Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    It's officially a fire sale boys! Also http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419626

edit: this is one I would not do if I was Toronto, Kipper already said he woulden't report if traded. Who knows, maybe he will but with how Reimer and Scrivens have been, I woulden't tamper with it.
    Unless we win the Cup because of it, I'll be very disappointed with management if they pull the trigger. :/
    Leafs also seem interested in Berglund and Pollock, but I'd really rather go for Chris Stewart if we talk to the Blues.

10+ Year Old Account

edit: this is one I would not do if I was Toronto, Kipper already said he woulden't report if traded. Who knows, maybe he will but with how Reimer and Scrivens have been, I woulden't tamper with it.

Actually his quote was

"I try to keep it simple, still. I try to help team here," Kiprusoff told the Calgary Herald. "Try to win games.

"Everything else is out of my control. So there's no reason to think about it. At all. It's NHL. Every year, it's the same talk. A part of the game. My name is out there too.

"But I can't worry about it too much."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I call April Fools if the Rangers score a goal at all, they have been shut out twice in a row and haven't scored much their last several games. Torts needs to be fired and so does Sather.
    Three goals so far! lol And one was a gorgeous short-handed goal by Callahan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Actually his quote was

"I try to keep it simple, still. I try to help team here," Kiprusoff told the Calgary Herald. "Try to win games.

"Everything else is out of my control. So there's no reason to think about it. At all. It's NHL. Every year, it's the same talk. A part of the game. My name is out there too.

"But I can't worry about it too much."
    Yeah but there's no reason for every sports analyst to be saying he won't report if he didn't actually say that. I just don't want to see the Leafs get Visnovsky'd.

Yeah but there's no reason for every sports analyst to be saying he won't report if he didn't actually say that. I just don't want to see the Leafs get Visnovsky'd.
    Visnovsky is playing well for the Islanders.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I really hope to see Rangers in the playoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

edit2: Feaster dropped the ball on this one. The return on Bouwmeester was awful compared to what we could have gotten. Really surprised he didn't try to get Ty Rattie from the Blues. There's no way we coulden't put together a better deal with other teams interested.
    In terms of who is playing better right now, I'd take Ryan Miller over Kipper to be quite honest.

Kiprusoff is 47th in SV% and Goals Against Average, 17th in Goals Against and 37th in wins. At this point I'd take a rookie Scrivens as my backup over Kiprusoff, and I'd take Ryan Miller over Kiprusoff even if the deal required more to get him.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Not hard against Winnipeg, they are only in 3rd because their division is fucking terrible and the team really is a 9th-10th seed team in terms of their skill. They have gotten as far as they have because Pavelec has been pretty good at times. They just don't have the depth to be a serious playoff threat. I want to see the Leafs play them in the first round and send them packing in 4 games.

In terms of who is playing better right now, I'd take Ryan Miller over Kipper to be quite honest.

Kiprusoff is 47th in SV% and Goals Against Average, 17th in Goals Against and 37th in wins. At this point I'd take a rookie Scrivens as my backup over Kiprusoff, and I'd take Ryan Miller over Kiprusoff even if the deal required more to get him.

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 10:32 PM ----------

Not hard against Winnipeg, they are only in 3rd because their division is fucking terrible and the team really is a 9th-10th seed team in terms of their skill. They have gotten as far as they have because Pavelec has been pretty good at times. They just don't have the depth to be a serious playoff threat. I want to see the Leafs play them in the first round and send them packing in 4 games.
    I really wouldn't want to play teams like Winnipeg if Pavelec has any chance of playing as well as he did in his last game against us. I'll gladly take Carolina (with an injured Ward), Washington, or Ottawa who we're almost guaranteed to beat in the first round.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never thought I'd see the day where Joey MacDonald is playing better than Kipper. Massive dropoff from the last few years, maybe he's just burnt out. Had to carry pretty hard especially last season.

10+ Year Old Account

Visknovsky also signed an extenstion

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright probably not the best example but surely you know what I'm saying. Would be shitty to see them give something up for Kipper and have him not report for duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me for getting excited for seeing a win :P I don't get to see many this season lol

Alright probably not the best example but surely you know what I'm saying. Would be shitty to see them give something up for Kipper and have him not report for duty.
    I think that's why the Leaf's got permission to talk to his people first. Don't get me wrong, I do not want to see the Leaf's give up the farm for Kipper considering how bad he's been this season. However, he has been a complete work horse for how long? He may simply need a rest and a stint as a back up goalie behind Reimer, who could also put to use learning from a veteran goaltender like Kipper. I like Scriven's, I just don't think he's quite ready for the NHL, he's had some awesome games but the consistency just isn't there yet. At least with Kipper you have a proven honest to god NHL goal tender playing behind some solid defense which, no offense to Zenoi and other Flames fans, hasn't really existed the last couple years. Toronto is playing the most solid defensive Hockey they have played in many many years.

Canes getting Marc Andre Bergeron.
    Bruins looking into Jagr.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Canes getting Marc Andre Bergeron.
    Bruins looking into Jagr.
    According to pro hockey talk, Bruins got Jagr. No details yet though, so I'll wait til it's official to believe it this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    jagr for 2 prospects and a pick

roy to vancouver.. he will have to touch up on his diving skills to fit into that system

15+ Year Old Account
    jagr for 2 prospects and a pick

roy to vancouver.. he will have to touch up on his diving skills to fit into that system
    did he ever play for pittsburgh or sj? if so he should fit right in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    did he ever play for pittsburgh or sj? if so he should fit right in.
    he only played for Buffalo/dallas

he only played for Buffalo/dallas
    He probably picked up some tricks from Ribeiro then.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    He probably picked up some tricks from Ribeiro then.
    He actually was only in Dallas when Ribeiro was already traded to Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    He actually was only in Dallas when Ribeiro was already traded to Washington.
    The Diving Stink was still lingering. You can't get rid of it!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.