Toronto right now has lost all confidence in there goal tending and it shows. Hugely. The team they were in front of Reimer is a different team they are in front of Gustavsson and Scrivens. I mostly blame the front office for not finding a decent back up, in the three years Gustavsson has been in Toronto, he has only proven he has no business in the NHL. He consistently lets in the soft goals, he consistently makes overall BAD choices.

I also, partially blame that runt of a bitch from the Montreal Canadians named Brian Gionta who got away with a OPEN elbow to the head of Reimer. I don't care if your a Montreal fan or a Toronto fan, bottom fucking line, when you skate through the opposing team's crease with your elbow out and DON'T make contact with the goalie, THAT WOULD BE WEIRD. When you are in a goalies crease, you will make contact with him 10 out of 10 times because THAT's where he is! Watch the replay, he skates right in and hits the goalie, no one pushes him, hes not forced in, he just skates in and elbows him in the head. How the hell did that not get a suspension and a another highlight video from Mr. Shanahan, I will never know.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Yeah I picked Leino as well. He has to be the biggest bust this year so far. You'd think with all the talent on Buffalo that he'd be doing much better. Hopefully he picks it up soon damn it. haha. BTW Subban and Kronwall? Really? There are much better d-men you could have picked. :P
    Yeah I'm kicking myself for not taking Edler or Wideman.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I also, partially blame that runt of a bitch from the Montreal Canadians named Brian Gionta who got away with a OPEN elbow to the head of Reimer. I don't care if your a Montreal fan or a Toronto fan, bottom fucking line, when you skate through the opposing team's crease with your elbow out and DON'T make contact with the goalie, THAT WOULD BE WEIRD. When you are in a goalies crease, you will make contact with him 10 out of 10 times because THAT's where he is! Watch the replay, he skates right in and hits the goalie, no one pushes him, hes not forced in, he just skates in and elbows him in the head. How the hell did that not get a suspension and a another highlight video from Mr. Shanahan, I will never know.
    Actually Reimer was outside of the crease and Gionta had his back to Reimer. No way was it intentional, and no way it deserves a suspension.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Now again I ask you guys again, how the fuck can the Blackhawks lose for the 3th time in a ROW? Srsly, what the hell have happened the past games, they should have beaten St. Louis, really. It all looked so good, and now what the fuck 3 lost games in a row. I said it in the past; WAKE THE FUCK UP CHICAGO. :< Sad panda is really sad this morning...
    Well, Coach Q was not happy with the performance against Vancouver, so he changed all the lines COMPLETELY. We had fucking John Scott on D, like wth... The lines were not working at all against the blues. They need to get Car bomb with Hossa n Kane again, put stalberg sharp toews on the line 1, and brunette with mayers and kruger... AND never fucking play John Scott ever again, the guys an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Actually Reimer was outside of the crease and Gionta had his back to Reimer. No way was it intentional, and no way it deserves a suspension.
    What really surprises me is that Gionta was able to hurt anyone other than Nathan Gerbe.
    (Gionta is the second-smallest player in the NHL, at 5'7", after Nathan Gerbe at 5'5".)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What really surprises me is that Gionta was able to hurt anyone other than Nathan Gerbe.
    (Gionta is the second-smallest player in the NHL, at 5'7", after Nathan Gerbe at 5'5".)
    Optimus Cardboard... er Reimer just wasn't feeling it that game. :P

Nah, just looks like a freak accident that ended hitting him in the perfect place for this. When I first saw this during the game I thought he was just drawing a penalty. Sucks, hopefully he gets back to playing soon.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, just looks like a freak accident that ended hitting him in the perfect place for this. When I first saw this during the game I thought he was just drawing a penalty. Sucks, hopefully he gets back to playing soon.
    Yeah, him being out is really hurting the Leafs. Gustavsson is a lot like Luongo, in that he can play really well when he wants to - but when he doesn't, he's just awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, him being out is really hurting the Leafs. Gustavsson is a lot like Luongo, in that he can play really well when he wants to - but when he doesn't, he's just awful.
    He reminds me of this Goalie who played for Carolina and then signed with Ottawa, he was a great goalie until a back up started playing well, so the pressure got to him and he started to try and do too much. Toronto might as well just start Scrivens and make him their backup as the cheaper alternative.

Really wish I could remember the name of the Goalie I'm referencing, he wore an all black mask as well.

Arturs Irbe? I think that's who it was, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    He reminds me of this Goalie who played for Carolina and then signed with Ottawa, he was a great goalie until a back up started playing well, so the pressure got to him and he started to try and do too much. Toronto might as well just start Scrivens and make him their backup as the cheaper alternative.

Really wish I could remember the name of the Goalie I'm referencing, he wore an all black mask as well.
    Martin Gerber. He played for the Leafs for a while too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Martin Gerber. He played for the Leafs for a while too.
    Ah yes Martin Gerber, poor Sens fans, got such a tease with him.

That's the one... I had the sound.. ish.

Philly did not approve of the 1-3-1?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter where he was positioned, Gionta still ran into him and elbowed him in the head, any other situation or any other team and a suspension would have been handed out.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:19 PM ----------

Better then Sid the Crybaby Kid. Woe is me, I can't pway hockey and get overpaid to not be nearly as good as Gretzky ever was despite everyone comparing me to him!

Hmm Cannot recall Crosby saying any of that.

10+ Year Old Account

are u kidding me.. you can see him tuck in his elbow and lounge at him... unless it happens to a habs player... its alright

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Doesn't matter where he was positioned, Gionta still ran into him and elbowed him in the head, any other situation or any other team and a suspension would have been handed out.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:19 PM ----------

Better then Sid the Crybaby Kid. Woe is me, I can't pway hockey and get overpaid to not be nearly as good as Gretzky ever was despite everyone comparing me to him!

we get it.. you dont like sid.. let me ask what have u accomplished in your nhl career?

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 11:21 PM ----------

Ah yes Martin Gerber, poor Sens fans, got such a tease with him.

lol, you can say that for any goalie who played in ottawa the last 10 years

15+ Year Old Account

Remier has established position in a perfectly acceptable position. If Harding can do that literally 7 feet outside the cease and get an interference call in the Wild/Wings game last week, Reimer was well within his rights to be there. And his back was in NO way to Reimer. He looks directly at Reimer 7 seconds into the video. He turns and looks directly at his position. I don't know if he made intentional contact to the head, if he had he would have been suspended for a huge chunk of games, but he was certainly aware of his position and the goalie's position on the ice. I tend to lean towards intentional because of the obvious follow through with the arm motion.

I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'll never get the Crosby hatred with some people. Does he try to influence calls, sure, but so do dozens of guys in the NHL and some like the Sedin's do it much, much more often than Crosby ever has. Is it just success jealousy or something? Fact remains that he is the NHL's best talent.

Also, Gretzky was incredible, but come on, that isn't even a fair comparison at all. Gretzky was once in a lifetime talent. He was incredibly at every level of his playing career, but frankly he played in a different NHL than Crosby plays in. No one can score 200 points in the modern NHL, not even Gretzky. Frankly, and I honestly believe this, if you put Crosby in the NHL of the 80s and early 90s, he is a 170-200 point player, just like Gretzky and Mario. He has that much talent. But we will never know which makes such comparisons 100% worthless.

@Xevan: ROFL Pronger handled the puck for about 35 seconds there. He could not be a bigger dick. Gonna be a sad day when the last of the great 90's players disappear with him and Lidstrom.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-10 at 04:10 AM.