10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Rofl. The Islanders traded Erhoff's rights to the Sabres. Erhoff probably made it pretty clear he had no intention of signing with the lolanders and wanted to go to a contender.

Holy shit. The Flyers are actually considering tendering an offer to Steve Stamkos if he isn't signed by Friday. Reportedly the offer sheet would be for 12 years at $115 million with a cap hit of 9.58 million which Tampa almost certainly can't match. The Flyers would have to give up their 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 first round picks to do it and would absolutely need to dump salary somewhere. Right now they have $8 million and change to sign 4 players. If they sign Simmonds he will cost probably $1.5m. Carcillo is certainly gone if they sign Simmonds. They will almost certainly sign Voracek which should be in the $1.5-1.75 area. Which basically leave Leino as a FA unless he signs for cheap. The Flyers will stilll need to cut 4-5 million to afford that Stamkos deal which would mean shipping out Bobrovsky, likely to Florida to replace Vokoun and to help them reach the floor, and then sign a back up dirt cheap. Then they would have to get rid of Mezaros or Versteeg. Hartnall would be a candidate if he didn't have a NMC.

Can't wait to see how that goes down. No one ever poaches RFAs in the NFL, especially not cap strained teams like the Flyers. It would be nuts if they did, but there aren't many better players to do something like that for than Stamkos. I would love for the Wings to poach some RFA just to be a dick. They never use their first roudn picks anyways. They have traded out of the first in three or four of the last six years.

Fucking hilarious
    http://video.thescore.com/watch/hoth...-state-of-mind
    what i would do with 115mill.. /dream
    and lol at lolanders( :P ) we just got all most technically a late 3rd round pick

10+ Year Old Account
    9.5 Million for Stamkos? The fuck. 12 years is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long for a salary this size. Still boggled that teams sign players for more than 5 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    9.5 Million for Stamkos? The fuck. 12 years is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too long for a salary this size. Still boggled that teams sign players for more than 5 years.
    Oh, you are responding to my post from above. I thought you meant that Tampa had reached a deal and went bonkers opening basically every NHL site in my favorites looking for that news lol. Holmgrem came out today and said he doesn't intend to give an offer sheet to Stamkos, so the Flyers are likely out of the running. If a deal isn't done by midnight tonight, at least I think FA starts at midnight, Tampa might be royally fucked. The owner and Yzerman have commented that they would match any offer sheet for Stamkos, but no way in hell could they match a $10 million deal or god forbid the league max this year of $12.2 million. There seems to be a lot of mumbling about a team or two that might offer Stamkos a 1 year max deal and hope to sign him to a more favorable deal next year in the thinking that they are one superstar away from a Cup or at least making a run at it.

Also Erhoff signed with Buffalo. 10 years $40 million. Great deal for the Sabres who manage to add two fantastic D-men this offseason and are in the running for Richards tomorrow. I incredibly enjoy seeing my favorite non-Wings player finally having an owner with an open pocketbook that is willing to spend to win. Ryan Miller fucking deserves to have players of his quality around him.

On the 12 years for the Stamkos deal, you should easily expect to see that. The kid is 21 and is one of the top 5 players in the NHL. His deal is going to be fat and long.

---------- Post added 2011-06-30 at 08:09 PM ----------

Blackhawks just signed Montador for 4 year/$11 million. Decent signing to replace Campbell and at only 33% of the price!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the Flyers will get Stamkos signed for that much money since they don't have the space to do it. Toronto could match that, and so could a few other teams.

Can't see Buffalo signing Brad Richards though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just heard that the NBA is locked out. Between that and the NFL lockout, this might be a good year for the NHL in the USA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Just heard that the NBA is locked out. Between that and the NFL lockout, this might be a good year for the NHL in the USA.
    The NFL will be back for sure, the NBA though looks pretty bleak. The owners are being so petty that they want to keep $160 million they owe the players from this year because salaries didn't reach a certain percentage of total NBA revenue. The owners are going to be bickering like mother fuckers among themselves because some want extended revenue sharing to make up for the 12-20 teams in the NBA that are losing money. The owners are quite possibly going to do exactly what they did in the NHL, lock the players out for the entire season while you force them to completely agree to everything you want in the deal. The NHL could be the exclusive sport from Feb-June. The only competition in that area is baseball and lets be honest, no one watches early season baseball. Teams average about 6000 fans per game because the MLB plays games in 40 degree weather like fucking idiots because they insist on keeping heir stupidly bloated schedule without playing a ton of doubleheaders like they used to because day game baseball equals less ticket sales and tv ratings.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't think the Flyers will get Stamkos signed for that much money since they don't have the space to do it. Toronto could match that, and so could a few other teams.

Can't see Buffalo signing Brad Richards though.
    Ya I don't think the Flyers will do it. They would have to ship out so many other pieces to try and fit it under the cap. The Leafs though absolutely could and absolutely should do it. They already leverage off their first round picks in bad deals all the time, might as well do it for an actual good deal to get one of the best players in the league. It would be interesting to see if Stamkos would accept a deal or take less to play in Tampa. Toronto was his favorite team growing up and his marketing potential on a Canadian team would be freaking bonkers. Dude would make bank playing in Canada. No way could Tampa match a $10m/year deal. If Toronto loses the Richards raffle they should definitely have a sheet sitting on Stamkos' agent's desk.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Toronto hasn't traded a 1st round pick since the Kessel deal, and even then that was worth the trade I think, Kessel is already pretty proven to be an NHL player. Sure, coulda tanked and drafted Tavares and Seguin or Hall but whatever, I think getting Stamkos would pretty much benefit any team that was willing to give up to get him, especially with shallow drafting pools for the next few years. Toronto has drafted 4 guys in the first round in 3 years, Schenn, Kadri and the two players this year, the talent pool for development is much higher also due to trades done this past season getting Keith Aulie and Colborne for instance, lots of prospects and lots of talent to build around, I wouldn't be sour losing picks if the next few draft years are crap.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-07-01 at 03:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of talk about Richards wanting to play for the Rangers and Torts.. i just don't see the rangers or torts surviving(make the playoffs) this up coming season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    NBA has been in decline in the US, Hockey actually has seen its numbers go up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    NBA has been in decline in the US, Hockey actually has seen its numbers go up.
    That isn't true at all. Well, if you exclude this season maybe. This year was the best the NBA has had in a long time. Ratings were way up, revenues were way up. It was a whole lot like 1998 this year. And what happened after 1998 you ask? The owners locked the players out for half the season and it took up until now for the NBA to recover and then the owners locked them out again!

On the more important topic of hockey, Red Wings signed Eaves and Miller to cheap deals again. I couldn't be fucking happier. I love having those two guys on the 4th line with Helm or Abs. The Wings and Pens have both withdrawn their offers for Jagr because he didn't decide yesterday like he told them he would. I has many lolz at that. Today totally makes up for yesterday's meh contract for Ericsson and Wiz signing with the Blol Jackets for a huge chunk of money. Think I might cry though if the Wings sign Kaberle. They have $10 million to sign two more players to hit 22 on the roster. That is assuming that Kindl is full time in the pros next year which is likely. Still need a back up goalie and a 6th defenseman who is preferably a top pair guy. Go go Drew Doughty offer sheet since the Kings took their sweet fucking time signing him,

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Eh, Toronto hasn't traded a 1st round pick since the Kessel deal, and even then that was worth the trade I think, Kessel is already pretty proven to be an NHL player. Sure, coulda tanked and drafted Tavares and Seguin or Hall but whatever, I think getting Stamkos would pretty much benefit any team that was willing to give up to get him, especially with shallow drafting pools for the next few years. Toronto has drafted 4 guys in the first round in 3 years, Schenn, Kadri and the two players this year, the talent pool for development is much higher also due to trades done this past season getting Keith Aulie and Colborne for instance, lots of prospects and lots of talent to build around, I wouldn't be sour losing picks if the next few draft years are crap.
    I think Kess was worth that deal and they recouped most of it anyways when they dumped Kaberle on Boston although that move by Boston did potentially help them win the Cup not the Kabs added much lol.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 01:26 PM ----------

Jagr signed with Philly. File that under didn't see that coming.

Yay looks like Ben Eager is now in Edmonton. Thank god he is off the Sharks.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMg they paid him $3.3 million for one season. (Meaning Jagr)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jagr back in the Nhl, good signing for Philly.
    Avs desperate for a goalie, them signing Vokoun is very likely to happen.

LA or NYR will probably be the spots for Richards, I think if LA can sign Richards, they could easily give the Sharks some regular season competition in the Pacific.

2 Million for Andrew Brunette, great signing for Hawks.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 06:08 PM ----------

Varlamov traded to the Avs for some picks. Rather surprising. I guess they're putting their faith in Neuvirth.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 06:11 PM.

Jaromir Jagr signs with the Flyers.

As a die hard Pitt fan I find this truly disgusting.. The guy comes off saying he owes it to mario and wants to retire a Penguin and all that crap, then signs with our biggest rival.. In my eyes he is a disgrace..

Thoughts on the signing?

10+ Year Old Account
    jesus now talbot to the flyers? man they are making moves.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erik Cole is a Canadian now. Very Solid second liner. Overpaid him though.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryder to Stars along with 4 others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sheldon Souray, remember when he was big? How far his injuries has taken him. Now signs for 1.65M to Dallas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see the B's push an offer sheet on stamkos just for the hell of it. Come on Chiarelli lets make it happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I would love to see the B's push an offer sheet on stamkos just for the hell of it. Come on Chiarelli lets make it happen!
    Blues actually got a much better player than Stamkos. They picked up the excellent Goaltender Brian Elliot, who will be spectacular sitting on the bench.