Here's to weds game

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better team is debatable but best defense in the league is a definite possibility. They look very rock solid ever since game 7 of round 1, while Rask has been awesome so far this series I don't think he's had to be an unstoppable force yet. Chalk that up to Chicago's offensive players pulling a Pittsburgh or Boston's defensive system bogging everything down. I believe it's a bit of both but Boston is certainly looking like a better team than the Hawks after game 3. If they want to win game 4, I think Sharp, Toews, Kane, and Hossa if he's back have to play a bigger role offensively. Can't keep relying on Bolland or Shaw or Frolik to provide secondary scoring. The big guns haven't been very good thus far but the good news is we're only 3 games in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get all the hubbub, Boston should be leading 2-1, it doesn't really matter unless it gets to 3-1, and even still Chicago has already been down 3-1 these playoffs, all the same I'm sure they don't want to revisit that. Just a lot of pointless bozo trash talk coming from a certain Boston fan, Chicago folks are a little too eager to feed the troll.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Chicago doesn't lack skill, if anything they have more of it through their roster.

What they are lacking in comparison to Boston is the heart to win. After the bombings this year and Campbell killing a penalty on a broken leg, it's tough to match the soul of the Bruins' pack mentality. I'm sure Canucks fans can vouch for that.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    the series should be 2-1 hawks atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "should be" never won anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You Bs fans overreact so much... Better team? Best defense in the league? Give me a break. Series is 2-1 and we have home ice back if we win game 4 and who knows how game 2 would have turned out if the ref swallowed his whistle. Though I'm not really sure who Zuluslayer is a fan of, I think Pittsburgh which doesn't surprise that he's trying to praise Boston. Trying to get that silver medal post sweep. Really sucks losing Hossa for a game, hopefully only a game.
    So far in three games, the bruins have played collectively better than chicago. Had it not been for a stupid turnover by krueg the series would be 3-0 right now. The only periods that Chicago has outplayed the bruins is period three of game one and and period one of game two. Chicago won game one because three OT's in and its just blind luck at that point for a winner.

As far as best defense, the bruins have the best defense in the nhl for the playoffs. So that really isn't that debatable. I also think Rask is the reason they are the better team. While yes he has gotten some saves from the post, he has played better than Crawford in all three games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    "should be" never won anything.
    agree-but that non goal in game 2 was a goal and every one could see it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You Bs fans overreact so much... Better team? Best defense in the league? Give me a break. Series is 2-1 and we have home ice back if we win game 4 and who knows how game 2 would have turned out if the ref swallowed his whistle. Though I'm not really sure who Zuluslayer is a fan of, I think Pittsburgh which doesn't surprise that he's trying to praise Boston. Trying to get that silver medal post sweep. Really sucks losing Hossa for a game, hopefully only a game.
    Honestly, it's not too much of an overreaction. Since game 7 against Toronto, the Bruins have looked like one of the best teams in the league. We won't really know who is until the finals are over. But, right now, these are two evenly matched teams, and the past 5+ periods, the Bruins have looked like the best team. Chicago may have been the best team during the regular season, but you can throw that out the window once you hit the postseason. The Bruins right now do not resemble the regular season team at all. They are playing far far better hockey right now than they ever did during the regular season.

As far as defense, yeah I'd say the Bruins are definitely up there. We did just hold the best offense in the league to two goals in a four game series. Tuukka's been unbelievable, and outside of a few mistakes here and there, the defense in front of him has been fantastic. The rest of this series will be amazing, and I can't wait to see how it plays out. I'm still expecting 7 games, but it would be amazing if we could win the cup in game 6 at home. Granted, I'm not ready to say we're going to win yet, I still think it's anyone's guess, but it's looking good right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    agree-but that non goal in game 2 was a goal and every one could see it as such.
    and everyone who isn't a huge homer can see that the first goal in game 2 shouldnt have counted because handzus commited a blatant penalty before the goal was even scored interfering with rask.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Honestly, it's not too much of an overreaction. Since game 7 against Toronto, the Bruins have looked like one of the best teams in the league. We won't really know who is until the finals are over. But, right now, these are two evenly matched teams, and the past 5+ periods, the Bruins have looked like the best team. Chicago may have been the best team during the regular season, but you can throw that out the window once you hit the postseason. The Bruins right now do not resemble the regular season team at all. They are playing far far better hockey right now than they ever did during the regular season.

As far as defense, yeah I'd say the Bruins are definitely up there. We did just hold the best offense in the league to two goals in a four game series. Tuukka's been unbelievable, and outside of a few mistakes here and there, the defense in front of him has been fantastic. The rest of this series will be amazing, and I can't wait to see how it plays out. I'm still expecting 7 games, but it would be amazing if we could win the cup in game 6 at home. Granted, I'm not ready to say we're going to win yet, I still think it's anyone's guess, but it's looking good right now.
    IF Chicago wins tomorrow then this series will easily go seven. If the Bruins win it will most likely be in five or six. I think it would be five because the Bruins can still afford a loss right now and would be far more devastating to Chicago to lose game 4. I won't say the series is over yet and the Bruins have it won, because anything can happen come playoff time in hockey. I just hope they get the damn ice ready so the puck doesn't bounce around so much for game 4.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    So far in three games, the bruins have played collectively better than chicago. Had it not been for a stupid turnover by krueg the series would be 3-0 right now. The only periods that Chicago has outplayed the bruins is period three of game one and and period one of game two. Chicago won game one because three OT's in and its just blind luck at that point for a winner.

As far as best defense, the bruins have the best defense in the nhl for the playoffs. So that really isn't that debatable. I also think Rask is the reason they are the better team. While yes he has gotten some saves from the post, he has played better than Crawford in all three games.
    I man that's all fine and cool, the Hawks have been playing poorly, Q's line changes haven't worked, Hossa has missed a game, Hawks had a goal taken off the board (imo), and Boston still is only +2 in goal differential and +1 in the series. Hawks could easily come and win game four 3-0 then what? "Oops?", "Nevermind?", "Oh shit, I forgot this was playoff hockey and anything can change at a moment's notice?" Boston is playing really well right now but some of you need a reality check.

A game and a half into the series it looked the Hawks would be cruising to a 2-0 series lead. They were 2 minutes away from losing 3 straight to Toronto to get bounced then they play 2 really good games in Pittsburgh and suddenly they are the best team on the planet. The two games after that in Boston were super close 1 goal games that happened to go their way.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and everyone who isn't a huge homer can see that the first goal in game 2 shouldnt have counted because handzus commited a blatant penalty before the goal was even scored interfering with rask.
    Zeoni and Greeny both agreed with the non-call, Flames and Leafs fans. Perhaps you can't see because you have your anti-homer glasses on? Anti-homer doesn't make sense. Anti-Blackhawk I guess...
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-18 at 02:47 PM.

If not for some lucky bounces that went in the Hawks favor, it'd be 3-0 atm. But people can argue what-if's all day.

They let two goals against the highest scoring team in the league. That's no fluke. You're downplaying their accomplishments. They were lucky to make it out of the first round, which surprised many people. They then proceeded to demolish the Rangers and Penguins, two teams who are solid and have incredible talent. Are they head and shoulders above everyone? No. Not by a long shot, but it is undeniable that they have pushed ahead of everyone else in the playoffs. And that's all that really matters - playoffs. Chicago not dropping a game in regulation for 24 games is irrelevant, because that ended 3 months ago. The Bruins have gone 10-2 since the start of the second round. Let that sink in for a minute. For comparison's sake, Chicago is now 9-6.

This doesn't outright make the Bruins better, but it's hard to argue with simple numbers like that when asking who is better right now. You're absolutely right that if Chicago wins Game 4 it makes a huge difference, but right now it's just a big 'if'.

Unrelated, and get ready for marcelosturbation. Datsyuk extended for 3 years, 23M

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    They let two goals against the highest scoring team in the league. That's no fluke. You're downplaying their accomplishments. They were lucky to make it out of the first round, which surprised many people. They then proceeded to demolish the Rangers and Penguins, two teams who are solid and have incredible talent. Are they head and shoulders above everyone? No. Not by a long shot, but it is undeniable that they have pushed ahead of everyone else in the playoffs. And that's all that really matters - playoffs. Chicago not dropping a game in regulation for 24 games is irrelevant, because that ended 3 months ago. The Bruins have gone 10-2 since the start of the second round. Let that sink in for a minute. For comparison's sake, Chicago is now 9-6.

This doesn't outright make the Bruins better, but it's hard to argue with simple numbers like that when asking who is better right now. You're absolutely right that if Chicago wins Game 4 it makes a huge difference, but right now it's just a big 'if'.

Unrelated, and get ready for marcelosturbation. Datsyuk extended for 3 years, 23M
    Yep, as far as I'm concerned, eliminating the Pens means that anything else we accomplish is gravy The way the B's were playing in March made me sure that we'd be a first round exit, so I'm surprised as anyone at how we've been doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    and yay for Datsyuk "agreeing" to a new 3 year extention in hockeytown (can't sign it yet, but its "agreed too").

Why can't he sign it yet? I thought it was only traded players/rights to players that couldn't be signed until July 5th. If it's just an extension, can't you sign it at any point in the season?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why can't he sign it yet? I thought it was only traded players/rights to players that couldn't be signed until July 5th. If it's just an extension, can't you sign it at any point in the season?
    its not just an extension, hes getting a pay raise (from roughly 6.7 million to 7.5 million).

Ah.. didn't know that mattered. Good to see he'll stick around, though - I knew there was some small worries that he'd go to the KHL, but at least I'll get a chance to see him play in the next few years a lot more. Maybe I can convince someone to buy some tickets with me for a Wings game next year in Toronto

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

They dominated 2 of the 4 games against Pittsburgh. Don't act like they swept the series winning 4-0 every game. And they beat the Rangers in 5 good games (not demolish) just like the Hawks beat the defending champions in 5 games. And if you want to talk numbers I would point to the fact that in terms of shots directed at the net the Hawks are +51, +13, and +7 in games 1,2, and 3 repectively. Imagine what the numbers will look like if they get a semi respectable PP functioning in the next few games.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-06-18 at 06:37 PM.