15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

PAVEL. FUCKING. DATSYUK.
    that doesnt even show his brilliance on the other end of the ice. bad clip is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Um it was a straight elbow to the back of the head. I would be shocked if there's no suspension. It was dirty.
    yea it would be pretty incredible if they suddenly stopped caring about head shots, I wonder how long of a suspension

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...203446&lang=en the full play.

Also anyone seeing the #1 team in the East right now? looool
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-20 at 06:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...203446&lang=en the full play.

Also anyone seeing the #1 team in the East right now? looool
    its montreal. they will blow it sooner or later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget this from last night for Datsyuk too:

The second play in that video where he tucks it through on guy then uses his skate to kick it to his stick to play it back to the point is just ridiculous. There isn't a guy in sports I'd rather watch. That goal though. That was some EA NHL level ridiculous its just wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Don't forget this from last night for Datsyuk too:

The second play in that video where he tucks it through on guy then uses his skate to kick it to his stick to play it back to the point is just ridiculous. There isn't a guy in sports I'd rather watch. That goal though. That was some EA NHL level ridiculous its just wow.

each and every night im glad im a red wing fan. if only to watch Pavel Fucking Datsyuk dangle the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lindy Ruff fired by Buffalo

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416441

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best chance for him to win a Hart trophy since it's unquestionably the worst Detroit team he's had around him during his tenure. If he can have a superb season and Detroit gets like a 4 seed I would think he's a strong candidate to win it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the best chance for him to win a Hart trophy since it's unquestionably the worst Detroit team he's had around him during his tenure. If he can have a superb season and Detroit gets like a 4 seed I would think he's a strong candidate to win it.
    no because all that the voters look at is goals/points. they will probably be expecting 55+ points for the hart and Datsyuk won't get that.

Sucks for Ruff.. Genuinely one of the good guys out there (not a coach, he's a good person). That team has always been a weird one. When they have talent, they underperform. When no one expects them to do shit, they go to the conference finals. Guess the management had enough of the back and forth. What coaches are even available right now to replace him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    yea it would be pretty incredible if they suddenly stopped caring about head shots, I wonder how long of a suspension
    Well I never went back and watched the replay, only saw it live and on the replay as they were showing it during the game. What I took from it was that the puck was in the air leaving the zone and Hossa and Hansen both reached and hopped to play it with their hands. When Hossa came down he hit Hansen's outstretched elbow because his arm was up to play the puck or at least reach for it. It didn't even look to be that hard of a hit to me, and there didn't appear to be any forward force from Hansen's elbow.

That was what I thought occurred, but like I said I didn't go back and look at it after the game. My hopes are that Hossa was just shaken up and taking precautionary leave because of his history.

Well, I see Hansen is going to the board for a disciplinary hearing. I honestly don't think he intended to injure Hossa on the play, so we'll see how that goes. I would imagine he'll face some sort of suspension for reckless play
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-02-20 at 09:09 PM.

Dude's glove was closed. No way he's trying to catch that puck - looks quite intentional.

EDIT: Does the NHL website (or any other site) have a list of suspended/fined people who are still active NHL players? I'm just curious, not necessarily related to this incident.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Sucks for Ruff.. Genuinely one of the good guys out there (not a coach, he's a good person). That team has always been a weird one. When they have talent, they underperform. When no one expects them to do shit, they go to the conference finals. Guess the management had enough of the back and forth. What coaches are even available right now to replace him?
    See, the problem with Buffalo is they lack direction and their new owner felt that Ruff wasn't doing a good job. Well, if the coach is failing at getting the players to play well, then maybe the GM needs to get the players that the coach can work with. All I know is that come tomorrow night, the Sabres will be once again crying over another loss, and they should be looking at blowing that franchise up big time and starting from the bottom because it's clear the roster lacks direction in terms of play style and they are letting one of the best goalies in the league rot behind such a shitty team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Dude's glove was closed. No way he's trying to catch that puck - looks quite intentional.
    Jannik Hansen gets 1 game for the hit on Hossa - reckless and with a closed fist by the time he gets within reach of the puck, but not hard and not intending to injure.

1 game is totally fair for the reckless play and I'm okay with it. It's not like Jannik is a dirty player, nor is he likely to re-offend anytime soon.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2013-02-21 at 01:04 AM.

Intention is a tricky thing. Intent to injure? I agree, probably not. Intent to deliver a high forearm to an unsuspecting opponent? Absolutely. I wasn't expecting a 5 game suspension here, but at least the league will have their eye on him if he does happen to cross the line again.

Also, I definitely remember that dude doing some pretty bogus shit during the cup finals 2 years ago. Provoked, absolutely, and emotions run high in the playoffs, but he levelled someone who wasn't even near the puck, and gave someone a not-so-kosher spear to the groin after a whistle iirc.

Edit: was Andrew Ference he hit out of nowhere apparently after getting high sticked by someone else.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2013-02-21 at 03:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This philly / pitts game is pretty good, was 3-1 flyers then 5-3 flyers, pens tied it up + had a disallowed goal and now philly just made it 6-5. Pennsylvania shit goaltending strikes again. If it wasn't for Pierre I'd be loving this broadcast.

Joey Mac actually played a solid game but the Flames just don't have a talented enough top line to beat a really weak looking Kings team. Was pretty funny just waiting for the TSN dudes to just be like man the Flames suck dick. Took them to the 3rd period to mention rebuilding, I expected it at least in the 2nd. Bernier looked great, I'd like to see us take a run at him hopefully. Maybe L.A. wants Bouwmeester for the playoffs if they make it? Bouwmeester and someone else Lombardi pls.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-21 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    even with 3 D-men injured I like the guys LA has out there, the wings are another story, Gagne and Penner racking up healthy scratches, lots of natural centers playing wing and they don't know what to do on the faceoff and its resulting in lots of ugly goals off faceoffs, I'd rather they send off one of these wings that is on the fringe of the lineup or one of the many centers, along with Bernier, to get a reliable forward

they were fortunate today that Calgary is so completely lost when it comes to faceoffs, the announcers tried to be kind to the Flames for awhile but they were getting outworked every step of the way, I also thought MacDonald had a pretty good game, he absolutely robbed Kopitar a couple of times

Doughty had another minus game, -10 on the season, this time it was Dwight King forgetting what to do in his own zone, but still -10, yeesh, he's gonna have the type of year that Brian Leetch did when he had 30+ points on the powerplay but was -30 with even strength being a nightmare

15+ Year Old Account
    even with 3 D-men injured I like the guys LA has out there, the wings are another story, Gagne and Penner racking up healthy scratches, lots of natural centers playing wing and they don't know what to do on the faceoff and its resulting in lots of ugly goals off faceoffs, I'd rather they send off one of these wings that is on the fringe of the lineup or one of the many centers, along with Bernier, to get a reliable forward

they were fortunate today that Calgary is so completely lost when it comes to faceoffs, the announcers tried to be kind to the Flames for awhile but they were getting outworked every step of the way, I also thought MacDonald had a pretty good game, he absolutely robbed Kopitar a couple of times

Doughty had another minus game, -10 on the season, this time it was Dwight King forgetting what to do in his own zone, but still -10, yeesh, he's gonna have the type of year that Brian Leetch did when he had 30+ points on the powerplay but was -30 with even strength being a nightmare
    the wings have lost 106 man games so far this season to injuries. to put that in perspective, imagine having 6.5 people injured for every game you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um it was a straight elbow to the back of the head. I would be shocked if there's no suspension. It was dirty.
    One day suspension? = http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Kings looked really weak out there, Calgary made them look a lot better than they actually were. I'd be really concerned if I was a fan of a team who just dominated the playoffs not too long ago. I doubt they make the playoffs if they play like that, back end of a 2 game 2 night situation or not. If you look at who is all in the playoffs right now, you have to ask which of those teams are gonna crash out for L.A. to slide in. Chicago, Anaheim, Vancouver, Nashville, St. Louis, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas? With Detroit, Minnesota and Edmonton along with the Kings on the outside looking in. Dallas and Phoenix are the only 2 teams I can see failing and even then the Coyotes have been a stable playoff team with a good coach. It's still quite early but they need that team to start actually playing to their potential. Pretty weird situation, on paper they're a really good looking team. But with all these streaky players you never know when they'll be hot or cold. Brown was pretty quiet last night, barely noticed him outside the first period.