10+ Year Old Account
    Nice win over the hapless Panthers, best I've seen Quick play in awhile and he set the team record for career wins.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bolland is back! Woohoo!

Getting hard to defend Reimer when he keeps letting in soft goals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Someone looks like a mad bro.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love when Glenn Healy adds his coaching analysis

It would be great if CBC could pay people who could help make their channel work properly and not assholes like Healy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What even happened to their online streaming from the Olympics. That player was so much better than the trashy one they've reverted back to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the CTV streaming better than the CBC. But they are basically doing cutbacks because of the new deal plus Harper government is trying to cut their budget as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flames fucking dumpstering the Oilers. Nice #1 overalls, can't wait till they have to rebuild their rebuild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Flames fucking dumpstering the Oilers. Nice #1 overalls, can't wait till they have to rebuild their rebuild.
    I woke up this morning after i saw the trashing they did on Oilers and i thought, this team scares me.. They are showing more and more promise every game and i wonder how they will be in 2-3 years. Definately on the right track as things are now.

May not be the most skilled team atm but man they never give up

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    I woke up this morning after i saw the trashing they did on Oilers and i thought, this team scares me.. They are showing more and more promise every game and i wonder how they will be in 2-3 years. Definately on the right track as things are now.

Bob Hartley is an awesome coach, he brings the passion just like Roy does with Colorado. In the end, you can have all the 1st round draft picks in the world but if your star players just don't believe in the coach, you are doomed to draft high again and again. I really feel bad for Edmonton, they just have so many problems on their hands right now and their fans already suffered years of lottery drafting and horrible regular season performances, they certainly would expect a turnover by now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post

Alot of it hinges on if John Gaudreau can translate his small guy college game to the NHL currently. He had like a 31 game scoring streak or something crazy like that and is super skilled. We got a bunch of prospects that look like they can fill the 2-3rd line roles but only 1 I'd say that looks bonafide superstar potential the only downside is he'll either be a beast or an unknown (Gaudreau). Monahan has been great in his rookie year too but I'm not so sure he's going to be a top line center, ideally you'd have him on the 2nd line. He lead the team in goals scored until Cammalarri had a fire lit up under his ass (10 goals in the last 11 games iirc). Kind of funny to see how he's doing compared to the other rental players (who are playing with much better players) who did get traded.

Gaborik (CBJ to LA): 2G 2A in 7GP
    Vanek (NYI to MTL): 4G 1A in 8GP
    Moulson (BUF to MIN): 3G 3A in 9GP
    Cammalleri: 9G 6A IN 10GP
    ^not counting last night

I really like him too, if he didn't make 6m a year and something more reasonable like 4-4.5 he'd be such a good pickup for anyone. I know he won't resign but part of me wants him to, he's great for the younger guys. Another dude whos having an awesome season for us is Giordano. Not many people know how good he is because he's on the Flames but he tries 100% every night and can do anything you need him to do. He's part of the reason we didn't just roll over this season and settle for a top 3 draft pick. As attractive as Reinhart, Ekblad or even Bennett look, I'm liking how more of our games are watchable compared to a team like the Oilers or Sabres. I really hope Burke doesn't do something stupid and just have his new GM can Hartley and hire his own coaching staff. He has the team working harder than any other team in the NHL right now. They're also blocking a fuckload of shots. iirc Butler, Smid, and someone else were all in the top 10 for shotblocking this year. It's been as good a season as possible all things considered.

It's looking like we'll pick 5th or so unless Ottawa just completely fucks themsleves and we continue what we're doing. Not bad because I don't think Edmonton or Florida are going to start playing NHL hockey with this little games left in the season. Islanders could pass us too but I just don't see any of them getting their shit together in time.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-03-23 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cammalleri started here, would've loved to have re-aquired him, would've loved to have never lost him, but oh well. If it isn't gonna work out it isn't gonna work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Getting hard to defend Reimer when he keeps letting in soft goals.
    I mean the Leafs don't defend him on or off the ice, so why should the fans ;o

Right now this 4 game losing streak (maybe 5 after tonight, who knows) feels like a season-long game-7 collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reimer looked pretty miserable on the goals I saw.

Also got to see the Red Wings just eat shit in the 3rd and OT.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I mean the Leafs don't defend him on or off the ice, so why should the fans ;o

Right now this 4 game losing streak (maybe 5 after tonight, who knows) feels like a season-long game-7 collapse.
    Yeah I was listening to Jeff O'Neil afterwards too.

I don't understand how a coach can act so braindead when speaking to the media (and refuse to show any accountability afterwards), how having low confidence can be any sort of excuse to let in some of these awful goals I could save, and why agents are getting involved in social media to cuddle their agent. If I was Reimer I'd fire the shit out of my agent for speaking out; it's like a college kid whose parents still yell at the teacher to fix the kids grades; it's got to be embarrassing.

Kind of glad to see Kessel get pissed off. Wish more players would show frustration with the bad play.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-03-24 at 01:05 PM.

Well they're now in 8th place, same points as 7th. Detroit (7th) 2 games in hand, same amount of points. Washington (9th) 1 game in hand, 1 less point. Columbus (10th) 2 games in hand, 2 less points. Our making the playoffs now officially hinges on other teams and not just ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    The finish to the Kings-Flyers game was intense, that was exhausting. The Flyers got shot full of holes in period 2 but they came back quickly once the 3rd started and never let up.

Holy shit can we restart the season now? Shootout winner against the Sharks! woo woo Flames!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.