10+ Year Old Account
    Even though Iggy deserves a Cup, I want Pittsburgh to crash and burn. They are pretty much trying to buy a championship, that ain't right. Plus I really want to watch an Original 6 Finals betwixt Hawks and B's.

Also I can't stand to look at Crosby's pig face.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the NHL is HOPING for a PIT vs CHI Stanley Cup Final. Sidney Crosby is the poster boy for the NHL & with the Hawks dominating performance this year it would just create revenue. If that were to happen I still say the Hawks would come out the winners being that PITs defense isn't no where near the Blackhawks. So they would have to just try to outscore then and that's also getting through Crawford's great performances as of late.

Now if it were a BOS vs CHI series...I'd really think BOS would take it because they're harder hitters than LA is currently & they can score a lot better. I actually think that BOS would take that series as well, but then again I didn't think Quick would be pulled anywhere in this series. That's one of the main reasons I love Hockey is that so many things can create the entire outcome of the game from a bad puck bounce, a dirty greasy goal, taking a stupid penalty, or just really good team play.

15+ Year Old Account
    As much as i like Pens, they just arent cut out to get the cup.
    They do have Vokoun which has been "alright" in the playoffs.
    But vs Boston or Chicago he wont be able to keep them in the game.
    Why not put in Fleury you say? Well fleury is one of the worst playoff goalies and also he's still fatigued from the season.

And the way Raask is playing atm and his defense its going to be hard to beat, seeing as pens are REALLY frustrated atm and its only game 1.
    That wont do them much good.

When it comes to Chicago vs LA kings there is no doubt that Chicago will win quite easy.
    One of the major factors is that King's defense atm isnt very good, and their star goalie Quick sadly is exhausted and lets in easy goals, making em use Bernier the backup, which is decent, but not a goalie that can withstand hawks for a full game.

my 5 cents are on Chicago vs Boston in the Stanley cup, where Chicago will take an game 7.
    One of the reason has been their insane offensive play, and their beyond godlike goalie Crawford thats been a wall so far this season, both season and playoffs.
    Even with boston's hardhitting team and good defense, i dont see em being able to stop the amount of plays Chicago has this year.

But all in all, we're in for a big treat on the finals thats for sure!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to see a good hockey game tbh. Iggy's my favourite player and always will be. Seeing him win a cup would be the next best thing but I don't think he -needs- to win it for his career to be considered great. It's a team game, I've never understood why winning a championship is a credential in discussions about certain players. I guess if he didn't have as many accomplishments it would play even more of a role, but 1 guy can't single handedly win an entire post season for a team. I also don't think the Penguins are utilizing Iginla as much as they could be. He only played like 10~ mins in game 1 and around the same in game 5 vs Ottawa. They have him on the left side and it's not that big of a deal, but I'd put him over on the right where he's played his entire career. He's not the type of player who can just go into the corner and win a battle 8/10 times and make a play off it anymore either. Throwing him out with Crosby and Kunitz would play more into his strengths than with Malkin and Neal. That's just my armchair coaching obviously though.

Penguins will lose if they play frustrated again. Philly got under their skin last year and we saw how that played out. This time they're facing a team with a real goaltender. I can see Boston winning by a similar score tonight too and taking game 3 also. It's just real hard to be confident in that Pens team with how they function defensively.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you Canadians feel about Crawford's chances to make the Olympic team as the #2? I think Price will most likely be the starter, and I'm kinda worried Marty will be #2 just by virtue of being Marty.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    How do you Canadians feel about Crawford's chances to make the Olympic team as the #2? I think Price will most likely be the starter, and I'm kinda worried Marty will be #2 just by virtue of being Marty.
    I don't think it will happen. Brodeur is our #1 just because he is experienced, but it will be an interesting selection process. Crawford, Reimer, Price, Brodeur and Luongo are certainly your 5 best options right now,

If he keeps up this play yes he will be in it. Ward, Smith, and Luongo should be there ahead of him based on more than one year of excellent play (which was shared by Emery) though IMO.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    I'm sure the NHL is HOPING for a PIT vs CHI Stanley Cup Final. Sidney Crosby is the poster boy for the NHL & with the Hawks dominating performance this year it would just create revenue. If that were to happen I still say the Hawks would come out the winners being that PITs defense isn't no where near the Blackhawks. So they would have to just try to outscore then and that's also getting through Crawford's great performances as of late.
    I disagree, I think Pens vs. Kings is Bettman's preferable matchup short of Phoenix vs. Pittsburgh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want to have Broduer as our #1 and I don't think he will be. He was pretty terrible in 2010 for us and he's only gotten older. I'd imagine he'll be #3 though. We're in a bit of a predicament since they usually only invite 5 guys to camp. I think it's being held in Calgary this year and Winsport (the arena) is close to me so I might go check it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'd like to see Holtby on the olympic roster, though I doubt that will happen.

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    As much as i like Pens, they just arent cut out to get the cup.
    They do have Vokoun which has been "alright" in the playoffs.
    But vs Boston or Chicago he wont be able to keep them in the game.
    Why not put in Fleury you say? Well fleury is one of the worst playoff goalies and also he's still fatigued from the season.

And the way Raask is playing atm and his defense its going to be hard to beat, seeing as pens are REALLY frustrated atm and its only game 1.
    That wont do them much good.

When it comes to Chicago vs LA kings there is no doubt that Chicago will win quite easy.
    One of the major factors is that King's defense atm isnt very good, and their star goalie Quick sadly is exhausted and lets in easy goals, making em use Bernier the backup, which is decent, but not a goalie that can withstand hawks for a full game.

my 5 cents are on Chicago vs Boston in the Stanley cup, where Chicago will take an game 7.
    One of the reason has been their insane offensive play, and their beyond godlike goalie Crawford thats been a wall so far this season, both season and playoffs.
    Even with boston's hardhitting team and good defense, i dont see em being able to stop the amount of plays Chicago has this year.

But all in all, we're in for a big treat on the finals thats for sure!
    Boston is a bigger team than Chicago, probably one of the very few teams that could effectively push the Hawks around.
    Both goalies are stellar, and on par with each other IMO. Both backups are also very good.
    Chicago doesn't have quite the firepower of Pittsburgh, which Boston so far hasn't had TOO much trouble shutting down (thanks in part to the post). However they have the defence to make up for it.
    I personally think Boston's defense is a bit better when they are playing well. If anything it's simply because they have a Chara.

Idk, it will be close. I can't really guess who would win, but I can probably guess there will be overtimes, and probably 1 or 2 OTs in a most likely game 7.
    Last edited by Asera; 2013-06-03 at 10:34 PM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i wonder how classy the penguins act today.
    Ain't you bussy golfing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Ain't you bussy golfing?
    just because my team is golfing doesnt mean i have to be, if you noticed, there is a rangers, a flames, and a leafs/canadians fan posting here regurally and thats just off the top of my head. but hey, don't worry about them, just me, because i said something you don't like.

the fact of the matter is, the pens are very unclassy and they show it each and every year.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    If it wasn't for their recent rebuild, Toronto would have the best golfing team in the NHL.

By the way, Datsyuk is fishing, not golfing.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If it wasn't for their recent rebuild, Toronto would have the best golfing team in the NHL.

By the way, Datsyuk is fishing, not golfing.
    If it wasn't for Fletcher and Burke, we would still have the likes of Andrew Raycrap and Matt Stajan.

how about them penguins

Deleted
    Crosby +1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Crosby +1.
    so far hes been a negative this series.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If it wasn't for Fletcher and Burke, we would still have the likes of Andrew Raycrap and Matt Stajan.
    ragin stajan was awesome a couple times this year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so far hes been a negative this series.
    Minus rating in 6/11 games.

15+ Year Old Account
    wasnt pittsburgh supposed to be able to outscore any team they faced so defense didnt matter?
    because they are failing hard atm.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Penguins D men are all so slow in everything that they do