Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I like how you post the less incriminating photo. Again, you are assuming I'm using this an excuse as to why the Hawks lost; it's not, it's simply a break that went the Kings way. Comparing it to bad goal given up by Quick, and saying "Here was the Hawks break so it's even 1-1" is laughable. Not even close to the same thing.

It's pretty hard to be any more offsides and have the linesmen miss it at the NHL level.
    I posted that photo because the rule says the leading edge. Now, to me that says the first one, but you may interpret that differently.

I'll also state again. You're talking half a second and being screened. If you think that call isn't blown 50 times a game, great. You'd be wrong, but great.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuckatpvp View Post
    I posted that photo because the rule says the leading edge. Now, to me that says the first one, but you may interpret that differently.

I'll also state again. You're talking half a second and being screened. If you think that call isn't blown 50 times a game, great. You'd be wrong, but great.
    This whole thing started because I simply said NBC should have noticed it and pointed it out. Never once did I complain about the referees missing the call yet for some reason you keep steering the conversation back to the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I haven't watched it, so can't say if in actuality it's a bad goal or not, but assuming that Stommped isn't licking toads...
    Integrity of the game doesn't matter at all? "Because refs missed it, fast game" is ever a decent excuse for allowing a bad goal? You wouldn't be throwing a temper tantrum if your team got screwed out of a significant game (in any sport) because of a clearly bad call? Sounds to me like another reason why there needs to be a coach's challenge (and from what I've seen lately it needs to be at least 1 challenge per period). What's unacceptable is the idea that you can't have integrity where it'll interfere with the pace of the game.
    Yes. As we all know, the Kings weren't screwed by a bad call at all this year.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ngs-tying-goal

Or two years ago.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...from-the-bench

Never in their history.

Bad calls happen. You either deal with it or you don't. Acting like this was about NBC and not someone wanting to gripe about their team having a call go against them is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    To scrutinize one play seems silly in any case, Stommped already said what he had to say about it, let it be, to give it this much attention makes no sense. The call was inconsequential unless you want to make the argument that every other call in the series was flawless and this play alone determined the victor. Stommped didn't say that, he grumbled about it, which is fine.

This whole thing started because I simply said NBC should have noticed it and pointed it out. Never once did I complain about the referees missing the call yet for some reason you keep steering the conversation back to the refs.
    Because the refs blow calls. You commented about NBC, then talked about how it was so obvious, and then saying that the kings break was better than the hawks break and it wasn't "even" (as if there is a rule that they have to be). If your team didn't lose because of it, and you don't mind that it happened why bring it up at all? Did you bring up the Hawks having too many men on the ice when they scored the game winner in Game 6? Did NBC? It happens. Move on.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    How bout those Whalers! I think this might be their year!
    Nah, it's the Nordiques' year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    all about the california golden seals, it's their time to shine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    They're both gonna get thrashed by the Thrashers, Kovulchuk+Heatly 4EVER!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg this guy

Because the refs blow calls. You commented about NBC, then talked about how it was so obvious, and then saying that the kings break was better than the hawks break and it wasn't "even" (as if there is a rule that they have to be).
    YOU'RE the one who brought up the Quick goal, seriously that's not a "break." You are really starting to hurt my brain.

Did you bring up the Hawks having too many men on the ice when they scored the game winner in Game 6? Did NBC? It happens. Move on.
    Huh? Game 6 in this series?

Yes. As we all know, the Kings weren't screwed by a bad call at all this year.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...ngs-tying-goal

Or two years ago.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...from-the-bench

Never in their history.

Bad calls happen. You either deal with it or you don't. Acting like this was about NBC and not someone wanting to gripe about their team having a call go against them is ridiculous.
    I didn't realize a late regular season game against the Sharks where both teams (assuming it's the game I'm thinking of) had already made the playoffs or a game against the Red Wings in mid January counted as significant games...

Bad calls happen, all the time and in every sport. It's why there should be a challenge, so teams can blame their own coach for fucking up (wasting the challenge earlier or not using it when they should) instead of the refs. Assuming you're an actual Kings fan... Let's imagine Rangers win the SC in a game 7 (very significant game) scenario during a PP they get from a Plekanec calibre embellishment; we both know you're going to be screaming at the television at the top of your lungs and posting somewhere about how the refs need to use their eyes.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-06-02 at 11:15 PM.

Omg this guy

YOU'RE the one who brought up the Quick goal, seriously that's not a "break." You are really starting to hurt my brain.

Huh? Game 6 in this series?
    the offside goal reminded me of that goal in the colorado and minnesota series. i wanted to see colorado do well so i didnt care, even tho im not a fan of the team, i was a huge patrick roy fan as a kid.

edit didnt quote the right post, sorry.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    @earlier in the thread, comparing glenn healy and pierre Mcguire is like comparing stalin and hitler but at least those 2 were good at what they did. Cant wait till the pens hire mcguire as gm lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    @earlier in the thread, comparing glenn healy and pierre Mcguire is like comparing stalin and hitler but at least those 2 were good at what they did. Cant wait till the pens hire mcguire as gm lol
    haha, i wish the pens would hire kevin lowe and the oilers would hire shero.

I always felt like Pierre McGuire was more of a combination of Jim Jones and Dr. Phil. He doesn't really want to kill anyone himself, he just wants to annoy the crap out of people until they're willing to drink the Kool Aid.

If you put the right mustache on Healy though, I'm sure he would look like Stalin's grandchild.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    haha, i wish the pens would hire kevin lowe and the oilers would hire shero.
    jordan eberle taylor hall 10m contracts, i can see it now

http://www.islandersinsight.com/2014...-shelf-53114-2

Forward progress for the Islanders, hopefully this guy actually has money! (Anyone see the ESPN 30 in 30 about John Spano?)
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-06-03 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the Nordiques and Whalers.

Edit: Same goes with the Northstars.

Healy is a fucking idiot. McGuire is just annoying... Healy runs his mouth so goddamn much. YOU WERE A FUCKING BACKUP GOALIE (AND NOT EVEN A GOOD ONE) FOR YOUR CAREER. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU SHITTY USELESS CUNT OF A WORTHLESS MAN. I should've swung on that fool when I saw him at a St. John's Maple Leafs game at the ACC when I was 17. What a goddamn dummy. Should change his name to Thank You Richter.

jordan eberle taylor hall 10m contracts, i can see it now

http://www.islandersinsight.com/2014...-shelf-53114-2

Forward progress for the Islanders, hopefully this guy actually has money! (Anyone see the ESPN 30 in 30 about John Spano?)
    Yes and I still haven't figured out how he really pulled it off. How the heck does no one ( not a bank, not the current owner, not even he NHL) not check out this guys history ( and bank account ) thoroughly? 10 seconds of looking would of revealed he had jack in the bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carcillo had his ban cut to 6 games, so he will get a chance to play in the Finals now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Healy is a fucking idiot. McGuire is just annoying... Healy runs his mouth so goddamn much. YOU WERE A FUCKING BACKUP GOALIE (AND NOT EVEN A GOOD ONE) FOR YOUR CAREER. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU SHITTY USELESS CUNT OF A WORTHLESS MAN. I should've swung on that fool when I saw him at a St. John's Maple Leafs game at the ACC when I was 17. What a goddamn dummy. Should change his name to Thank You Richter.
    Good good let it flow through you