10+ Year Old Account
    Kessel is on fire this season! But liles started that great goal!
    "My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He better keep it up. I'd shit my pants if he got a 100 point season. Haters still gonna hate if that happens though :P

Lupul with 2 goals tonight so far. That top line is really working well. With Army injured, I am kinda concerned about the state of the 2nd line though.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-10-20 at 01:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    He better keep it up. I'd shit my pants if he got a 100 point season. Haters still gonna hate if that happens though :P
    Yeah really. Good for him though. Leafs need a star player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah really. Good for him though. Leafs need a star player.
    the leafs need a team =P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the leafs need a team =P
    Your dinosaur team would disagree, at least we have youth, rather then the guys who hit their prime in the AHL 5 years ago playing in the NHL finally:P

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. No picking fights please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your dinosaur team would disagree, at least we have youth, rather then the guys who hit their prime in the AHL 5 years ago playing in the NHL finally:P
    those dinosaurs are one of two teams in the league to start out 4-0, guess age has its benefits, and the chief dinosaur is still playing better hockey than dudes half his age =D

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah. No picking fights please.
    obviously fuzzikens i was joking. <3

Yeap, Lupul is paying dividends for my fantasy team right now.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    leafs get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs win woo!
    "My redemption, lies in your demise" - Randy Blythe, Vocalist of Lamb of God.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice comeback. Still, shouldn't have been down by 2 like that. Gotta kill those penalties better. Gonna be a rough road trip. Glad they picked up points tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Just like Toronto usually says "There's always next year", Winnipeg is going to start saying "Well at least we have fans now" in the same manner.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Just like Toronto usually says "There's always next year", Winnipeg is going to start saying "Well at least we have fans now" in the same manner.
    Lots of Winnipeg fans at the ACC tonight. Remains to be seen if it's just Canadians supporting another Canadian team or they actually have fans outside Manitoba.

Sick game. Frattin's shootout goal was disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Leafs are off to a great start, but all their wins are against teams I don't think will make the playoffs. (Yes even MTL)
    I don't judge teams till the 20th game, but Tor loots like a very streaky team that will have a lot of let down games.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    The Leafs are off to a great start, but all their wins are against teams I don't think will make the playoffs. (Yes even MTL)
    I don't judge teams till the 20th game, but Tor loots like a very streaky team that will have a lot of let down games.
    Or they may finally get the team chemistry thing down and actually show that having a team is more important then just star players. PS, I'm liking the Gardiner kid, he seems to be doing great, every time I watch hes able to create some great offensive strikes from nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Or they may finally get the team chemistry thing down and actually show that having a team is more important then just star players. PS, I'm liking the Gardiner kid, he seems to be doing great, every time I watch hes able to create some great offensive strikes from nothing.
    Until the Leafs play a good team, I'll hold my judgement.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So apparently we should be hearing more from potential owners of the Yotes in the coming days according to Bob McKenzie. Two groups are interested in buying the team and keeping it in Phoenix (well, Glendale). One group is again headed by Jerry Reisdorph. I think this will be his 8th attempt at buying the Yotes before falling out again. The other group is headed by the former President of the Sharks. Can't wait to find out which group the NHL endorses and how much of a debacle this once again becomes. Basically the NHL and Glendale are both done with it after this season. If neither of these groups becomes the owner the Yotes will likely hit the open market and be relocated as early as next season. Glendale can't afford to keep covering $25 million in losses every season (which still is only about 60% of their expected losses) and the NHL board of governors is done with covering the rest of that failing franchise. Wouldn't is just be hilarious if after all the relocation talk it ends up being totally pointless if the Yotes move somewhere East of the Mississippi and the NHL moves them to the East? I'd laugh. I'd die a little inside, but I'd laugh. What sort of animals do they have in Hamilton? Already a Bears team with the Bruins. The Hamilton Beavers?

I think my top 4 Hamilton team nicknames would be the:
    Hamilton Otters
    Hamilton Arctic Foxes (not geographically accurate, but if Michigan can have the the Wolverins when like 2 have been seen in 70 years why not)
    Hamilton Lynxes
    Hamilton Steelers

The Otters would be an amazing team name.

Speaking of failing southern franchises, the Stars "sat" 8,000 people at their home game on Saturday to drop their home attendance percentage to 51.1%. Yes the game was on at the same time as the Rangers, but still 8,000 people is just plain awful. Next home game is the 27th which is potentially the same night as Game 7 of the Series. Wonder what the "attendance" would be during that game, 700?
    What kind of animals do they have in Hamilton? Crackheads.
    "Hamilton Crackheads", sounds about right.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Maybe you guys will get a home town team soon when the Yotes move lol.
    Not likely. If there's going to be another team east of Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal, it'll be Quebec.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Yeap, Lupul is paying dividends for my fantasy team right now.
    Lupul was a fucking steal for the Leafs, we gave away our worst player - potentially the worst defenseman in the NHL (Francois Beauchemin) - for him, Jake Gardiner, and a conditional 4th round draft pick in 2013 from Anaheim.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Yes, I'd trade consistency for 'a great start' any day. All I can say is, if they can stay healthy, the Leafs have a good shot this year.

---------- Post added 2011-10-20 at 03:51 AM ----------

I fucking hate TSN for Leafs games. They need to get better staff, especially the blond chick who was doing some player coverage prior to the panel discussion early on in the pre-game show, she kept stuttering and tripping over her own lines. I hear reading a teleprompter is hard.
    At least they've cut back on that goofball Pierre McGuire.
    I can't stand that klutz.

Bruins Vs Leafs tonight. I can't wait to hop into #mmoc-hockey and chat it up with everyone. See you all tonight. GO BRUINS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be a kick-ass game! All original six matchups are.