15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Apparently Detroit is starting a goalie I've never heard of today. O_o
    petr mrazek, its his 2nd start. first was a 5-1 whooping of stl.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man Nashville is dead last in goals per game but first in goals against per game. Those are some low scoring games

I would never offer O'Reilly more than 2 years, 2.85 per right now. Need to see if last year was progress, or just an exception. If a team wants to offersheet him for less than 3.5 per year, I'd keep him. If above, depends on the team, but I'd probably let him walk for the first/third rounder. That being said, I don't think anyone would offersheet him to over 3.5 per year as it is. And if they did, they're overpaying.

I don't really see this as 'Colorado being cheap' so much as 'a player wanting more money than he's probably worth'.

Not even half a point per game in his NHL career. Never made point per game in junior. I have to imagine his numbers last year were slightly inflated because Duchene missed like 25 games. I dunno. I support the team on this one (unlike Subban and Benn, where I leaned more towards the player).

EDIT: Apparently Colorado HAS offered 3.25 per year for 2 years. I'd take that if I was O'Reilly and work my ass off to get a better contract after that.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2013-02-17 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Detroit is starting a goalie I've never heard of today. O_o
    He's amazing. World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Best goaltender, for a garbage Czech team that was eliminated in the quarters.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seabrook looks to have taken a puck to the mommy daddy button.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    He's amazing. World Junior Ice Hockey Championships Best goaltender, for a garbage Czech team that was eliminated in the quarters.
    Interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroits outplaying Minnesota...in Minnesota. with all the injuries we have...

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 06:52 PM ----------

Interesting.
    depending on how he does this season (Provided he gets enough starts to do a good showing of himself) id be tempted to make him our starter. Jimmy gives up a LOT of soft goals.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 07:28 PM ----------

typical of Detroit this season. up 2-0 and now down 3-2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can we get some goaltending holy fuck. MacDonald literally doesn't ever stop anything that's not shot directly at him. Dude is always falling backwards, is extremely sluggish, can't track the puck, and can't control rebounds. Couple of the goals there was some terrible defense but my god man make a fucking save please. And to top it all off he still has a Detroit helmet on, ffs.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-02-18 at 12:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Can we get some goaltending holy fuck. MacDonald literally doesn't ever stop anything that's not shot directly at him. Dude is always falling backwards, is extremely sluggish, can't track the puck, and can't control rebounds. Couple of the goals there was some terrible defense but my god man make a fucking save please.
    Conscript told you he was a bad goalie...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but unfortunately I can't make them play a different goalie or even have another goalie who can at least keep us in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    can someone locate a weapon please? id like to kill myself with the way the wings are playing. its not hte injuries, i understand that. its the fact that we cant get them to play more than 20-25 minutes of hockey in a game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Conscript told you he was a bad goalie...
    Leafs Nation knows all too well about Joey Mac, he had a couple of decent games in Toronto but he was a shit backup on a shit team, things just didn't work out.

Oh well, now we have Reimer and Scrivezina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Leafs Nation knows all too well about Joey Mac, he had a couple of decent games in Toronto but he was a shit backup on a shit team, things just didn't work out.

Oh well, now we have Reimer and Scrivezina
    Joey Mac seems to go to superhuman levels about every 6th game. unfortunately that doesnt offset the first 5 games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow we came back and won. Scratching my head @ our 4th line scoring the eventual game winner but I'll take it I guess. Dallas' D is quite awful, they prob should have spent the money that they gave Whitney on a solid defenseman. Didn't help that Lehtonen is on IR, he started off strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is goalie interference just not a thing anymore? Both Emery and Luongo got steamrolled today, both with no calls...

On a side note, ill post some thumbnails of the Hockey City Classic later...

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    So is goalie interference just not a thing anymore? Both Emery and Luongo got steamrolled today, both with no calls...

On a side note, ill post some thumbnails of the Hockey City Classic later...
    I'm picturing a Ryan Miller meme with a not impressed face.

WTF Sharks, stop being so bad.

I don't know what it is. Scrivens got knocked over yesterday on a could've-gone-either-way no call and then 2 seconds later got a tiny bump not in the blue paint, embellished the tits off it and drew a penalty.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the worst thing to see, refs biting on a make up call. See it all the time where they just miss an obvious penalty just to call one 30 seconds later on a way weaker play. Or it happens a couple plays later and in that case is just sad to see. I'm pretty sure it's mainly human error, they knew they should have blown the whistle and try to make up for it on any play that makes sense. I also wonder if they try to even up the amount of penalties they call by having a lesser tolerance for stick plays when they've penalized one team more than the other. Officiating has been a bit shakey so far this season from what I've noticed in the Calgary games, nothing too outrageous but some games are called a bit more lenient than others and I wish it was more consistent.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone needs to tell Chicago to stop winning. If they win the President's trophy, they are going to be eliminated in the first round just like Vancouver usually does.

If the playoffs were to start today, the Leafs would have a joke match up against Carolina. Who would have thought that almost 1/3rd into the season, the Leafs would still be in the thick of the playoff race.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-02-18 at 02:18 PM.