Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Except the way the Rangers play completely changes with Talbot in goal, and he has shown he can come up with the big saves when necessary. If I were a team like the Flyers or the Panthers, I would be jumping for Talbot to start in the next year or two. He'll, even teams like Edmonton should be looking at him since Dubnyk has been shakey and they went and got Byrz of all people.
    Oilers are desperate right now, I think the Bryz signing was an all or nothing because he is a really good goalie something just went wrong in Philly. He was damn solid in Phoenix earlier in his career but they had a solid defensive system. That being said, I don't think he'd do well in Edmonton regardless because none of their little baby 1st round picks back check and they have no actual good defensive defenseman (trade Smid to make room for Bryz, wonderful thinking Mac T). We've played them twice now and both games there's been the same shit happening. They don't play hard the entire game and none of their young stars seem like they care until a small window at the end of the game. I've been impressed with David Perron based on the 3 games I've seen him play (1 pre 2 reg) and it's mind boggling how his work ethic doesn't rub off on the rest of the team. Their problems are deeper than a lack of defense or 3rd/4th line I'd say. Those kids should be chomping at the bit to stomp Calgary in an extremely winnable game especially when we played a tough game the night before vs the Avs and you know, we're awful and all.

I honestly don't think their rebuild is ever going to turn around and maybe that's the inner Flames fan inside of me controlling what I think. If you compare the Oilers rebuild year 1 (What, when Hall was drafted maybe? Fuck I have no idea) to the Flames current year 1, it's a night and day difference. Yes, we're awful and have big gaps in the lineup but that's expected. The thing about Calgary is we work our asses off every night. There's a good balance of veterans and young guys (personally I'd like to see Wotherspoon, Ramage and Sieloff enter the lineup at some point this year) and the older guys' work ethic is contagious. Mark Giordano is the perfect captain for us right now. He doesn't take a single shift off and leads by example. Even Mike Cammalarri is working hard when he could just mail it in and wait for his last contract signing in the summer but no, he's making sure SOME team will definitely want him on their team come April. Maybe I'm overly optimistic because at this I'm just grasping at straws but I'm way more comfortable being a Calgary Flames fan with our prospect pool/current roster in year 1 of the rebuild than I would be as an Edmonton Oilers fan in the same position.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-12-08 at 10:18 PM.

Keep letting Chara stand in front of the net... Nothing can go wrong with that strategy... Again.

Refs conveniently miss obvious slashing penalty, nice.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-12-09 at 01:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Oilers are desperate right now, I think the Bryz signing was an all or nothing because he is a really good goalie something just went wrong in Philly. He was damn solid in Phoenix earlier in his career but they had a solid defensive system. That being said, I don't think he'd do well in Edmonton regardless because none of their little baby 1st round picks back check and they have no actual good defensive defenseman (trade Smid to make room for Bryz, wonderful thinking Mac T). We've played them twice now and both games there's been the same shit happening. They don't play hard the entire game and none of their young stars seem like they care until a small window at the end of the game. I've been impressed with David Perron based on the 3 games I've seen him play (1 pre 2 reg) and it's mind boggling how his work ethic doesn't rub off on the rest of the team. Their problems are deeper than a lack of defense or 3rd/4th line I'd say. Those kids should be chomping at the bit to stomp Calgary in an extremely winnable game especially when we played a tough game the night before vs the Avs and you know, we're awful and all.

I honestly don't think their rebuild is ever going to turn around and maybe that's the inner Flames fan inside of me controlling what I think. If you compare the Oilers rebuild year 1 (What, when Hall was drafted maybe? Fuck I have no idea) to the Flames current year 1, it's a night and day difference. Yes, we're awful and have big gaps in the lineup but that's expected. The thing about Calgary is we work our asses off every night. There's a good balance of veterans and young guys (personally I'd like to see Wotherspoon, Ramage and Sieloff enter the lineup at some point this year) and the older guys' work ethic is contagious. Mark Giordano is the perfect captain for us right now. He doesn't take a single shift off and leads by example. Even Mike Cammalarri is working hard when he could just mail it in and wait for his last contract signing in the summer but no, he's making sure SOME team will definitely want him on their team come April. Maybe I'm overly optimistic because at this I'm just grasping at straws but I'm way more comfortable being a Calgary Flames fan with our prospect pool/current roster in year 1 of the rebuild than I would be as an Edmonton Oilers fan in the same position.

I agree, Bryzgalov is one of those underrated goalies in the league. People forget that he helped the coyotes alot, and despite having 2 teams with horrible defense (Coyotes and Flyers) he did pretty well, this dude has a career % of .916 which is good.
    I love Bryzgalov and cant stand people calling him a bad goalie. Ofc he lets in a few softies now and then but its hard not to when he doesent have any help infront of him.
    Him getting the shutout in his start game was a perfect start for him, Shame that the Oilers are so god damn weak in defense aswell.

Oilers has some serious potensial but they need to get rid of their aweful coach. I would love to see laviolette in oilers but he's most likely going to Islanders. He would without a doubt do better with Oilers IMO.
    We saw it against colorado that once they get started they are one hell of a team. getting 8 goals past the leagues most solid goalie Varlamov is an achievement in itself.
    Just hope they actually manage to keep the players for next season then we will see something happen.
    They've had potential in earlier seasons but this one is the best IMO, they got alot of talents that are showing themselves as beeing _almost_ stable.

Sadly most likely going to see a few of em being traded away for some defense etc.

Grats on the win Bruins fans.

Josh Harding was an absolute beast tonight versus the Sharks. Backup goalie my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe Lou lost his shutout with 7secs to go

Didn't get to watch the game tonight due to finals week, but I was listening to it as I got some work done, and just looked up the hit when I got home. How the fuck was Phaneuf not penalized for boarding Miller??? I hope he gets suspended for that... What an awful hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Didn't get to watch the game tonight due to finals week, but I was listening to it as I got some work done, and just looked up the hit when I got home. How the fuck was Phaneuf not penalized for boarding Miller??? I hope he gets suspended for that... What an awful hit.
    https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...07409667108864

10+ Year Old Account
    they need to take hitting out of hockey...

clean hits - you get jumped

dirty hits - you get jumped

Seems like the only thing left to do is get rid of hitting, and everyone will stop whining about hits. and head shots.. will be a fun game to watch.. pond hockey
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Yeah that hit was chicken shit. For a guy like Phaneuf especially.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Think we are pretty much done. The fan base is getting really apathetic towards this team, and want the Coach and GM both gone. Can't really blame them, this was one of the oddest line ups put together through free agency and it just isn't working. Peks coming back isn't going to save this thing, just too many two way players and no enough offense, couple with too many natural centermen playing wings.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me that Neal is only getting 5 games for hitting Marchand in the head with his knee, to me that is twice as dangerous as tripping someone and punching them while they have their helmet is on and the puncher is wearing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Remember when Boston does something its brave and "good enforcing" but when a penguin does something its cheap and pussylike
    Yes, Orpik, Neal, Cooke, etc were all simply playing the game when they took out Bruins, or ended their careers.

I do get a chuckle out of how the B's are painted as some sort of goon squad, when the reality is that they're the ones losing players to questionable hits by other teams more of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Think we are pretty much done. The fan base is getting really apathetic towards this team, and want the Coach and GM both gone. Can't really blame them, this was one of the oddest line ups put together through free agency and it just isn't working. Peks coming back isn't going to save this thing, just too many two way players and no enough offense, couple with too many natural centermen playing wings.
    They trying to emulate the Kings or something? That sounds so much like our lineup the last few years. Must not be working for them since they're middle of the pack in shots allowed though. Probably need to focus more on the blue line in the future, though they seem to have some good youth there, maybe they just need time.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yes, Orpik, Neal, Cooke, etc were all simply playing the game when they took out Bruins, or ended their careers.

I do get a chuckle out of how the B's are painted as some sort of goon squad, when the reality is that they're the ones losing players to questionable hits by other teams more of the time.
    Over the past 2 full seasons, no team has had more Major penalties than Boston. Not sure what fucking planet you're living on to think the Bruins aren't a team who want to start a fight over every little transgression.

The Bruins have had a number of dirty players on their team in the last 5 years.. they've also been the targets of some pretty brutal incidents themselves... it's not like any one team is a saint and all 29 other teams are dirty scumbags.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    The Bruins have had a number of dirty players on their team in the last 5 years.. they've also been the targets of some pretty brutal incidents themselves... it's not like any one team is a saint and all 29 other teams are dirty scumbags.
    Maybe not but the Pens get away with more garbage then any other team in the league and the last few weeks have proven that.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They trying to emulate the Kings or something? That sounds so much like our lineup the last few years. Must not be working for them since they're middle of the pack in shots allowed though. Probably need to focus more on the blue line in the future, though they seem to have some good youth there, maybe they just need time.

Blue line isn't really the problem, they can only cover up for so many mistakes by the forwards. Our biggest problems? Turnovers like mad, can't put the puck in the net, and we have way too many 3rd and 4th line guys playing 1st and 2nd line minutes. Exact same problems we've had pretty much since they started the franchise.

The fans we have that actually live and breath hockey questioned this line up after the free agent signings. We hoped for the best, but sadly their predictions of it being a jumbled up mess have turned out to be true.

Really its not the fact they are losing, we've dealt with that, we know what thats like. Its more to do with how they are losing that is driving everyone crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Chuckle ahead but Bruins has the last seasons actually been one of the more uglier teams out there on the ice.
    I wont defend Penguins as they are imo worse. They rather go below the radar and do cheap shots.
    They've gotten away with it in too many games and when they faced off against Bruins, that are not afraid to fight back then they get what they had coming.
    Was a JOY watching penguins getting that much attention, shows people how ugly they actually can be on the ice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It bothers me that Neal is only getting 5 games for hitting Marchand in the head with his knee, to me that is twice as dangerous as tripping someone and punching them while they have their helmet is on and the puncher is wearing gloves.
    Neal should've gotten hell of alot more games than that, you could tell he did it 100% on purpose when he aimed in for the head on someone not even looking. he should've been the one on the ice under Thornton. i'd salute him for that one.
    And to be completely honest Orpic went down way to easy. He did one hell of an act though to show as he's been hit with a truck.
    Thornton had 2 hits on him, one went off the Visor and didnt even count as a hit, the other hit him on the helmet, front left side where the mask is protected the most(back of the head, sides and front is the most protected part in a players helmet)
    So that he is out with a concussion is a bullshit statement.

http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2...%3DGuVq-TZ7AJM Download the MP4 then do slowmo at 2.05 and you can actually see that Thornton hits the visor and side of the helmet. the arm barely even went back before going for a "hit" so there was barely any force there
    Last edited by Rosh; 2013-12-10 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post

Neal should've gotten hell of alot more games than that, you could tell he did it 100% on purpose when he aimed in for the head on someone not even looking. he should've been the one on the ice under Thornton. i'd salute him for that one.
    And to be completely honest Orpic went down way to easy. He did one hell of an act though to show as he's been hit with a truck.
    Thornton had 2 hits on him, one went off the Visor and didnt even count as a hit, the other hit him on the helmet, front left side where the mask is protected the most(back of the head, sides and front is the most protected part in a players helmet)
    So that he is out with a concussion is a bullshit statement.

http://keepvid.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2...%3DGuVq-TZ7AJM Download the MP4 then do slowmo at 2.05 and you can actually see that Thornton hits the visor and side of the helmet. the arm barely even went back before going for a "hit" so there was barely any force there
    If he didn't have a concussion, why would they put him on IR when their defensive core is already severely depleted with injury. You can't judge force of a punch from a youtube video. And players get concussions all the time while wearing helmets. You don't need direct fist to skull contact to cause one