Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    How is minnesota winning just "one person being rewarded for paying their dues" lol?
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    The thing about Forsberg is he was so fucking dominant so early... then he got passed... by a couple guys. Yes, he only 'lost' the rookie point race by 1 point, but he managed 13 points in his last 27 games after putting up 50 in his first 55. He was the big news story for the first half (for rookies especially), but he kind of sputtered down the stretch while Gaudreau and especially Stone started to dominate and made headlines on a daily basis. For comparison, Gaudreau had 24 points in his last 27 (vs 40 in his first 53). Stone had 31(!!!!) in his last 27 (vs 33 in his first 53).

This wasn't a random '27 games' for me, either - this was the last 2 months pretty well for each of these teams, give or take a couple days.

Now, the more impressive thing is that Forsberg led his team in scoring, while the other 2 guys were both 2nd.

All of this being said, my choice after looking at all the stats, all the numbers, and looking at how big of a part he was of his team going on an insane stretch of hockey (22-4-4 over the last 2 months) would be Stone. Yes, Hammond was a big part as well, but let's be honest - he faltered for a couple weeks, and his team picked up the slack on offense, and Stone was a huge part of that. If you had asked me 2 weeks ago, I still would have taken Gaudreau... this season was nuts.

And finally... thank god this season is over. I don't have to think about the Leafs or any of their bullshit for a while after this coming Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the Devils are willing to trade their 1st this year if they don't win the lottery in order to obtain some more offense. Dear Shanahan... My not caring about the Leafs lasted a couple hours, guys.
    Oddly enough, it also coincides with the rest of the team deciding to play like garbage around him, the kid can't do it alone, although on nights he tried and damn near succeeded. Forsberg's drop has little to do with his game, and rather to do with the players around him. Neal out, Ribs struggling ( no doubt the lawsuit isn't helping), Smith can't hit the back of the net most of the time. Frankly his lack of numbers in the second half was little on him and more on his team ( also doesn't help he had at least 3 goals waived off this year for no reason other than the Ref was stupid). You can set guys up all day long, generate offense all you want, but if the team does nothing to with it, ain't much you can do. Also didn't help the no one has a clue what the coaches are trying to do with the PP, its bad, and its not because of the guys on the ice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its bandwagon time I guess I could fill the Red Wings void, but then I like the Lightning too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i222/XmDragon/2015BracketNHL_zpsyhyqrukc.png

I set up my bracket. I may or may not be biased.
    Mine's pretty similar to what yours would be if you replace your extreme amount of bias with my slightly less amount of bias (as well as flipped Caps with Isles).

http://imgur.com/bVadnK0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If its bandwagon time I guess I could fill the Red Wings void, but then I like the Lightning too.
    You can do as I do and root for all the Canadian teams to fail miserably. You're guaranteed two first round exists this year!
    Last edited by Greeney; 2015-04-14 at 05:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    You can do as I do and root for all the Canadian teams to fail miserably. You're guaranteed two first round exists this year!
    Well I do that as a matter of course

Vancouver and Montreal at least
    Last edited by draynay; 2015-04-14 at 06:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's looking like Sam Bennett will draw into the lineup for game 1. Putting all our cards on the table!

It's looking like Sam Bennett will draw into the lineup for game 1. Putting all our cards on the table!
    must mean that Bouma is still out?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Fiala called up ( although looking like he won't start which sucks cause the kid is dangerous). Fisher has something going on which is bad bad bad for us. Second line falls apart without him, and the PK gets even worse. Really hoping some of this rest guys have gotten of late helps.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I set up our bracket challenge league here, member you have to register first. Toxigen is the defending champion.

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/?loc...#/league/66677
    Still missing brackets from Rennadrel, Draynay, Tradewind, and Armourboy.

I suppose I can, I don't really care though lol.

There, I almost put Calgary to the finals, but I had to give in to reason when STL is charging through.

- - - Updated - - -

Just bought my tickets for game 3 boys, paid 280 each for 2nd bowl and now prices are upwards of 400+ per ticket wow.
    Wait, how did you get tickets on the 12th? I didn't think they had actually released them until the 13th.

That said, the prices for second hand tickets are extortionate now. Even mine for the Kings game last week were way too much. There needs to be fuckin' rules in place for this shit for selling above face value.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-14 at 11:00 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Wait, how did you get tickets on the 12th? I didn't think they had actually released them until the 13th.

That said, the prices for second hand tickets are extortionate now. Even mine for the Kings game last week were way too much. There needs to be fuckin' rules in place for this shit for selling above face value.
    Season ticket holders get early ones and sell them. Lots of distribution companies buy them aswell. Also Bouma is probably out for awhile it looks like.

Season ticket holders get early ones and sell them. Lots of distribution companies buy them aswell. Also Bouma is probably out for awhile it looks like.
    There's fucking press level tickets going for $200+ on stubhub and kijiji...that's just fucked.

Maybe I'll get lucky with the registration thing. I don't mind watching at home, but the april 19 game is one I would love to see live.

I may or may not have signed up about 30 email addresses for it...
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-14 at 11:29 PM.

Mine should be there, I did it a day or so ago.

Its there now, for some reason it didn't add me to the league.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2015-04-14 at 11:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    There's fucking press level tickets going for $200+ on stubhub and kijiji...that's just fucked.

Maybe I'll get lucky with the registration thing. I don't mind watching at home, but the april 19 game is one I would love to see live.

I may or may not have signed up about 30 email addresses for it...
    Yeah it's rough man, as soon as I got home from the game vs L.A. I bought them off stubhub.com and they were 280~ then for middle bowl.

I predict every last one of my predictions will be hilariously wrong, but I tossed in my brackets for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    I predict every last one of my predictions will be hilariously wrong, but I tossed in my brackets for the hell of it.
    I'm actually rooting against my bracket for the most part

10+ Year Old Account
    Received my press passes today! Don La Greca is going to have to put up my yelling and screaming again lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like Christmas morning! So god damn excited PLAYOFFS TONIGHT!

It begins!

I got some presents for the Canucks at the end of this series