I've never been so proud of the Flyers as i am now, and i'm a Bruins fan.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrwaherr View Post
    I'm all for great hockey and entertainment, but this is just getting stupid now.
    I'm enjoying it to be honest I expected the from this series aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the odds of there being a scrum once the clock reaches zero?

Love the Philly's fans chant at the end of the game "you cant beat us" lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the way Vancouver plays. If they played a physical rough type game, it woulden't be as bad. Instead, they take cheap shots, little stick hits, dive anytime they feel contact on them, and most importantly cry the entire game instead of manning up. Alex Burrows and Maxim Lapierre also contribute to a general disgust for the team. Those 2 combines are just aggravating, annoying players to watch. They never hit anyone clean and just have a plethora of pussy plays. On top of all that, Ryan Kesler is just constantly doing something over the line and hardly ever pays for it. For example, the only time he tries to hit Mike Richards in game 2 was when Richards was already tied up with someone else, Richards steps into him and lays him out, so Kelser's stick "accidentally" comes up and hits him in the face AND he whines about getting a penalty? But even with all this, they're a good team. If they sucked, I don't think anyone would mind. But they're 2x Presidents Trophy winners in a row, have an extremely deep lineup, and find ways to win most of the time. The difference between them and other teams of their caliber is that teams like Boston, New York, or Philly is that those teams are mean. Vancouver isn't mean, they're girls playing a sport for men.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Penguins fell for this stupid goon trap.
    Except for the Penguins instigating almost all of the stupid goon stuff, sure. Neal ran Giroux and Courtier in a game that was over. Malkin started the scrum at the bench. Adams jumped Hartnell who was being horse-collared by Crosby.

I love Philly. I am all in for them in the East now.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-15 at 10:25 PM.

Jesus christ the Canucks butthurt is glorious. It's astonishing how much people obsess over a team with no history no cups. Every team pulls shenangians, it's not limited to Canucks.

And as Bart would say, the ironing is delicious

And pray to the hockey gods this Pens-Flyers series goes to 7
    Last edited by Xevan; 2012-04-15 at 10:27 PM.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    is it true that most of the canadians not in vancouver hate the canucks? i know i do but im also not canadian and a blackhawks fan who felt they were being overly douchey to us
    Yes. They have incredible ego's for a bunch of guys who haven't won a Stanley Cup. They're hated outside of B.C. and in a lot of U.S. states as well. The only Canadians who like to see Canucks win outside of B.C. are people who barely watch hockey but like to root for any Canadian team (as in: not real fans).

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Yes. They have incredible ego's for a bunch of guys who haven't won a Stanley Cup. They're hated outside of B.C. and in a lot of U.S. states as well. The only Canadians who like to see Canucks win outside of B.C. are people who barely watch hockey but like to root for any Canadian team (as in: not real fans).
    Yea, those are the only people, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    At least of all the people I know, the ones who rooted for Canucks almost never watched a game of hockey and the ones who wanted to see Boston win watch NHL religiously.

Deleted
    I just watched a recap of the Pens - Flyers game, cause I couldn't watch it live. Did these guys actually, I don't know, play some hockey? Or were they just too occupied repeatedly punching each other in the face?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not butthurt at all, was listing the reasons why people don't like Vancouver and the difference between them and other teams that pull similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    At least of all the people I know, the ones who rooted for Canucks almost never watched a game of hockey and the ones who wanted to see Boston win watch NHL religiously.
    See if we're going by anecdotes like that, than everyone I know who doesn't watch hockey, which would amount to two people, went for the Bruins. Everyone else went for the Canucks because they were either fans of the team or the game.

This singling out of one team like this is stupid. Everyone does this shit, and it's getting tired and old to see the Canucks being brought up every time as some sort of flag bearers of shenanigans.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Well, much like Penguins fans, I consider anyone who didn't watch the team before the Sedin era that has been the current team over the last 5 years or so, or those outside BC, to be bandwagon fans. And there is nothing more annoying then bandwagon fans who think they know hockey but watch a team that has never won a Cup. Considering my age, I have never seen the Leafs win a Cup, can't really say I am a bandwagon fan for that. I love hockey and since my team hasn't made it as of late, at least I can bandwagon a team in the playoffs, but I won't stop being a Leafs fan

I bandwagoned Boston last year because I felt they had the best chance to win the Cup, and lo and behold I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Except for the Penguins instigating almost all of the stupid goon stuff, sure. Neal ran Giroux and Courtier in a game that was over. Malkin started the scrum at the bench. Adams jumped Hartnell who was being horse-collared by Crosby.

If my Rangers get das boot, I'm all about the Flyers going the distance. Motherfuckers got heart.

Watched pens vs flyers and man pens went full retard. It was just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Malkin started the scrum at the bench? Lol really? Did you not see him and Coburn got at it all game long and Coburn come after him right before that at the bench when he didn't even have the puck? Don't be stupid. Watch both sides of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It must be nice being a Flyers fan.
    i'm thinking of bandwaggoning them if the sharks lose in round one, and sadly they most likely will...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    i'm thinking of bandwaggoning them if the sharks lose in round one, and sadly they most likely will...
    God i hope not, i live in St. Louis, and these fans are pathetic. No one followed the Blues, until the turn around this season. Last year they were the laughing joke of this city, along with the rams. I would hate for these bandwagon fans see any joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol When was that Daily Show? I've never heard him talk about sports that way, let alone hockey.