10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380675

Chara cleared.... quebec....

10+ Year Old Account
    The playoffs and finals last year were a joke, no one can argue that the officiating was incredibly lax on both sides.

That being said, I can still close my eyes and see Daniel's head whipping back and forth when he refused to fight back while Marchand used his collar to rebound his fist into Daniel's face over and over in front of the refs.

Would have been pretty entertaining to see the field days Shanny would have had with that series.
    '
    On topic: Such a waste for Quebec taxpayers for that hit to have been investigated criminally. Yeah it was devastating. Yeah no one wanted to see something that rough happen. Yeah Chara, intentionally or not, steered Patch's head into the stanchion. No, it wasn't a criminal act.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2011-11-17 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The playoffs and finals last year were a joke, no one can argue that the officiating was incredibly lax on both sides.

That being said, I can still close my eyes and see Daniel's head whipping back and forth when he refused to fight back while Marchand used his collar to rebound his fist into Daniel's face over and over in front of the refs.

Would have been pretty entertaining to see the field days Shanny would have had with that series.
    '
    Why? It seems like you would wish this was soccer. Where every bump or bruise would be a penalty, thats not what hockey is about though. Emotions run wild and that what makes this sport so great. 'Daniel' deserved it. He dives like Laura Wilkinson (See here: http://www.usadiving.org/05redesign/..._07_07_08.html) Actually both of the sedin sisters dive. Its disgusting at times. The only person I've seen dive worse then the Sedin sisters is Sean Avery. Who, is also a piece of shit, and falls into the same catogory as the Sedins, In my opinion

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=380675 ...... And this. This right here. This is just silly that it has been going on this long. I'm sad that hockey is being turned into a pussy sport. I can agree with almost all the suspensions that shanny has given. But its these fans bitching and whining about stupid shit that just demoralizes the game and what hockey is about. Fighting for your team and personal pride.

I feel like hockey is being swayed by the masses. All these 'NEW' fans are complaining about this stuff, that has been going on for decades. And now all of a sudden they want things to change. WHY?! If you don't like how the sport is being played, then don't watch it. Simple as that. Its horrible in Boston now. We have all these pink hats ( Fair weather fans/ Bandwagoneer's) buying out all the tickets and then just complaining when we don't score 7+ goals in a game. Like seriously?! STFU and GTFO. Go back to your quiet Newton (Where the rich live) home and watch it on TV then, I don't want to listen to your shit. I was happy until you all showed up.

That's my rant. Go Bruins!
    Last edited by Cheddabezze; 2011-11-17 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said take the physicality out of hockey, ESPECIALLY before the whistle has been blown.

You should learn to read before your retarded Boston brain kicks in and jumps to conclusions about what I was saying. But really, you Boston fans are all the same. You put so much pride in your fighting because it's all your team can do - barring Timmy's stellar goaltending last season there wasn't much you guys managed to do well other than throw your weight around.

But you know what's funny? I'm not even a Vancouver fan, though you seem to be attacking me as such. I'm a diehard Wings fan til I die and I still think Boston played like a bunch of goons after the whistle was blown, and Vancouver acted like wimps with their dives and lack of spine.

Should hockey ban fighting or physicality? No. Was any of it needed in between whistles? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said take the physicality out of hockey, ESPECIALLY before the whistle has been blown.

You should learn to read before your retarded Boston brain kicks in and jumps to conclusions about what I was saying. But really, you Boston fans are all the same. You put so much pride in your fighting because it's all your team can do - barring Timmy's stellar goaltending last season there wasn't much you guys managed to do well other than throw your weight around.

But you know what's funny? I'm not even a Vancouver fan, though you seem to be attacking me as such. I'm a diehard Wings fan til I die and I still think Boston played like a bunch of goons after the whistle was blown, and Vancouver acted like wimps with their dives and lack of spine.

Should hockey ban fighting or physicality? No. Was any of it needed in between whistles? No.

and you know what Vancouver did last year?

whined to the refs..dove...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post

I fail to see what this has at all to do with the points anyone has made here, and I also only partially understand what you mean because when you say "..dove..." I find myself wondering if perhaps you're insinuating that they gave the refs soap as a present.

Mtl Canadians all the way!

Go habs GO!

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if that isn't bannable i don't know what is.
    Go back and watch the Video, St. Louis has 6 guys on the ice, Wings shoulda had a 2 man Power Play.

I agree, shoulda been a 5 game suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bruins play a physical game because they're good at it. But that's not all they bring. Timmy in goal is godly, Marchand is not quite Datsyukian standard but he is very silky smooth. Seguin's turned out to be something of a pocket rocket. Slotting in goals on more often than not.

I think Canucks biggest problem in last years playoffs was that Boston were used to and ready to combat Vancouvers tactic of putting it behind net and working it along the boards the ENTIRE time. It was the Sedin show all year long until they were made to eat boards. Then their team fell apart. That and Luongo is mentally defective.

My Avs have a horrible weekend coming up =[ @Minnesota today, which I'm not really looking forward to and then hosting Dallas tomorrow.... I fear we're not gonna see any points at all this weekend.

I never. NEVER singled you out as a Vancouver fan. You brought up the Marchand and Sedin situation. I simply stated my personal opinion. As a life time Boston fan, Sure I may be a bit bias, but it still does not extinguish my main point of my previous post. Which was, Hockey is turning into soccer. A sport where every trip, every hit into the boards and every penalty should be a suspension, or a unsportsmanlike conduct.

I don't care what team you represent. You had no reason to insult me and my 'Boston brain'. I shall end this response in the best way my 'Boston brain' knows how to. R U JELLY THAT WE WON THE CUP?

Exactly my point. Lost all respect for that team. Mostly because of Burrows, Sedin sisters, and Luongo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see what this has at all to do with the points anyone has made here, and I also only partially understand what you mean because when you say "..dove..." I find myself wondering if perhaps you're insinuating that they gave the refs soap as a present.
    did u not see the games last year and the beginning of this year.. every play something happened they looked at the refs.. it was a joke, not to mention what Gillis said.. in the nashville and blackhawks series... whiners and divers

im not a nucks fan or a bruins fan, but im just stating the obvious

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Go back and watch the Video, St. Louis has 6 guys on the ice, Wings shoulda had a 2 man Power Play.

I agree, shoulda been a 5 game suspension.
    wow, you are correct, 6 Blues on the ice during that fight. that is indeed a penalty. too bad Detroits PP sucks ass and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, i love this Nashville commentator... Phanoof

Why are we starting scrivens again

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    I haven't seen any hockey news lately, but my guess is because Reimer is still hurt and Gustavsson has been fucking terrible this year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    From what I saw in Scrivens game the other day he doesn't do too bad in goals. You could easily have worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
    From what I saw in Scrivens game the other day he doesn't do too bad in goals. You could easily have worse.
    Flip a coin. Scrivens is either great or terrible. Too much of a gamble though. Leafs are in the process of looking for a long term solution.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...altending-help

First OT/SO game for Boston this season and they pick up the win in the SO. 7 in a row.

Go! Go! Black and Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Flip a coin. Scrivens is either great or terrible. Too much of a gamble though. Leafs are in the process of looking for a long term solution.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/...altending-help
    Short of getting Rinne or Lundqvest, no goalie is going to make a difference when your offense can't put more than 2 goals in the net Defense isn't much better either. At the start of the season I thought we had the best group of defensemen in the league, but lately they're looking like shit (clear exception: Liles). I don't blame Scrivens for the rest of the team though, he's doing better than I expected of him. Once again I'm feeling like we're on a path to completely messing up a great start and trying to make up for it when it's too late.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand

You say that like only Vancouver and Montreal are guilty of being crybaby teams.

Boston sending out big guys and beating up on everyone in the dying minutes of a game they are losing half the time is pretty childish to me.

Pittsburgh... well... I don't want to buy another keyboard right now.

Also wtf @ Washington.
    red panda red panda red panda!