After seeing the play in OT from the Wings/Wild game, I don't really know what you expect the ref to call. It's not interference (I'm not kidding, it really isn't). The puck is within stick length, and he's the only player in said position. He has possession, even though he may not actually 'have' the puck. It's unfortunately just a good, strong play by Koivu.

I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Two of my favorite teams tonight. Leafs and Devils. Gotta root for the Leafs but it should be a fun game!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Brodeur is playing tonight. Odds are he gets pulled too. I predict Toronto either routs the Devils badly because Brodeur is rusty or it's a close game because the Leafs can't generate enough chances. There is no way the Devils could beat the Leafs unless they pull a miracle out of Kovalcheque's ass, that team has like one good player and that's Parise, who will probably be traded before long.

10+ Year Old Account
    If NJ plays the trap, and stays out of the box, they can beat Tor. Keep it 5 on 5 and control Kessel.
    Tor is a one line team, tire them out.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-03 at 12:01 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    If NJ plays the trap, and stays out of the box, they can beat Tor. Keep it 5 on 5 and control Kessel.
    Tor is a one line team, tire them out.
    Errr... no. Just because Kessel is leading the league, doesn't mean that only one line scores frequently.
    Before tonight:
    Kessel/Lupul/Connoly/Bozak: 16 goals
    Grabovsky/MacArthur/Kulemin: 10 goals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Errr... no. Just because Kessel is leading the league, doesn't mean that only one line scores frequently.
    Before tonight:
    Kessel/Lupul/Connoly/Bozak: 16 goals
    Grabovsky/MacArthur/Kulemin: 10 goals
    Outside of MacArthur, your second line is nothing to brag about.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Outside of MacArthur, your second line is nothing to brag about.
    Please provide some sort of logic to backup your statement of Leafs being a one line team.

Our second line, last year, was better than our first line; the three of them play very well together. Just because our first line is playing amazing right now doesn't mean line 2 is useless. If we had a first line as good as our second line last year I have no doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Out of curiosity, please explain why MacArthur is far better than Grabovsky or Kulemin.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-11-03 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this game is ugly

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lupul with a hatty

10+ Year Old Account
    Please provide some sort of logic to backup your statement of Leafs being a one line team.

Our second line, last year, was better than our first line; the three of them play very well together. Just because our first line is playing amazing right now doesn't mean line 2 is useless. If we had a first line as good as our second line last year I have no doubt we would have made the playoffs.

Out of curiosity, please explain why MacArthur is far better than Grabovsky or Kulemin.

probably a habs fan...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    MacArthur is the most balanced player on the line, Kulemin is dynamite in his own zone and plays the forecheck exceptionally well. Grabs has great foot speed and quality hands with the puck, however I think when he first came to Toronto, he tried way too hard to be a one man show and since then he has really changed his attitude and his overall game.

10+ Year Old Account
    MacArthur isn't a defensive liability, Grab and Kule have shown improvement in this, but not enough to really warrant any positive notes.

Toronto's top line is actually starting to look like a top line, which will affect the amount of time Mac, Grab and Kule have on the ice. I think last year was a fluke, obviously their rather good start is proving me wrong currently, but this is only very early November.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except that many people in hockey media have considered Kulemin the next Lidstrom type of player. Last season he was golden, he is struggling early on but will regain his composure and play with the kind of force and skill that he had last year.

MacArthur isn't a defensive liability, Grab and Kule have shown improvement in this, but not enough to really warrant any positive notes.

Toronto's top line is actually starting to look like a top line, which will affect the amount of time Mac, Grab and Kule have on the ice. I think last year was a fluke, obviously their rather good start is proving me wrong currently, but this is only very early November.
    I don't think it was a fluke, I think it's just good chemistry. Something that happens throughout an entire season I don't think qualifies as a fluke. I agree the top line is better, and they'll probably get more ice team as long as Kessel & Lupul keep it up, but I think our second line is much better than the average second line.

Also Rennadrel, I think it was a natural hat trick.

Kulemin hasn't really caught his stride yet, but this guy scored 30 goals last year... that's nothing to scoff about. Not to mention he's probably one of the best defensive forwards on the team. He does it all - goes to the tough areas, cycles the puck well, makes the smart play (not very many giveaways, usually), backchecks hard, skates very fast and is extremely strong and hard to get off the puck. ANY team would be THRILLED to have this guy as a 2nd line winger.
    I honestly think he might be one of the most under-rated players in the league. He's very, very well balanced as a player.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs are now 2nd in the league, the world must be ending

Hopefully we'll make it through a back to back night without a loss tomorrow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that would certainly be amusing. With a win, Toronto would be first in the league so long as Pittsburgh doesn't win against San Jose. I would like for once to say that the Leafs are the most consistent team in the league right now, win some, lose some but remaining consistent in winning is what gives us hope for a stellar season. It's a good time to be a Leafs fan, but haters are gonna hate of course cause they are bitter.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Hopefully we'll make it through a back to back night without a loss tomorrow.
    Well... you are facing Columbus...
    red panda red panda red panda!