Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that California swing is a brutal trip. Only 1 team (iirc) has won back to back in California this year. The worst is when you gotta play those 3 + hit Phoenix and Dallas on the way back. The last 2 games aren't as bad but those 2 teams are not easy to play against especially after facing L.A. San Jose, Anaheim the last 3 games. Also I like how everytime I turn on a Jets game, they're in OT. Fun team to watch.

Damn that OT was fucking intense!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-03-13 at 02:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ducks down 0-4 after first. against Calgary. LOL

http://hockeystandings.info/

This site is pretty great, guys... shows the standings under numerous different point systems that people have been clamoring for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    Ducks down 0-4 after first. against Calgary. LOL
    Ducks are sliding a bit of late, they will probably get things turned around before long but they might find themselves looking up at San Jose by then, the way things are going the Kings might even close the gap, but probably not.

I had this weird dream that we beat Anaheim 7-2 last night...I know it was a dream because Burrows also apparently scored twice against the Jets too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I had this weird dream that we beat Anaheim 7-2 last night...I know it was a dream because Burrows also apparently scored twice against the Jets too.
    Hell is freezing over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Ducks are sliding a bit of late, they will probably get things turned around before long but they might find themselves looking up at San Jose by then, the way things are going the Kings might even close the gap, but probably not.
    Anaheim was well aware that a win vs Calgary was very important. they just didnt handle the pressure that well.
    They've had a cruise so far this season and now teams are catching up to them. Just hope they bounce back because they are one hell of a team, also my favourite.

at the current rate things are going we would be looking at Avs passing them. Sharks will screw up some way. while blackhawks is always dangerous and awesome at pushing late.
    Kings will probs be up in the top 4 by the end of the season as they've found a way to score goals while quick has gotten back to his good ol' self.

Just love western drama this season.

4 teams fighting for the last Playoff spot while top 1 spot is only 5 points away from 5th.

When i look at eastern theres tons of things that could change. only 10 points between 3rd and 12th spot lol.

still feel, despite the standings drama that the tie games in NHL is so god damn boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hell is freezing over.
    Truthfully though the Flames played a hell of a game last night. That first period was unrelenting pressure.

Maybe reality is finally catching up to the Ducks? I don't think anyone expected them to hold the lead they had in their division and the conference for the rest of the season. They were buoyed up by a pretty stellar home record - that has since dropped off substantially.. What's really shocking, though, is how badly they have been outplayed for large stretches in a lot of their recent games. Really, they're 2-2-2 since the break, which isn't that bad.. it just looks bad because the teams that were all behind them have been continuing to dominate the majority of their games (San Jose is 5-1-1, LA is 7-0-0, St. Louis is 5-2-1, Colorado 6-2), with the exception of Chicago who is 3-3. Not time for them to panic yet... but if San Jose gets the #1 spot in the division, Anaheim could be done in 5 or 6 against an LA team that has looked pretty scary the last couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Maybe reality is finally catching up to the Ducks? I don't think anyone expected them to hold the lead they had in their division and the conference for the rest of the season. They were buoyed up by a pretty stellar home record - that has since dropped off substantially.. What's really shocking, though, is how badly they have been outplayed for large stretches in a lot of their recent games. Really, they're 2-2-2 since the break, which isn't that bad.. it just looks bad because the teams that were all behind them have been continuing to dominate the majority of their games (San Jose is 5-1-1, LA is 7-0-0, St. Louis is 5-2-1, Colorado 6-2), with the exception of Chicago who is 3-3. Not time for them to panic yet... but if San Jose gets the #1 spot in the division, Anaheim could be done in 5 or 6 against an LA team that has looked pretty scary the last couple weeks.
    Anaheim's schedule is looking kind of terrible these days too. Lots of 4 point games coming up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're slumping but it just goes to show if you don't bring your A game vs the Flames, we'll whap you good. We're probably the best bad team around, the effort makes the standings not seem too bad.

Also Patrick Roy shoe in for Jack Adams? I think so.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-03-14 at 12:58 AM.

Ya.. Cooper will get some votes, but if it's not Roy it's a damn crime. 29th to top 5 with mostly the same team?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roy will probably win it, one way or another. I think he is the run away candidate for it, but I honestly can't name 2 other guys who are worthy of being finalists. I might throw Carlyle into that mix just because the Leafs have been so consistent this year and sit in 3rd in the East.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I read that as, if it's blatant enough to disallow the goal, then it should be ruled a penalty.
    and yet if a goaltender is outside the crease.. they call the penalty as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Roy will probably win it, one way or another. I think he is the run away candidate for it, but I honestly can't name 2 other guys who are worthy of being finalists. I might throw Carlyle into that mix just because the Leafs have been so consistent this year and sit in 3rd in the East.
    Tampa & Columbus I think have coaches probably deserving of it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Tampa & Columbus I think have coaches probably deserving of it.
    What makes Columbus's coach worthy of it? They have had a rather average season from what I have seen and will probably only get into the playoffs as a wild card team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see Backstrom is going to get his silver medal, maybe grandma will be nicer to him now (probably not).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They're slumping but it just goes to show if you don't bring your A game vs the Flames, we'll whap you good. We're probably the best bad team around, the effort makes the standings not seem too bad.

Yea its really annoying at times but Calgary loves when teams relax with a 2 goal lead. like today for example dallas totally just didnt care in the third and Calgary made them pay with an OT win.
    even beat out timmy t which is a good penalty goalie

That Ottawa vs. Montreal game... I don't even know how to react. It went from the most depressing 3rd period to tune into (for a Habs fan), to a hopeful one, to an is-this-seriously-happening one. The OT win was gravy, but coming back from a 4-1 deficit in the last few minutes of the game (and for the last goal, within literally the last second) is flabbergasting.

Quote Originally Posted by c4k3tality View Post
    That Ottawa vs. Montreal game... I don't even know how to react. It went from the most depressing 3rd period to tune into (for a Habs fan), to a hopeful one, to an is-this-seriously-happening one. The OT win was gravy, but coming back from a 4-1 deficit in the last few minutes of the game (and for the last goal, within literally the last second) is flabbergasting.
    You deserved to win for not giving up, but you have to admit there was a shameful display of officiating that game. 0 calls to create a "playoff" feel, then a weak call with under 2 mins left? What a joke.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.