[Mod edit: Meme removed]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-06-16 at 07:23 PM.

Double post, not sure why.
    Last edited by Chasey; 2011-06-16 at 08:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I am still convinced that it was a stylistic comment, not a shot at Thomas. Luongo is an idiot, but I find it hard to believe he would make that comment against a guy that had been having the season that Thomas had had and actually meant the comment.

Please show me how this goal is Luongo's fault. At least I assume this is the play you are referring to although it doesn't even come close to matching your description.

The offensive push occurs because of a bad change. Luongo takes a shot high that he is unable to control. The puck is moved to the left of the net off the body of Marchand or Bieska. Bieska then fumbles the puck away to Marchand who attempts to make a wrap around. Luongo, when moving to cover the other post, collides with Sedin. Luongo still manages to get over and stop the initial wrap around attempt, but the loose puck is pushed over the line by the momentum of his legs. The fault on that play lies completely with Bieska for the poor puck play and Sedin for the poor positioning play.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Love all the insane posts on this page. Where to start:

So in short. STOP FUCKING BLAMING LUONGO ALL OF YOU. It isn't his fault that the Canucks couldn't score a damn goal or play defense at all this series. Stop trying to make a scapegoat out of the one bright spot in their freaking finals performance.
    You are absolutely nuts if you think Luongo's time in Vancouver is over. Firstly, it isn't over because of how the NHL CBA works. See, the NHL has these things called contracts and Luongo's happens to be for a number of years and an absurd amount of money. They are shackled together for the future. Not to mention that Luongo is a freaking VEZINA candidate. He is an amazing goalie. Top 5 in the NHL. Could Schneider be better, maybe. But why go for an unproven prospect when you already have a Top 5 NHL goalie? Trading him is out of the question because he will net you zero in return. His contract is to big and to long for any team in the NHL to want to go after. Few teams are in a financial position where they would even consider that. It is 100% insane to think that Vancouver would ship him out of town because he had one bad game in the finals when they rode him to the best record in the NHL and the Stanley Cup Finals all with him being pretty damn great. Stop blaming Luongo when it is the defense that collapsed, not him.

Edited to cut back on the douchebaggery.
    THE ONLY thing that will save Luongo will be his contract. 11 years left will keep him there at the start maybe the year...but he will fade away like Cloutier. Vancouver learned he is not the franchise goalie everyone thought and many in the NHL knew.
    LeBRONGO is his new name. You don't go into the biggest game of the season and maybe your life after getting pulled 2x's in the finals and let in a rebound off the back boards goal. Specially after talking shit in press conference about "I'd have made that save" in reference to Thomas allowing a similar goal.
    He has zero return beacuase no one will be willing to pay his money for an unproven playoff playoff goalie. He proved he can't win the BIG game. He is a top 5 goalie in the um....regular season but of course all teams want a great regular season goaltender right?

A tad of education for the Lebrongo fan boy - No they didn't score a goal for him in the final game, but if you get yourself pulled 2x's in the finals and are already unsure of your net minder you clutch your stick a bit harder, you know with the way Thomas is playing you have to be flawless or swiss cheese in your net won't make his save. Hockey is a momentum game and Vancouver could never gain that yet when they needed a save their FRANCHISE goal couldn't provide that for them. He was plain YUCK! Not what a young team needed.
    Believe me....CBA and contracts in place...if LeBrongo can't do any better than he did they will replace him, sit his ass or ship him out at a huge lose. Vancouver needed a goalie who could win them a game, not get on the press game mike an act like an ass. They aren't good enough yet to win in SPITE of their goalie. Not many are.

So stop acting like you know everything and place blame on 25 instead of one. He didn't make the key save, got pulled twice and ran his yap....as a team lead. He deserves every comment coming his way. Here is advice from a dude sitting on his couch to an over paid goal, MAKE THE SAVE and you let your play speak for you.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    My money was on Boston. Generally whatever team has more Canadians wins.
    Sound statement but not really:
    2010 cup
    Flyers 18 Canadians
    Blackhawkes 16 Canadians

2009 Cup
    Red Wings 8 Canadians
    Pens 15 Canadians

2008 Cup
    Red Wings 9
    Pens 16

2007 Cup
    Ducks 15 Canadians
    Sens 17 Canadians

2006 Cup
    Oilers 19 Canadians
    Canes 16 Canadians

Generally when you make a statement like you did, you know what you are talking about and seeing as 70% of the NHL'ers are still Canadian. So per captia its easy to say that but you sound like Don Cherry making off the cuff "HOME PRIDE" statements like this.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 08:41 PM ----------

Personally, I am still convinced that it was a stylistic comment, not a shot at Thomas. Luongo is an idiot, but I find it hard to believe he would make that comment against a guy that had been having the season that Thomas had had and actually meant the comment.

Please show me how this goal is Luongo's fault. At least I assume this is the play you are referring to although it doesn't even come close to matching your description.

The offensive push occurs because of a bad change. Luongo takes a shot high that he is unable to control. The puck is moved to the left of the net off the body of Marchand or Bieska. Bieska then fumbles the puck away to Marchand who attempts to make a wrap around. Luongo, when moving to cover the other post, collides with Sedin. Luongo still manages to get over and stop the initial wrap around attempt, but the loose puck is pushed over the line by the momentum of his legs. The fault on that play lies completely with Bieska for the poor puck play and Sedin for the poor positioning play.
    HE"S THE GOALIE, is supposed to control rebounds, he is supposed to read and react and to read that the defense is scrambling. D play por or not, a wrap around is on the goal...he was out of position. PERIOD!

Both of the back to back Art Ross winners each scored at below a ppg. 20 points in 25 games Daniel.....22 points in 25 games for Henrik. Thats not Good enough Especially for Stars and the reigning MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    It's 2011, not 1987. :s

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 01:51 PM ----------

True story.
    Thanks there, I was pointing out that the Habs haven't won the cup recently though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    HE"S THE GOALIE, is supposed to control rebounds, he is supposed to read and react and to read that the defense is scrambling. D play por or not, a wrap around is on the goal...he was out of position. PERIOD!
    I would love to see you try and control a deflected point shot that hits you in the upper chest/neck region. Yes he was perhaps six inches or so too far to his left when moving to cover the loose puck off the rebound. He was still well within proper position though. A goaltender can't predict that his defensman is going to fumble the puck away like that and that Marchand would come up with in as cleanly as he did. The position Marchand recovered the puck he was well within range to jam it in on the near side which Luongo was covering. I fail to see how he is out of position at all on that play. You can't predict the random bounces of a puck or one of your own players getting right in your path when making a cross crease move. His positioning hardly mattered anyways as he stopped the Marchand shot. Luongo brought his legs forward in order to attempt to secure the loose puck in the crease with both Marchand and Bergeron right on the doorstep to poke it home and he ended up kicking it it.

I fail to see how this play was even a big deal. The game was already over at that point from the goal that the Canucks gave up to Bergeron earlier in the game. The second goal wasn't a momentum killer or back breaker like the shorty was.

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elitelevel View Post
    Both of the back to back Art Ross winners each scored at below a ppg. 20 points in 25 games Daniel.....22 points in 25 games for Henrik. Thats not Good enough Especially for Stars and the reigning MVP.
    Ain't that the truth. They did nothing to make up for Luongo's let downs in the series. Absolutely nothing. Luongo was decent, not decent enough to win them four games certainly, but decent enough to the point where the offense should have been able to cover for him. The offense did nothing. Boston's defense and Thomas deserve incredibly mad props for that. I had been selling their defense short outside of their top pairing going into the Tampa series. They really, really stepped up in the Finals though something that Vancouver's defense can't say. From top to bottom, Boston was absolutely great in their own end all series and good enough in the offensive zone when it mattered to win 4 games.

I don't know what makes me happier: the Bruins winning the cup or the stuff Canucks fans are saying to help themselves sleep at night. "That goal should not have counted!" what about the other goals?

Priceless. Go Bruins, thank you for doing it in my lifetime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    I don't know what makes me happier: the Bruins winning the cup or the stuff Canucks fans are saying to help themselves sleep at night. "That goal should not have counted!" what about the other goals?

Priceless. Go Bruins, thank you for doing it in my lifetime.
    Glad you got to see it. I've got to see it four times in my life with my team and each one is incredible. The Stanley Cup win is so much more incredible than the other pro sports. I remember when the Pistons won the NBA title. It was awesome, but two days later I was completely over it. It never felt like a "ya well we won the championship" type of motivator the following season or to this day. When the Wings won the Cup is was just pure exhilaration that you can look back fondly on and rub in your rivals faces for years to come.

Major adjustments are not needed. This season was a great success and unfortunately we came up one win short.

One thing on my wishlist though would be to have a strong winger on Keslers line, or have one on the Sedins and bring Burrows down. The Raymond - Kesler - Burrows experimental line was one of the best we had all season.

Oh and that small little thing of keeping Bieksa and Ehrhoff.
    I remember it all too well

Deleted
    Stuff
    I'm not gonna get in an argument with you to and analyze or counter analyze one goal from one game, be it goal 2 of game 7 or any other. The stats speak for themselves, Luongo was great for half the games and crap for the other half. TT was great for all of them. Yes the Sedins were bad for all the games, yes they did not even come close to doing their job. But saying that Luongo is 100% blameless is just like saying he should take 100% of all the blame. Neither extreme makes any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I'm not gonna get in an argument with you to and analyze or counter analyze one goal from one game, be it goal 2 of game 7 or any other. The stats speak for themselves, Luongo was great for half the games and crap for the other half. TT was great for all of them. Yes the Sedins were bad for all the games, yes they did not even come close to doing their job. But saying that Luongo is 100% blameless is just like saying he should take 100% of all the blame. Neither extreme makes any sense.
    Canucks scored 8 goals during the entire 7 games. Luongo didn't lose Vancouver any game. Anyone blaming Luo for any loss, doesn't understand the basic concept of defensmen. In the 8-1 Loss, 5-0 loss, 5-2 loss and the 4-0 loss. He played just as well as the rest of the Canucks.

Glad you got to see it. I've got to see it four times in my life with my team and each one is incredible. The Stanley Cup win is so much more incredible than the other pro sports. I remember when the Pistons won the NBA title. It was awesome, but two days later I was completely over it. It never felt like a "ya well we won the championship" type of motivator the following season or to this day. When the Wings won the Cup is was just pure exhilaration that you can look back fondly on and rub in your rivals faces for years to come.
    I agree 110%. The thing about hockey, especially play offs, is its just a massive fucking brawl. Two teams literally out to kill each other. People get severe concussions, broken vertebrae's and noses, they get slammed around constantly....its like war on ice. When you win a hockey game it feels like you stormed the beaches of Normandy.

Also, Bruins have been the team to hate the entire playoffs, no one believed they were going to get past Montreal when we lost our first two at home (even I was like "ugh...Bruins managed to let it slip past them yet again). Everyone dissected the Bruins for reasons as to why they WON'T beat Philly, how much better Tampa Bay is, how Vancouver has such fine tuned finesse that Boston just can't keep up. Going to the bar for most of the playoff games to drink beer with friends and cheer on my Bruins. We all had faith but we also all had that small voice in the back of our heads saying "The B's will run out of gas soon...".

But they fucking pulled it off, I can't believe it. And yes it feels so much more then any championship the Celtics/Patriots/Red Sox win. Not to mention I was not born yet when they last won it in 72 and I was 5 years old when they went to the Stanley Cup in 1990 and at that time I only cared about toys and getting as much dirt on my hands as possible. So for them to do it in my lifetime, against all odds, with so much hatred stacked on them, and in a game 7 inside the lion's den that is Vancouver...god did it feel amazing, literally had goosebumps. I lost my voice I screamed so loud, some random guy I never met picked me up, bear hugged me, and spun me around a few times...but it was ok because the Bruins won!

Go Bruins, even if you dont win another one for 39 years, I will be able to at least remember this one. Thank you so much for pulling off a miracle that many doubted you could.

And Vancouver: Good series guys, in all honesty.

Also, nobody died. Whoever is feeding you that rubbish is lying for misinformed. Vancouver General confirmed 3 major injuries - A man falling off the Georgia Viaduct (Right outside the arena), a stabbing and a head injury.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Also, nobody died. Whoever is feeding you that rubbish is lying for misinformed. Vancouver General confirmed 3 major injuries - A man falling off the Georgia Viaduct (Right outside the arena), a stabbing and a head injury.
    No you are right, that was just a late night rumour that was going around. I was gonna edit it but was like naw let someone bring it up.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Canucks scored 8 goals during the entire 7 games. Luongo didn't lose Vancouver any game. Anyone blaming Luo for any loss, doesn't understand the basic concept of defensmen. In the 8-1 Loss, 5-0 loss, 5-2 loss and the 4-0 loss. He played just as well as the rest of the Canucks.
    Anyone claiming Luongo is blameless for any losses doesn't understand the concept of goalies. THE FRANCHISE GOALIE GOT PULLED IN TWO GAMES His GAA was abysmal. His save percentage was abysmal. What the fuck do you want, a defense that never ever lets a shot through? Yeah the offense sucked too, that doesn't change the fact that Luongo sucked for 4 games as well.

I'm sick to my stomach of Luongo fanboys. That's just as retarded as all the morons asking for him to be traded because of one bad series. The entire team contributed to the great season and the 3 rounds that they won, and the entire team contributed to the loss in the finals. Boston all showed up to play, led by Tim Thomas who made huge saves and set an example for consistency. Neither the Sedins nor Luongo can compare to that.

I would love to see you try and control a deflected point shot that hits you in the upper chest/neck region. Yes he was perhaps six inches or so too far to his left when moving to cover the loose puck off the rebound. He was still well within proper position though. A goaltender can't predict that his defensman is going to fumble the puck away like that and that Marchand would come up with in as cleanly as he did. The position Marchand recovered the puck he was well within range to jam it in on the near side which Luongo was covering. I fail to see how he is out of position at all on that play. You can't predict the random bounces of a puck or one of your own players getting right in your path when making a cross crease move. His positioning hardly mattered anyways as he stopped the Marchand shot. Luongo brought his legs forward in order to attempt to secure the loose puck in the crease with both Marchand and Bergeron right on the doorstep to poke it home and he ended up kicking it it.
    I'm not a goal who is supposed to be the next Patty Roy nor and I one who talks shit on the mic between games on what he would have stop'd. I am not going to sit here and explain to you what a goal of his supposed caliber is supposed to mean or do for his team. Its apperarnt you don't fully understand hockey or the goal tending position.

I'll leave you with this and you can go ahead and argue til you are blue in the face to anyone who says a 8 million dollar franchise goalie who got pulled 2x's in ONE series. Its his fault. If a goal sees it, he is supposed to stop it! He is supposed to control the rebound and not be so out of position that a winger who has to go wide around then net can set up in front and get that good a shot off. He was wrong, he was bad and GAA proves is. So what every you need to say to sleep pal. Your stopper failed to do his job, he is a vet and needs to make the key stop. Allowing close to 20 goals in 7 games is bad for any goalie even Major jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Anyone claiming Luongo is blameless for any losses doesn't understand the concept of goalies. THE FRANCHISE GOALIE GOT PULLED IN TWO GAMES His GAA was abysmal. His save percentage was abysmal. What the fuck do you want, a defense that never ever lets a shot through? Yeah the offense sucked too, that doesn't change the fact that Luongo sucked for 4 games as well.

I'm sick to my stomach of Luongo fanboys. That's just as retarded as all the morons asking for him to be traded because of one bad series. The entire team contributed to the great season and the 3 rounds that they won, and the entire team contributed to the loss in the finals. Boston all showed up to play, led by Tim Thomas who made huge saves and set an example for consistency. Neither the Sedins nor Luongo can compare to that.
    I'm about as far from a Luongo fanboy as you can be, but when you lose 8-1, 5-0, and 4-0 its not the Goalies fault. When you score 8 goals over an entire 7 games, your team played shit. Luongo was terrible for those 4 loss', but so was every other Canuck. Vancouver losing the series wasn't solely Luongos fault, its the fault of every Canuck player that skated that night. Luongo is the only reason this series wasn't a sweep.

I dont like sports, dont watch sports, but i gota lol at how canada got beat at their own national passtime by america. You guys live, breath, Poop, and sleep Hockey. And for us its just another sport. And then the Riots, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    I dont like sports, dont watch sports, but i gota lol at how canada got beat at their own national passtime by america. You guys live, breath, Poop, and sleep Hockey. And for us its just another sport. And then the Riots, lol.
    then why are u even in this forum?