10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Blues actually got a much better player than Stamkos. They picked up the excellent Goaltender Brian Elliot, who will be spectacular sitting on the bench.
    Ive heard his door opening skills are second to none

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

Bruins signed Benoit Pouliot to a one year deal. Decent signing to replace ryder/recchi
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Benoit could be a great player if he was actually played. Wonder how much you guys paid for him.
    Apparently Philly is close to signing Brad Richards. HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH MONEY PHILLY.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to capgeek philly only has 4mil left on the cap....id be surprised if richards went that low.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 05:54 PM ----------

I don't know too much about Pouliot to give an honest estimate but judging by his numbers last year id assume 2-3 mil.
    Last edited by ketzil; 2011-07-01 at 09:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They;re apparently gonna drop someone to sign him. One major injury and Philly is fucked. Plus Richards has said he wants to have a chance to win, which is why Rangers aren't at the top of his list.

Pouliot for 2 million would be a great signing.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree, I still think Pronger's health is a huge gamble....And I'm still not entirely sold on Bryzgalov.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bryz is a great pick up for the I think 5 million a season they're paying him. 9 Years though, was bat shit retarded. And yeah Pronger's health will be an issue, him retiring this season won't be surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly goalies with long term contracts don't have the best track record except for a select few

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any player should be sign for more than 5. We get stupid long contracts every year now it seems.
    15 years for DiPietro. Nuff said.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 10:27 PM ----------

Mike Commodore coming to Detroit! Very happy with this signing, don't know salary yet but I doubt Holland would overpay.
    Wow 1 million a season, could be a huge steal.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any player should be sign for more than 5. We get stupid long contracts every year now it seems.
    15 years for DiPietro. Nuff said.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 10:27 PM ----------

Mike Commodore coming to Detroit! Very happy with this signing, don't know salary yet but I doubt Holland would overpay.
    Wow 1 million a season, could be a huge steal.
    Commie had a bad season last year, but up until then he has been a pretty solid defensman. I will take $1 million/year for a 3rd pairing d-man any day. The Wings still desperately need another D-man though of the upper echelon variety.

The Flyers could still easily make the Richards deal work. If they frontload the shit out of the deal, rumor has it a couple teams offers were max salary for the first couple years then declining rapidly from there, and get the cap hit down to ~$8 million, say $12.2, 12.2, 8.0, 8.0, 4.0, 4.0, or something thereabout, all they would have to do is ship out Mezarjos for a pick to a cap floor team like the Isles. THen they would in theory have room for Richards 7.5-8 million cap hit and another 750,000 or so for a third pair D-man. How fucking good would the Flyers be next year? Adding Schenn, Talbot, Jagr, Voracek, and Richards to their forward pool would be fucking insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flyers will be dominant next year if they sign Richards, they better hope they stay healthy.

Wonder who will win Simon Gagne, hes still free, and will probably sign for around 4 million.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-07-01 at 10:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And how bout them freaking Sabres. Goes to show what happens when you go from a moderately penny pinching owner to a billionaire willing to spend to win. Pegula opened his checkbook and has been writing checks like mad today.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 06:45 PM ----------

Flyers will be dominant next year if they sign Richards, they better hope they stay healthy.
    I'm sure they have great organizational depth. I can't think of a single trade they made in the last couple years where they actually shipped off a blue chip prospect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Sabres gained what? An extra 20 million from changing owners. Now third in the league in cap. Love Buffalo, will always be my team in the East. Just glad they changed their Jerseys, they were so shit for 5 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoping the Wings sign Kabs or White tonight to round out the D depth. Kind of hoping they bring on Bergenheim although it might be a year to soon for that move. Going to need someone to fill Homer's slot when he retires next season.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 06:48 PM ----------

Yeah Sabres gained what? An extra 20 million from changing owners. Now third in the league in cap. Love Buffalo, will always be my team in the East.
    Tops in the league right now until Philly finds a way to burn that last $4 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kaberle will have to take a pay hit to sign with Detroit, Holland won't pay him top dollar. White would be someone great since hes just going into his prime. Also Emery a possibility for Detroit? I know we're not the most Goalie desperate team in the league, but he is quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man the Rangers have a ton of money left to spend. I wonder if they might make a play for Stamkos if they lose Richards. Wouldn't be surprised if they got him though as the GM is going to throw a ton of money at Richards. Just like he did:
    Redden
    Gaborik
    Gomez
    Drury
    Jagr

All of which are now somehow off the Rangers and on someone else's bankroll which is just fucking baffling. Excluding Drury who was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    NYR will always be in the running for top FA prospects, Stamkos getting 10 million a season thrown at him in NYR won't be surprising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kaberle will have to take a pay hit to sign with Detroit, Holland won't pay him top dollar. White would be someone great since hes just going into his prime. Also Emery a possibility for Detroit? I know we're not the most Goalie desperate team in the league, but he is quality.
    The Wings are looking fucking stellar right now. $10 million to go with only really needing to sign a back up goalie. Any other signings are going to bump someone to minors like Kindl if it is a D-man. Still think they should take a pass at getting a 2nd line Center so that Hank and Dats can play together more. Drury would be a phenomenal and cheap addition after allocating ~$5 to a top pair D-man. Real shame that Wiz took that massively overpriced Jackets deal lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Wings are looking fucking stellar right now. $10 million to go with only really needing to sign a back up goalie. Any other signings are going to bump someone to minors like Kindl if it is a D-man. Still think they should take a pass at getting a 2nd line Center so that Hank and Dats can play together more. Drury would be a phenomenal and cheap addition after allocating ~$5 to a top pair D-man. Real shame that Wiz took that massively overpriced Jackets deal lol.
    I think Drury would be perfect for Detroit, he'd go cheap and is great player. And him being in Detroit would basically be no pressure on him at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still would love to see Detroit pour a bunch of money into a Doughty offer sheet. When was the last time one of their first round picks was even relevant anyways? 2007 they took Brendan Smith who is fucking great but won't be out of Grand Rapids until next season. 2008 they took McCollum who I don't know will ever be an NHL goalie. 2010 was Riley Sheehan who won't be up for years. 2005 they took Kindl who is decent. 2000 they took Kornwall. 1998 was Jiri Fischer who was great. 1996 was Wallin who was bad. So in the last 15 years, they've only drafted in the first round SEVEN times anyways. So why not leverage off picks that the team almost never uses to get a the next Lidstrom lol.

Hawks signed Danny Carcillo. I have two feelings on this. I fucking hate Dan Carcillo and thanks for all the powerplays next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signing Doughty and having Lidstrom as his linemate, would make him one of the best D-men in the league.
    And Kronwall is the last first rounder who has actually played for us. That's insane.