10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Fuzzzie;15544863]I'll save the concession speech for a person that doesn't throw the cup out the window and burn down my city. Thanks.[/QUOTE I'm in the same country as you so bare the shame with us....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll save the concession speech for a person that doesn't throw the cup out the window and burn down my city. Thanks.
    I'm in the same country as you so bare the shame with us....
    I guess. if you assume all of Canada rooted for Vancouver.

In reality.. Most didn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess. if you assume all of Canada rooted for Vancouver.

In reality.. Most didn't care.
    are you implying that you are not jelly of canucks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    give up while you still can... it will make you feel better...

MUHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 09:57 AM ----------

also I just noticed when canucks beat toronto on sat if the capitals win agaisnt florida and tampa on sat they will take the 8th spot for playoffs over toronto...yay!!!
    No they won't, Toronto is 3 points up on Washington.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:48 AM ----------

Not all Canadians like diving European players and a whiny bitch of a starting goalie. If anything, Canucks fans should be jelly that the Leafs have Stanley Cup banners hanging from the rafters, whereas Vancouver has reminders of how many times they failed in the playoffs in the last 42 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No they won't, Toronto is 3 points up on Washington.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:48 AM ----------

Not all Canadians like diving European players and a whiny bitch of a starting goalie. If anything, Canucks fans should be jelly that the Leafs have Stanley Cup banners hanging from the rafters, whereas Vancouver has reminders of how many times they failed in the playoffs in the last 42 years.
    first i said if caps won both the games and toronto lost,also Canucks have been in the legue for 41 years...

10+ Year Old Account
    Vancouver has reminders of how many times they failed in the playoffs in the last 42 years.
    How successful has Toronto's playoffs been in that same time span?

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Epuration;15544882]
    I'll save the concession speech for a person that doesn't throw the cup out the window and burn down my city. Thanks.[/QUOTE I'm in the same country as you so bare the shame with us....
    I'm yet to ever meet a Canucks fan while living in New Brunswick, Canada. I'm actually willing to bet more people wanted Vancouver to lose.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 11:03 AM ----------

Honestly, if the last time your team won the Stanley cup was so long ago, no one on your current team still plays, it's not something you can brag about.

15+ Year Old Account
    umm.I guess not. Sorry to burst your bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't fucking belive the Hawks won against NYR, no fucking way I saw that comming pregame.. Oh well let's hope the Hawks are back for real, and end another streak... (Hai Detriot) But let's see if they are back for real first.. Blue Jackets watch out, here comes the Hawks!
    Feels good to hear Chelsea Dagger again..
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-02-17 at 01:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I still can't fucking belive the Hawks won against NYR, no fucking way I saw that comming pregame.. Oh well let's hope the Hawks are back for real, and end another streak... (Hai Detriot) But let's see if they are back for real first.. Blue Jackets watch out, here comes the Hawks!
    Feels good to hear Chelsea Dagger again..
    They don't play Chicago at the Joe until March 4th, so if you were to end the home streak it would already be at 26 games and no one would mind at all if it ended because the old record would have been ground into paste.

Speaking of teams with crazy home records, the Blues are 17-0-3 in their last 20 at home. That is probably more impressive than Detroit's record frankly because the talent on St Louis is an absolute joke compared to the talent on the Wings. The Wings are supposed to be crazy dominant with this roster. The Blues were supposed to be 12-15th in the West with theirs.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-17 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget people, today is Wear your favorite hockey sweater/jersey day!

Apparently Gill was just traded to Nashville.. not sure what the Habs got back, but it opens up some interesting questions about the Preds again that had been dormant since the All-Star break.

EDIT: Apparently for Geoffrion, Slaney, and a 2nd rounder... that's pretty steep for Gill, imo.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2012-02-17 at 07:30 PM.

Yeah it seems Montreal may have won this trade if Nashville doesn't win the cup.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    How successful has Toronto's playoffs been in that same time span?
    I blame the league for making us play in the Western Conference for over 20 years. Kinda hard to compete against those stacked Oilers and Kings teams with Gretzky on them that won so many Cups.

---------- Post added 2012-02-17 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suddenlly View Post
    Yeah it seems Montreal may have won this trade if Nashville doesn't win the cup.
    Not really, Slaney has been a colossal let down. He was originally signed as a free agent by the Leafs in 2009 after finishing a campaign in the QMJHL where he allotted 36 goals and 45 assists, but after two seasons bouncing between the Marlies and the Reading Royals, he was shipped off to Nashville alongside another Leafs bust in Bret Lebda for Cody Franson, Matthew Lombardi and future considerations. Looks like the Leafs won that deal and Montreal just picked up another of the Leafs trash in Slaney.

Geoffrion could be a decent third liner with a second round pick could possibly turn out well. I just think with Gill cap hit and knowing that he is in his final years of playing. Getting at least something for the futures seem to be heading Montreal's way. LET THE FIRE SALE BEGIN! Good thing my Ducks are starting to come alive toward the end of the season. We might just go with the flow and not make any trades at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk just beat Weber from the GROUND to feed Bert ==> to the Mule. 1-0 Wings.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Irony: Aren't most on the east coast are either Leafs or Habs fans? But then again those are the closest and oldest teams Canada has on this side of our country so it wouldn't surprise me if they are.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-02-18 at 02:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tootoo friggen mugs Kindl, takes the puck and sets up a goal. no penalty. nice job stuffing the whistles refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Irony: Aren't most on the east coast are either Leafs or Habs fans? But then again those are the closest and oldest teams Canada has on this side of our country so it wouldn't surprise me if they are.

Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Detroit, Nyr, Colorado and Pittsburgh are the dominating teams in Atlantic Canada. Tor, Bos and Mtl are the big 3 and a lot of people here in Atlantic region wanted Vancouver to lose, such as myself

15+ Year Old Account
    OH MY FRIGGEN GOD. the END OF THE WINGS GAME. ORGASM.