10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Jets traded for Budaj and Holland. Then proceed to place both on waivers. Holland will be left alone, but I expect another team looking for a back up to pick up Budaj. Islanders or Pens. Or pretty much any team in the east.

Edit: I also would like it if the NHL implemented the crossover rule the CFL has. If only for the Wildcard spots. If a team in the West has more pts than a team in the east but is out of the playoff spots in the west. They have the potential to take a wildcard spot from the east and vice versa.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2014-10-06 at 05:20 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see anything about them being put on waivers? Why in the world would they dump Budaj

10+ Year Old Account
    Who would want Budaj? He's pretty terrible, Montreal would've grabbed somebody off the street rather than let him play last postseason.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know who Winnipeg's #2 is right now, it was Montoya last year and he's gone now

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't even know who Winnipeg's #2 is right now, it was Montoya last year and he's gone now
    Hutchison or something?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I seriously don't get Leafs management. Sending Nylander back to Sweden, what the fuck does that do for his development? He looked pretty mediocre on the North American ice, why have him play on a different ice surface when he could get top 3 minutes in the AHL?
    It was a good, expected and obvious call. He can develop a lot more physically in Sweden than in AHL. His physique is the area he needs to develop (as it is for most players that young). I think I explained this quite thoroughly earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Winnipeg does with it's prospects is that it sends a Strength and Conditioning coach with them if they go back to junior or the minors. At least they do this with their first and second round picks. It helps them get physically ready to play in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I didn't see anything about them being put on waivers? Why in the world would they dump Budaj
    I Think MTL Is gonna roll with Price and Tokarski

10+ Year Old Account
    2 days still season starts.

So ready for some hockey, even If i have to watch it on mute with it being on Sportsnet

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    damien cox though how can you mute him!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I mean like Kyperos, Millard etc

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Yeah, I know, I try to mute the tv but I can still hear his obnoxious voice in my head.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It was a good, expected and obvious call. He can develop a lot more physically in Sweden than in AHL. His physique is the area he needs to develop (as it is for most players that young). I think I explained this quite thoroughly earlier.
    The problem is that he can get away and slack off without Leafs management constantly breathing down his neck to get prepared to play in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Yeah, I know, I try to mute the tv but I can still hear his obnoxious voice in my head.
    At least he isn't Steve Simmons, that guy is a douche of a weasel who needs to be booted in the head with a sharp hockey skate, blade first. I wish nothing but ill will on a guy who publicly tries to troll athletes and teams with shitcan articles and trolling players on Twitter like he did to Bautista the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The problem is that he can get away and slack off without Leafs management constantly breathing down his neck to get prepared to play in the NHL.
    Honestly, he already has the skill set to play in the NHL - they just want him to get stronger. It's not like he's going to get weaker playing in Sweden, because he's 18... his body is still going to be developing no matter where he is. At least in Sweden, he will be comfortable, have his family to help him out, and not have such a bright spotlight on every single step he takes. If he's on the Marlies, every week (seriously every week) some asshole in the media will write about how he had a giveaway in a game, or how he isn't with the big club yet, and what that means. This way, they can kind of shelter him and let him just keep playing his game. There aren't many top-10 picks these days who don't have the self-motivation to do what it takes to make the NHL. I'm confident he'll be fine and most likely playing in the NHL next season (and maybe even sometime later this year if longterm injuries happen).

Will make a post later with my fanciful predictions for division rankings and trophies. If my MLB postseason guesses were any indication, I will be completely wrong about every single thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    them's ugly

Agreed, those are...hideous as fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler going to play on the same line? If so, is Getzlaf or Kesler moving to the wing? Ducks scare me..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe on the same power play unit but they wouldent have any depth outside their top lane if they put all their eggs in that 1 basket.

I would keep Kesler on another line. Penguins got their asses handed to them when they put all their top talent on one line for a few whole games because teams like the Rangers would just keep their top defensive unit on the ice at the same time. You already know Perry and Getzlaf will have chemistry with anyone else, better off letting Kesler have some chances with weaker defensive units.