Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really was hoping that this would finally be the day they move but now it's just like...they're never fucking moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    quit trying to steal phoenix away, we need more short travel teams

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time someone posts rumors that Phoenix is moving, I just think "I'll believe it when it's official". Seriously, every off-season looks like this is the time it's going to happen, and it doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Dupuis just got resigned for like 3.75 a year for 4 years. Assuming a cap of 70 million in '14-'15, they will have 17M to spend on 1 goalie, 4 defencemen, and 6 forwards.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Phoenix staying in Phoenix... weak.
    i gotta wonder how shero is going to pull this off. 11 players with 17 million...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Every time someone posts rumors that Phoenix is moving, I just think "I'll believe it when it's official". Seriously, every off-season looks like this is the time it's going to happen, and it doesn't.
    Felt like this year could have actually been -the year-. I'm usually the same but after tonight, I don't think they're ever moving lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Felt like this year could have actually been -the year-. I'm usually the same but after tonight, I don't think they're ever moving lol
    The agreement the city council caved to still includes the stipulation that they can move the team after 5 years or $50 million in losses, so Phoenix will be on the move in 3-5 years. RSE agreed to pay the city any losses from the move in excess of $6 million. This is not a long term deal. Phoenix will be gone. This is an investment group making an investment that some losses now, coupled with the laughably low purchase price, is going to net them huge returns when the team is relocated to a real market. I am completely shocked that Glendale, a city that is massively in debt, did this deal. After all the huffing and puffing from the mayor and new city council members a couple months ago, a couple people cave and the Yotes survive by a 4-3 vote. It doesn't change the economic realities of the Phoenix market which is to say there is and never will be a market there to support an NHL team even remotely as well as other teams in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i gotta wonder how shero is going to pull this off. 11 players with 17 million...
    Lots of guys who are AHL talent most like. That is some seriously, seriously shitty GMing. This isn't NHL 13. You can't just bloat your top lines because they are going to play 40 minutes per game. The Pens will blow through the regular season with a ridiculously good record and then get to the playoffs where depth is massively important and just get devoured by a team that they should beat just like every year since 2009.

Kinda bummed that the Wings didn't get Vinny. I could at least pretend he was a big name free agent if I closed my eyes and pretended it was 4 years ago.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-07-03 at 11:12 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much Filppula is going to cost, I wouldn't mind adding his 55 FO % to the team. Should be fairly cheap given his lack of point production.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-07-03 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Halak is the big rumor and the concept of "Philly's D is so awful... they should trade their best D-man for a middling goalie!" is mindboggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Bleacher Report...

Article mentions that a package of "Couturier and Coburn" could entice a lot of teams. Commentor says he wants "Shea Weber, (some reasonably decent defensemen),Dustin Byfuglien or PK Subban". Well, let's see... Shea Weber is on that mammoth contract they forced Nashville to match and had one of the worst years of his career. Dustin Byfuglien still exists? And I doubt Montreal would part with Subban for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

OH apparently people are jumping the gun on the Flyers being "over the cap". Pronger's 4.9 mil cap hit comes off when the season starts assuming he doesn't play.
    I think thats wishful thinking on Philly's part, Poile and Trotz are exploding on themselves with the blue line they have assembled. Unless someone offers Poile the steal of the century Weber isn't going anywhere. I know they went after Lecavalier, just weren't willing to go over that 4 million mark for him.

My guess right now is Poile tries to get some decent forward out there to sign. With our blue line + Rinne, just some mediocre scoring could make this team pretty dang good.

I don't think Weber is coming to Philly. The flyers need some salary relief but it will probably come by getting rid of Mez's contract.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhythms11 View Post
    I don't think Weber is coming to Philly. The flyers need some salary relief but it will probably come by getting rid of Mez's contract.
    @ 14 million a year he is totally not worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Can you imagine the situation Philadelphia would be in if Nashville never matched their offer sheet?
    red panda red panda red panda!

Looks like many of us got our wish and Grabovski has been put on waivers to be bought out.

Our potential lines as of right now, including blanks where we have no one signed. I'm assuming they sign Kadri... for kind of obvious reasons.

Lupul Kadri Kessel
    van Riemsdyk Bolland
    Kulemin
    McClement Orr

In a perfect world, you slot Clarkson on that second RW spot, and you have a medium-big, fast line who is going to hit you hard, and be capable of producing a couple 40-50 point players with what I imagine would be relative ease. McClement could actually play 3rd line minutes, and he's the kind of center you WANT out there against opposing teams' #1s. Alternatively, we could probably give Colborne his chance now, as he's an RFA and probably signable for 1-1.5 a year.

Of course, there's a lot of speculation on my part here. We could resign Bozak, which would likely bump Kadri down to the 3 line again.
    Last edited by VanillaO; 2013-07-04 at 05:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like many of us got our wish and Grabovski has been put on waivers to be bought out.
    That drops Toronto's payroll to insanely low to chase free agents. Think Capgeek tweeted it was down to $40 million or so, 29th in the NHL. Toronto should be pretty great next year with a couple additions tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Can you imagine the situation Philadelphia would be in if Nashville never matched their offer sheet?
    We'd have the same team we had last year plus Weber really...

We'd still have Bryz because I honestly believe Bryz just needed help defensively.

Also, how have we not had a five-page discussion on Horton wanting to play for Columbus or Nashville?

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    We'd have the same team we had last year plus Weber really...

We'd still have Bryz because I honestly believe Bryz just needed help defensively.

You'd also have 0 first round picks for 4 years, you'd have an extra 8M on cap (which you could let another D walk, but still that's huge money).

Also, how have we not had a five-page discussion on Horton wanting to play for Columbus or Nashville?

You'd also have 0 first round picks for 4 years, you'd have an extra 8M on cap (which you could let another D walk, but still that's huge money).
    Yeah, but the fact remains that people considered that team capable of winning the cup WITHOUT Weber.

I don't know anyone (writer/critic/person of normal job) who had the Flyers pegged to compete for the Cup last season. Playoffs, yes, but actual Cup, no.

Big trade rumor to report, though from Darren Dreger. Tyler Seguin to Dallas for Loui Eriksson (this is the big part of the trade). Other parts may be involved. I imagine it's Seguin + a low pick for Eriksson + a high pick or other player/prospect.

Idk how I feel about this potential Seguin trade.. I'd really like to give him another year and see how he bounces back from this postseason. Eriksson would be a great addition, but Seguin just has the potential to be so damn good it's gonna suck if we ship him off and he lives up to it.

Eh... 4.25 for 3 years. 5.75 for 6 years. They need to moev 1 or 2 players, though, since they want to resign Bergeron beyond this year, and still need to sign Rask to probably 5-6.5 a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Eriksson with 3 straight 70 point seasons before the short one. That's impressive.

Heard a rumor that Daniel Alfredsson is interested in signing with Boston or Detroit. So if Boston indeed is including Rich Peverly and possibly someone else ( maybe Chris Kelly ) which will free up enough cap space to sign Alfredsson, they will be pretty damn scary next season. As long as the D doesn't totally run out of gas like they did in game 6.

Also... Horton is a pussy for wanting to play in a small market. Have fun rotting in Columbus.