Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I kinda brain farted I guess. Franson is a defensive guy though. He might be expecting too much money, but he is a top 4 guy who can play top 2 minutes if needed.
    Word on the street is hes asking for long term and more money. I'd expect him to sign somewhere for 16x4 which is reasonable.

Franson is a bum. He's slow, he was incredibly unimpressive after the trade to Nashville, he relies on his stick too much instead of moving his skates... He has good advanced stats, though. That being said, I don't think he's worth more than 4.5 a year on a 2-3 year deal. He is probably looking for 4.5-6 on a longer (4-6) year deal. And that is why he isn't being signed anywhere. With the cap and teams already filling their needs with (frankly better) other players, why bother signing a guy like Franson?

If he wants a 1 year deal, I think a few teams would be willing to pay him 4-5M for that one year (kind of like Semin got with the Canes before his last deal). I know he's just come off two or three 1-year deals, but training camps start like now... take what you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I remember exactly their last meaningful game. Twas a wonderful night I must say!
    Rubbing salt on the wound huh?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Franson on a good team isn't worth more than about 3 mil if that. He is basically a 3rd pairing guy who can play on the PP. Yeah he can play 2nd pair, but I seriously wouldn't want to be in that position. He is slow, and his positioning isn't good enough to make up for it. He pinches at horrible times, which means you better have someone that can make up for it.

If he is holding out for big money and term, especially at this point, he needs his head examined. The big money hasn't really been out there this offseason to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs Lunch is back on the air! At least I can listen to them on Podcast now. Patrick Kane's team is looking for a settlement! Rumors say that Stammer isn't looking to resign or extend his contract.

God how I missed Hockey.

The Bobfather is going to come back from building orphan's homes by hand with lumber that he cut and milled himself.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point they clearly don't have enough evidence to convict him in court, not sure how civil court could be any different. I wouldn't give her a dime if I knew I wasn't guilty of anything, especially after she already made the allegation which created a stigma that will be attached to my name the rest of my life. Fuck her (unless she's not lying!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Civil court requires a hell of a lot less evidence to make judgement. As evident by Riberio last year. Never criminally charged but successfully sued. Although the way things work in the US. She could sue Kane if she didn't get a settlement or he was acquitted. Saying the criminal investigation lead her to be emotionally and psychologically traumatized. People in the US sue for anything and everything.

Edit: This isn't saying she wasn't wrong by any means. It's just that your judicial system is horribly one sided.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running a fantasy hockey league if anyone is interested. Its a head to head league with 2 C 2 LW 2 RW 4 D and 2 IR spots and 4 bench. Were drafting next saturday at 230 which could change if i need to. Looking for active people as you gotta set ur lineup weekly. Anywahs heres the link to join if anyone wants in.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.co...67e9ca93defd20

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to create a Yahoo account. It sounds great in theory but I can't do it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Franson signed in Buffalo, AAV is 3.3m I believe. 2 years, not a bad deal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Franson signed in Buffalo, AAV is 3.3m I believe. 2 years, not a bad deal for them.
    His agent did not do a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    His agent did not do a good job.
    To be fair, a lot of teams that have defensive issues already have young D-men in the system that will make the jump this year and plug holes. Franson didn't look great down the stretch. Being in Toronto highlighted some of his better qualities, it also shielded his worse qualities because the entire team was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    To be fair, a lot of teams that have defensive issues already have young D-men in the system that will make the jump this year and plug holes. Franson didn't look great down the stretch. Being in Toronto highlighted some of his better qualities, it also shielded his worse qualities because the entire team was a disaster.
    I'm not really referring to his value; the agent got Franson a value of what he's worth, but (like always) Leafs offered to overpay even though they didn't take it. His agent also forgot about salary arbitration previously if it was the same one as a couple years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I guess he does have a terrible agent. I can be his agent. I'll charge half of the regular commission.

Yeah cost him roughly a million per year didn't it? Ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im ready for Hockey

10+ Year Old Account
    Voynov is going back to Russia, no more NHL for him.

booo preseason games not televised, I don't wanna watch them online
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    70+ players at Leafs camp my god

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Voynov is going back to Russia, no more NHL for him.
    Curious as to know why he is leaving. He didn't give a reason as to why, seems like he is just going. Sucks for LA to lose a few of their better players this summer. Between Richards being let go, Williams leaving as a free agent and now Voynov, it makes me wonder how well they are going to do and whether those guys can be replaced.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2015-09-17 at 02:18 AM.