless others above him? I'm sorry, but Lundqvist is a top 10 player in the NHL unless you are insane and completely discount the goaltending position.
    36) Joe Thornton. What? How is one of the top 4 set up men in the NHL, a great defensive forward, and one of the best points guys in the NHL for years only 36? Easily should be top 15.
    68) Howard. I think he is the 4-5th goalie on here which is okay. The rank for him is too low though. The NHL goalie with the most wins since he became a starter, a phenomenal GAA and SVP, is only the 68th ranked player? Insane. And he is not worse than Luongo.

You can't legitimately put goalies in with other players... there's no way to rank what a goalie does for a team with a forward or defenseman.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Trying to get more interest in a failing U.S. market it looks like.
    Fixed that for you.

Hockey has been rising in popularity for a while now. In a stats sheet I read a while back, in most cities where an NBA and NHL team are present, the NHL team got slightly more attendence - including good basketball markets like Chicago.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Hockey has been rising in popularity for a while now. In a stats sheet I read a while back, in most cities where an NBA and NHL team are present, the NHL team got slightly more attendence - including good basketball markets like Chicago.
    so then the Wings attendance should blow the Pistons attendance out of the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol at the Phoenix player trying to get a hook in on the fastest skater competition.

Trick shot is great

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the breakaway challenge, Price has a pretty good sense of humour I think as he has been talking to CBC during the skills competition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carey Price won the Breakaway imho.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 01:05 AM ----------

if i had to choose an actual Shooter, Superkane.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Carey Price won the Breakaway imho.

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 01:05 AM ----------

if i had to choose an actual Shooter, Superkane.
    For me it would be:
    Price
    Perry
    Kane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post

I love the Leaf hate that that article exudes. Kessel at #23. No Lupul. Not even an honorable mention.
    No shortage of love for the Penguins though; the writer must be sucking Pierre McGuire's dick.

It's okay haters. It's tough being #1. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the most popular, most well-known, most valuable and most successful hockey franchise in the NHL. And everyone knows it.

Before you guys spit out your beverages and start angrily reminding me that the Leafs haven't won a cup since 1967, and are therefore not the most successful hockey franchise in the NHL, let me remind you that in those 45 years, the Leafs have sold out virtually every home game.
    Let me repeat that one. The Leafs have been 'losing' for 45 years, and they still put asses in every seat, every night. (Eat your heart out Phoenix.)

No other NHL team can even come close to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I love the Leaf hate that that article exudes. Kessel at #23. No Lupul. Not even an honorable mention.
    No shortage of love for the Penguins though; the writer must be sucking Pierre McGuire's dick.

It's okay haters. It's tough being #1. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the most popular, most well-known, most valuable and most successful hockey franchise in the NHL. And everyone knows it.

Before you guys spit out your beverages and start angrily reminding me that the Leafs haven't won a cup since 1967, and are therefore not the most successful hockey franchise in the NHL, let me remind you that in those 45 years, the Leafs have sold out virtually every home game.
    Let me repeat that one. The Leafs have been 'losing' for 45 years, and they still put asses in every seat, every night. (Eat your heart out Phoenix.)

Buccigross is from Pittsburgh, need i say more?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

So true. Haters gonna hate, it will be like that till the Leafs win the Cup and even then haters will still hate. Toronto has had some very promising rosters over the years and just couldn't complete, especially in the early 90's. Horrible management up until Burke's arrival showed no promise of a successful present or future, however when Fletcher started changing things and Burke completely overhauled the culture of the team and rebuilt from the office to the ice in a quick fashion. Are they a Cup contender? Maybe not this season, if they had Kulemin, Grabs and MacArthur scoring like fiends like they did last season along with how well Kessel and Lupul are playing, the Leafs would be #1 in the league. Lack of goaltending experience is hurting them a bit, but I'd like to see where the Leafs would be with all that scoring they had last year along with what they have this year. There are some holes, but when the Leafs are making the playoffs on a consistent basis, people are still going to be jealous of their financial success. I don't think Burke is going to settle for anything less then Cup victories and will make the moves needed to win them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superkane is just too strong! He obliterated the poor ol puck!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk made the puck control look like childs play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk looked really good on the puck control. Made it look easy.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Datsyuk made the puck control look like childs play.
    get out of my head

15+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk looked really good on the puck control. Made it look easy.

get out of my head
    i posted a minute before you, clearly i was the f aster thinker and YOU were in MY head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listen to those Ottawa fans boo Leaf players. Stay classy, haters.