Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    My Canucks fan is absolutely devastated by the lotto results hahaha
    I have no sympathy for the Cansucks :P

Honestly, you get an average pick when you can't suck enough to get a good pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's the curse, going all the way back to 1970 when we lost the lotto for the first overall pick.
    It's what they get for pulling that straight magic Burke was able to. Drafting both Sedins.

I think the Preds are dead D:
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Looks like Zaitsev is signed. Really hoping his skills translate to NA ice.

He's projected as a 3/4 kinda guy. He can skate, carry the puck, and has a pretty wicked shot from what I've seen. Smart, low-risk move... I'm still not used to having management make good decisions over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    He's projected as a 3/4 kinda guy. He can skate, carry the puck, and has a pretty wicked shot from what I've seen. Smart, low-risk move... I'm still not used to having management make good decisions over and over.
    Yeah that's pretty much what everyone is saying about him. Just hard to tell with Russians and European prospects how they will play on the smaller ice surface against current pros. It's been a great 48 hours for us. Hopefully Washington will eliminate pits soon and make the week better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hopin we can get Tkachuk at 6 in the draft. Good size, physical play and down low play would be great with either Bennett or Gaudreau. I'm on the Dubois hype train but I woulden't be mad to get Tkachuk

10+ Year Old Account
    They figure Edmonton will take a D and Vancouver will take a forward or Logan Brown. Who Craig Button says is very skilled now and has a huge potential.

Every Caps playoff run every year is the exact same. We dominate games but lose because of fluky BS and the other team's goalie playing at an insanely high level.

Better win Game 4 or its bye by season.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Every Caps playoff run every year is the exact same. We dominate games but lose because of fluky BS and the other team's goalie playing at an insanely high level.

Better win Game 4 or its bye by season.
    I watched the first 2 games of this series and the some of tonights. Caps seem to be playing like they deserve the win, Pens are playing like they have to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I think the Preds are dead D:
    Game 3 will tell us one way or the other. We haven't played bad, just can't put the puck in the net to save our lives.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hartley axed by the Flames. Inc Ron Wilson rumors :P

I'm hopin we can get Tkachuk at 6 in the draft. Good size, physical play and down low play would be great with either Bennett or Gaudreau. I'm on the Dubois hype train but I woulden't be mad to get Tkachuk
    Everything I'm reading makes it come down to Edmonton. If they keep the #4 pick, odds are they draft a D (why the fuck wouldn't they). If they trade it, they're probably trading to a team who has a plethora of D (read: Anaheim, St. Louis) who need some help up front, in which case I would imagine the new team would take Dubois or Tkachuk, and whichever isn't taken I see going to the Canucks. Everyone says 4-14 is a crapshoot, but Dubois and Tkachuk seem to be in almost every scouts' top-6. I'm hoping the Leafs try to package the Pittsburgh pick with 31st and a mid-range offensive prospect (maybe even Kapanen?) to get a 2nd top-10 pick. Wishful thinking on my part, but whatever... it's all we have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I'm hoping the Leafs try to package the Pittsburgh pick with 31st and a mid-range offensive prospect (maybe even Kapanen?) to get a 2nd top-10 pick. Wishful thinking on my part, but whatever... it's all we have these days.
    That would be ideal. We're at the point where we can trade our high quantity of picks this year for better quality prospects if other teams will be willing to do it. Especially if we can get a high potential defenseman in that range.

Exactly, I would LOVE it if we could land one of Chychrun/Sergachev/Juolevi.

- - - Updated - - -

I see this as our team in 3 years (with what we currently have, and assuming we take Matthews)

JVR?-Matthews-Marner
    Timashov-Nylander-Brown
    Leipsic-Kadri-Soshnikov
    ?-Colin Smith-?

Rielly-Connor Carrick
    Gardiner-Zaitsev (this is going to be disgusting I think)
    Marincin-Dermott
    Valiev-Nielsen-Loov could all have 3-6 potential, too.

And then the glaring weakness of goaltending. Either way, we actually have one of the deepest prospect pools in the league now, a far cry from when our AHL team was a shit show just like the Leafs. I would actually say that, assuming teams like Winnipeg/Buffalo(maybe even Philly) have some of their young guys make the jump next year, the Leafs might have THE best prospect pool. Even with Marner/Matthews/Nylander maybe making the Leafs. Excite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hartley axed by the Flames. Inc Ron Wilson rumors :P
    Or Boudreau.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're dreaming a bit thinking Carrick is gonna be a top pairing d man. What about Gauthier in the 4th line role? i remember when he was drafted he was projected to be a bottom 6 center.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're dreaming a bit thinking Carrick is gonna be a top pairing d man. What about Gauthier in the 4th line role? i remember when he was drafted he was projected to be a bottom 6 center.
    3rd is going to be the best that Gauthier gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    3rd is going to be the best that Gauthier gets.
    If we don't get Stamkos, trade Bozak and Laich, and we move Nylander to Wing (or if any centres get injured) then Gauthier will be competing for 3rd string

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    also the draft dives a bit after the 2nd tier of forwards (PLD, Tkachuk, Nylander) and the top 3 d men. I think you'd be hard pressed to acquire something in that range. If a team wants to part with pick 7-10 for late first round picks they go from players projected to be top 6 F/top 4 D to high bust potential. I doubt anyone trades back for 31st and Pitts first and if they do they should be fired.