Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

From the Humble and Fred radio show around the time of the lockout.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Predictions for Round #2?

St Louis vs Los Angeles in 7
    Phoenix vs Nashville in 6

New York vs Washington in 5
    Philadelphia vs New Jersey in 6
    Blues in 6
    Preds in 5
    Caps in 7
    Flyers in 7
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Predictions for Round #2?
    Philly over New Jersey in 5
    Washington over New York in 6
    Nashville over Phoenix in 5
    Los Angeles over St Louis in 7

New York over Washington in 6
    New Jersey over Philly in 7

Nashville over Phoenix in 4
    LA over St. Louis in 7

15+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone but me has said the Flyers Devils series would go to 6-7 games. I don't get it. I assume people watched Philly massacre a Pittsburgh team that was better offensively and defensively than the Devils right? Outside of the last gasp game by the Pens and the game MAF stole, the Flyers rolled them in that series. The Devils just spent 7 games blowing leads and generally struggling against the freaking Panthers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington in 6
    Philly in 5
    St Louis in 6
    Nashville in 5

Same ones I used for my friends office pool:

Preds over Coyotes in 6
    Kings over Blues in 7
    Flyers over Devils in 5
    Caps over Rangers in 7
    Last edited by Darthvendor; 2012-04-27 at 02:53 PM.

i just cant picture the blues beating the kings. only way i see the blues winning this series is if quick plays like trash, which i find HIGHLY doubtful. all other predictions are pretty spot on tho.

although i see the flyers destroying njd much much faster than what people are predicting, and that is not only because i have joined the giant ass bandwagon.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-04-27 at 02:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good night for me last night. Ottawa lost and the Devils won. Sorry I wasn't around, I decided to go out for a change.

Phoenix Nashville tonight. Not that anyone really cares..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of a nerd goes out.

Nashville > Phoenix in 7
    Blues > Kings in 7

Rangers > Caps in 6
    Flyers > Devils in 5 UNLESS THE BEST GOALIE OF ALL TIME SHOWS UP

My predictions:

LAK in 7
    NSH in 5
    NYR in 6
    PHI in 7
    CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3.0) // Corsair AX650 // Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB // Kingston HyperX 120GB
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H WB // Intel 3570K // [HEATSINK?] // Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4GB // Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB OC
    Dell U2312HM // Logitech Z313 // Logitech C525 // Steelseries Sensei // Steelseries Shift

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    i just cant picture the blues beating the kings. only way i see the blues winning this series is if quick plays like trash, which i find HIGHLY doubtful. all other predictions are pretty spot on tho.

although i see the flyers destroying njd much much faster than what people are predicting, and that is not only because i have joined the giant ass bandwagon.
    I can easily see the Blues killing the Kings in 5 or 6. Sure, Quick is a superhuman android with lightning reflexes, but Elliott will be on the other side, and that guy is also pretty awesome. As a whole, the Blues are a much more complete team, they have defense, offense and a great goalie. LA has Quick, a decent defense and very little offense. Even Quick will not be able to keep everything out of his net.

Also I'd like to remind all of you that the Flyers defense played like shit pretty much the whole series against the Pens and they weren't utterly destroyed because the Pens were even worse. If they don't change rapidly I can really see the Devils having a pretty decent shot at the conference finals.

/edit: Lundqvist, Malkin, Stamkos nominated for Hart. This one will probably be Malkins.
    Last edited by mmoceaf424ea73; 2012-04-27 at 05:49 PM.

The Devils needs to sure up their Penalty Killing unit, because the Flyers PP is absolutely insane at the moment, over 52%. If they struggle to kill off penalties, it won't matter about our defense - you saw what a strong special teams was capable of doing to a dysfunctional Penguins defense.

Also, if the Flyers play D like we did in Game 6 - I don't think anyone in the east can beat us. 40 blocked shots, Bryz was able to make some remarkable saves - only allowing a single (beautiful shot mind you) goal from Malkin.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    I can easily see the Blues killing the Kings in 5 or 6. Sure, Quick is a superhuman android with lightning reflexes, but Elliott will be on the other side, and that guy is also pretty awesome. As a whole, the Blues are a much more complete team, they have defense, offense and a great goalie. LA has Quick, a decent defense and very little offense. Even Quick will not be able to keep everything out of his net.

Also I'd like to remind all of you that the Flyers defense played like shit pretty much the whole series against the Pens and they weren't utterly destroyed because the Pens were even worse. If they don't change rapidly I can really see the Devils having a pretty decent shot at the conference finals.

/edit: Lundqvist, Malkin, Stamkos nominated for Hart. This one will probably be Malkins.
    the blues were playing sj, and while i have much respect and adoration for the sharks (why i'm a sharks fan), they couldn't handle them all season long, and i knew they didn't stand a fighting chance versus them in round 1. the kings on the other hand (and as much as it pains me to say this) were playing superbly versus vancouver, which is a much much much much.... stronger team than sj, especially in playoff hockey, and took em out (hell they embarrassed them). yeah the blues have solid offence and defense, yeah the blues have elliot, but they have no chance vs the kings who are hot right now and are only going to get hotter.

i love to be proven wrong, and i wont speak up about anything unless i'm 100% gut feeling. so prove me wrong blues.... prove me wrong. same goes for the devils.

side note* did any of you guys hear about all those racist tweets about joel ward after his game winning goal for the caps? they apparently were not just being tweeted by americans but also canadians. this world makes me sick way to often.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-04-27 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Pretty good night for me last night. Ottawa lost and the Devils won. Sorry I wasn't around, I decided to go out for a change.

Go Phoenix! Toronto didn't make it again and all my Canadian teams are out. So I guess I'll just go for the team with the most Canadian players now lol.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Nominating a player from a team that missed the play-offs (Thus failed in the regular season.) for the MVP of the league is rather odd. Whatever, this has never seemed to bother the votes before.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Nashville in 6
    St Louis is 5
    Philly in 6 IF BRODUER DOESNT SHOW UP, NJD in 7 IF HE DOES.
    Rangers in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was the only one in IRC chat who picked both Devils and Rangers to win.

Just disappointed my stomach gave out during second OT intermission, so a belated I Told You So (especially to Irony)

Nashville 4 << Too good defensively, even if refs will stuff the whistle to make Phoenix look better... This is the best defensive team in the NHL.
    St Louis 5 << Quick is good, but St. Louis as a whole is amazing with the best chemistry in the NHL right now.
    Rangers 6 << Rangers are just the better team; Washington is far too dependent on Holtby to win and they just aren't defensively sound.
    Devils 7 << It's Phili's series to lose, and I expect their goalies to let them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Nominating a player from a team that missed the play-offs (Thus failed in the regular season.) for the MVP of the league is rather odd. Whatever, this has never seemed to bother the votes before.
    Its an individual award, not a team award.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Its an individual award, not a team award.
    It's supposed to be awarded to the most valuable player to their team, and even though Stamkos was amazing this season, him and his team failed to qualify in the regular season, thus failed the season.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.