Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    They are the Canucks point leaders and the only player I would say has been better this year is ironically Luongo. He's been good in net. The Sedins might not be point a game players under Tortorella, but they will lead this team offensively for a while longer.

Spending 5.25 million on Lupul is too much. I do like the guy, and when he is on his game he is good. Sadly his injury problems makes it hard to justify such a long contract, and his history production wise is not that great.

Bozak, might be worth 4.2 million if he can continue the pace he is on today, but as history has shown us he can't. He would be suitable for a second line center position due to his defensive abilities, but offensively I can't justify the contract. I mean you have played on the first line with Phil Kessel for 3 years now, and you have yet to surpass 50 points? Come on!
    Clarkson deal looks worse every game. Lupul is great if he can stay healthy. Bozak on the first line and the first line is on fire; kadri on first line and none of he players on top line can score. Kadri plas well with lupul. Kessel and Jvr play better with bozak. Bozak also plays well on pk. Winning lots of face offs and shoot out goals are nice bonus with him. I like bozak at 4.2 more than Grabo at 5.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    except for the part where Lou had a no trade clause and most likely wouldn't have accepted anything other then Toronto or Fla
    He would have gone anywhere to be starting goalie if it looked like Canucks would play Schneider again.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-01-19 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Sorry for bad English; on phone

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch Burrows. Just ouch.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, Canucks actually won a shootout.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look now but Columbus is riding a 6 game win streak and has pulled into a tie for 8th in the East. New York, Philadelphia and Toronto are tied for 5th though and only the Flyers have a game in hand. Gonna be a big 4 game road trip coming up for Toronto, they have to beat Phoenix, Winnipeg and Dallas in order to maintain a playoff spot, no excuses going out west and losing all 4 games, especially games against Phoenix and Winnipeg who are so mediocre. Colorado is going to be a good test though.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Burrows playing tough guy with his full face protection... must be a Quebec thing
    You mean a visor? People playing without them should be banned.

Personally, I would play in a full face-cage. Because I'm not a moron wanting to have my eye poked out because I am immature and want to appear "a tough guy". :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible job by the referees during the LAK-DET game :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post

Personally, I would play in a full face-cage. Because I'm not a moron wanting to have my eye poked out because I am immature and want to appear "a tough guy". :P

Nah, nothing worse then morons who get into scrums, throw punches wearing full face shields then skate away.

Deleted

In our hobby league everyone except one guy wears a full face cage or shield. There's no reason to risk your eyes if most of us have trouble staying upright on skates, that would be beyond moronic. One stray puck or accidental high stick is enough to cost you your eyesight, so full coverage. It is a bit distracting at times, which is why I totally get professionals choosing a visor instead, but if you are just playing for shits and giggles... don't risk it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    In our hobby league everyone except one guy wears a full face cage or shield. There's no reason to risk your eyes if most of us have trouble staying upright on skates, that would be beyond moronic. One stray puck or accidental high stick is enough to cost you your eyesight, so full coverage. It is a bit distracting at times, which is why I totally get professionals choosing a visor instead, but if you are just playing for shits and giggles... don't risk it.
    High sticks often get caught under visors and can cause more issues then not having one on and getting a stick in the face. It doesn't happen often mind you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night was pretty rad. I love flames vs canucks And torts is an idiot lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking job Hockey Canada! Making Crosby the captain? Can't wait to see that fiasco in action.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Good fucking job Hockey Canada! Making Crosby the captain? Can't wait to see that fiasco in action.

Not sure what you're getting at.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does not possess any leadership abilities at all! Look back to the SCF between Boston and the Penguins where the Pens hit a rough patch. Rather than leading and motivating his teammates, he engaged and encouraged thuggery and cheap shotting. Great display of leadership there!

The only reason he is named Captain is that he is the face of the NHL. Nothing else!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

This is why you're not in charge. They're mandatory now for anyone who hadn't played 25+ games before last season (or this season? I don't remember). Give it 10-15 years, and eventually everyone will have to wear a visor. Just think - 35 years ago, almost no one wore helmets!

In Leafs news, Kadri was a fucking beast last night. That's the kind of effort I want to see out of him most of the time. I don't care if he has a couple sloppy turnovers if he's playing with that level of intensity every game (though when he plays like that, the turnovers tend to disappear... weird, right :P). Big 4 game trip coming up. I figure the Leafs need to come out of it 3-1 or 2-0-2 to not lose pace in the East right meow.

As for Crosby being named captain of Team Canada, it makes a lot of sense - captains in this tournament aren't going to have a whole lot of responsibility and motivation they need to do in terms of what it means to be a captain in the NHL. They're a figurehead, and it makes sense one of your top line players be the captain. If you actually need someone to motivate you and give you pep talks at the Olympics, maybe you shouldn't be an athlete. Just a thought. Maybe it's different on the smaller country teams where not much is expected, but with Canada, the coaching staff and every single player on that team can be viewed as all-stars. Honestly, the only reason to have a captain at a tournament like this (in my eyes) is to have someone communicate with the refs when there's a call your coach wants some answers about. The only other two guys I would consider for 'captain' of this tournament who aren't Crosby are both alternates anyway.... so.. meh.

I pretty much agree with everything VanillaO just said. Crosby as team captain just kind of makes sense, and you don't need a whole ton of locker room leadership when you're on a team packed with leaders. If it was a team with just him and one or two others of the same caliber, then I could see the argument being made to assign somebody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would you pick?

10+ Year Old Account
    The players know what the expectations are, who wears the "C" doesn't matter so much to them as it does to the fans. Generally, most of these players are in a leadership role of some sort in their own locker room, so I think Team Canada will do just fine with Crosby lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    I think you're wrong my friend.
    one of the times im glad i was wrong, utterly impressive game until the last part of the third

- - - Updated - - -

Team canada has enough leaders in their rosters, the C is purely for the status, not leadership really

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    one of the times im glad i was wrong, utterly impressive game until the last part of the third

- - - Updated - - -

Team canada has enough leaders in their rosters, the C is purely for the status, not leadership really
    Pretty much, you have multiple guys who wear the C for their respective teams, they will all step up and lead one another.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

All I can say is rofl

15+ Year Old Account
    Penguins still on vacation. Every. God. Damn. Time. They are just beyond horrible when they get more than 2 days off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news everyone, Flames are 5-0 on Mondays