10+ Year Old Account
    nice to see that idiot downie move to western conf

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i'm more concerned about what they ignore. i can count normally between 2-3 penalties that detroit has ignored, meanwhile the other team has 9-10 normally. i want fairness and equality. if that means detroit takes 3-4 more penalties a game, i'm ok with that. but the game against San Jose is a good example where San Jose got away with 4 HIGH STICKS, 3 of them in the last 10 minutes in the 3rd.
    Exactly. I don't care about every powerplay refs don't give the Leafs. I hate seeing things like:
    * Spezza sitting on Reimer's head, to score a goal - refs not calling interference (unallowed to review), saying the puck was kicked in when it wasn't. Good job reviewing the kick in that never happened! It was a 1 goal game. Cost us at least 1 point, more likely 2.
    * Bozak being called on goalie interference (can't review) after getting a goal on Pittsburgh at the start of a game. Pittsburgh ties it up with four seconds left. Leafs lose in overtime. Disallowed goal cost us the point (overtime loss at least, gave Pittsburgh an extra two).
    * Leafs getting about 16 minutes in a period worth of penalties when playing Washington Capitals.
    * Rangers scoring on Phili, refs not noticing the puck went in the net (slap shot, the back of the net moved), they let play continue for ten seconds.
    * Karlsson tripped by Getzlaf, but refs don't call anything because Karlsson is getting a reputation as a diver (and I have NO love for Ottawa).
    * Perry scoring a game winner after he tripped Jokinen, no call.
    [I love Anaheim as a team and from an unbiased perspective; these are just b.s. calls though.]
    * Columbus losing a point, possibly two, because of a clock malfunction
    * Rangers getting clock blocked a couple days ago.
    * NHL Winter Classic [Torterella was fined for saying it.]

Obviously more Leafs ones I've noted because I watch them much more than other teams.
    There's plenty of ways for refs to blow calls besides amount of times gone on the powerplay or penalty kill. I'll exclude the Rangers clock one, because that's beyond a reasonable expectation for a ref to know. Every other one I listed has (very likely) cost a team at least one point. Every point matters now too, especially for teams like Toronto, Ottawa, and Washington.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Quincy to Detroit. Hopefully this will cut down the ice time Ericsson plays come the playoffs.
    That was a freaking weird ass series of trades. Yzerman flips Downie to Colorado for Quincey. Then proceeds to flip Quincey to Detroit for a first round pick and a prospect. So Ken Holland trades a first for a player the Wings cut three years ago and Yzerman essentially flipped Steve freaking Downie for a first round pick. Not bad.

However, fucking Ken Holland always trading Detroit's first round picks. Every freaking year. I think the Wings have drafted in the first round something like 4 years out of the last 11 because Holland always dismisses the value of that pick. If you are going to dismiss that pick use it to poach someones damn RFA, not trade for little to meh return every year because their talent evaluators can pluck stars from mid-late rounds constantly. For the cost of a first and third you can poach some teams $3.1-$4.7 million RFA.

Oh well, glad we got Qunicey back, plus his rights for next year, for a return Holland wasn't going to use to do shit anyways. Defensive depth ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    2-1 nj, atm

typical pussy... guy gets rocked.. goon has to fight..
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-02-22 at 12:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    2-1 nj, atm

typical pussy... guy gets rocked.. goon has to fight..
    Don't you just love that? Same thing happened in the Wings game against the Sharks. Abs put a decent hit on a guy at the blue line and next thing you know Clowe is going after him initiating a fight. The NHL either needs to get rid of the instigator penalty totally or they actually need to bust it out in situations where guys start meaningless fights and scrums after someone lands a perfectly legal check on them or their teammate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto needs to stay out of the fucking box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Toronto needs to stay out of the fucking box.

and there own end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That was a freaking weird ass series of trades. Yzerman flips Downie to Colorado for Quincey. Then proceeds to flip Quincey to Detroit for a first round pick and a prospect. So Ken Holland trades a first for a player the Wings cut three years ago and Yzerman essentially flipped Steve freaking Downie for a first round pick. Not bad.

However, fucking Ken Holland always trading Detroit's first round picks. Every freaking year. I think the Wings have drafted in the first round something like 4 years out of the last 11 because Holland always dismisses the value of that pick. If you are going to dismiss that pick use it to poach someones damn RFA, not trade for little to meh return every year because their talent evaluators can pluck stars from mid-late rounds constantly. For the cost of a first and third you can poach some teams $3.1-$4.7 million RFA.

Oh well, glad we got Qunicey back, plus his rights for next year, for a return Holland wasn't going to use to do shit anyways. Defensive depth ftw!
    To be fair to Quincy being cut by us, our defense was insanely deep that year. I'm glad we picked him up tbh, has a lot of upside for a small contract and will be a good 4-5 D-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    and vancouver needed 9 just to make it through the playoffs. and had 3 left by the end of it

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Seeing the Sharks losing horribly to Columbus is amusing.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    To be fair to Quincy being cut by us, our defense was insanely deep that year. I'm glad we picked him up tbh, has a lot of upside for a small contract and will be a good 4-5 D-man.
    Ya I like that we got him back. I liked him when he was with the Wings for short stretches and in camp in like 2006 and 2007. He has developed into a guy who is a real solid defensive depth guy on a team with a solid top pair. He was playing big minutes for the Avs and performing for a pretty mediocre team. Plus he plays special teams which is always a nice benefit. Its a decent trade that is on par with the stuff Holland usually does. I'd love to see a blockbuster addition with our nutty cap space this season and next though.

---------- Post added 2012-02-21 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Seeing the Sharks losing horribly to Columbus is amusing.
    Phoenix is going to catch the Sharks for division lead tonight (Sharks still will have two games in hand though). I love that there is a chance that the team that doesn't win the Pacific completely drops out of the playoffs lol. The Central has four teams better than the best team in that division.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Don't you just love that? Same thing happened in the Wings game against the Sharks. Abs put a decent hit on a guy at the blue line and next thing you know Clowe is going after him initiating a fight. The NHL either needs to get rid of the instigator penalty totally or they actually need to bust it out in situations where guys start meaningless fights and scrums after someone lands a perfectly legal check on them or their teammate.
    I won't complain if teams get penalties every time Phaneuf sees a player with their heads down. Overall, I don't think that would be good for the game though. Douches will just wait a shift to make the hit and people who honestly believe the hit was over the top will be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    wooo 2-2

come on leafs

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice goal by MacArthur down low with the NJ defence out of position in a 2 on 1

15+ Year Old Account
    Chicago - 2 Dives, 2 Power plays.
    seriously wtf?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    seriously wtf?
    Don't worry, the Devils are diving too and aren't getting called for it, nor are the little slashes that they wind up calling against the Leafs, but stuff the whistles when the Devils do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously wtf?
    Ill admit Kanes was a dive, but the first one was a good call.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Ill admit Kanes was a dive, but the first one was a good call.
    Homer didn't even touch him. seriously, his stick was not between his legs, it barely touched his skate and the Hawk went down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homer didn't even touch him. seriously, his stick was not between his legs, it barely touched his skate and the Hawk went down.
    Ill check the highlights later, I can assure to you Leddy didn't embellish the trip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Ill check the highlights later, I can assure to you Leddy didn't embellish the trip.
    he lost an edge than, either way, it wasn't a power play deserving play.