15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    On the other hand, we have skill in Europe.
    ...i'll take that as a compliment to the Red Wings seeing as we have 560736703427589475 Swedes and Europeans.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    I don't think you watched the game. This is American hockey. Not some swedish international league where every bit of contact is a questionable hit.
    You mean Canadian hockey?
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    You mean Canadian hockey?
    Considering like 85% of the Bruins are Canadian.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Detroits goaltending issue is a lack of a good backup. Jimmy Howard has been fine. if you think Howard isn't fine, you really need to look at what he has done this season, yes, he has a couple of bad games, but i would not consider Toronto one of them. its awfully hard to stop a penalty shot, and no one backed him up at all on a couple of the other goals.

---------- Post added 2012-01-08 at 07:25 PM ----------

Good News Chicago Fans. You get to play against Ty Conklin tonight...
    You can't deny that Phaneuf's goal could have been saved by any goalie. That shot was a rocket, registering at 148Km/hr plus being screened made it nearly impossible for Howard to see that shot, you'd get a speeding ticket doing that on the 401 leaving Toronto at that rate by the way :P Lupul's goal was a misplay by Howard yes, but even someone as experienced as him should know better then to go down while the puck is in play, but the defence needs to communicate better in that regard as well. I would think that if White had had more faith in his goaltender, he wouldn't have made the hook on Kessel because Howard did rob him of the potential goal which he got on the penalty shot and really I wish all teams would do this. If you get a break away, don't try to haul the guy down if you are chasing, try and pressure him by skating hard and if he gets too close, then move away and let the goalie handle it. People want to complain about the breakaway goals but really players need to have more faith in the goalie to stop the shot. If they don't get the goal on the breakaway and the team is granted a penalty shot, odds are it's going in the net unless you have a really good goalie in net.

---------- Post added 2012-01-08 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Sophomore slump for Crawford and the Hawks seem to really struggle getting to puck out of their zone. Start Emery for the rest of the year and get your team to bring the puck out of the zone instead of tossing it at opposing teams players, sheesh!

Since no one ever talks about them, I'm gonna. What the fuck is wrong with the King's scoring? How much star power they added to an already impressive line-up. Thankfully Quick is playing out of his mind and their defense isn't awful.

Also St. Louis, Florida and NYR are leading their divisions. Only in 2012.
    Toronto did the same shit last night and it nearly led to a couple of goals. Seriously, you can tell when they are having trouble moving the puck out, which is why Boston has dominated Toronto this year, because they are so damn good at keeping the puck in.

...i'll take that as a compliment to the Red Wings seeing as we have 560736703427589475 Swedes and Europeans.
    I like them. As individuals. (Though I don't feel anything for the team)

10+ Year Old Account
    These refs have downs, no doubt.

Just about lost one of our best D men...
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-01-09 at 01:08 AM.

I don't think you watched the game. This is American hockey. Not some swedish international league where every bit of contact is a questionable hit.
    I'm getting real sick of people trashing Boston. Saying that we are just a bunch of goons that punch peoples faces in to win. This game is a contact sport. Sure there will be some dirty hits because players get too wrapped up in the atmosphere of the game. But the league takes care of all of that. They dish out the fines and suspensions. And are doing a great job at it.

Please, tell me how Boston disgusted you in the game on Saturday. I want to hear this.
    The Broadstreet Bullies say hello Bruins!

There will always be questionable hits, but if you'll be honest for a second, I think we can admit the Bruins have gotten away with a lot this season (as most other teams can say with other seasons). The NHL does a DECENT job at giving out fines/suspensions (I think the recent suspension on Carcillo was admirable, albeit it being his 3rd offense this season). 1-2 games suspension out of an 82 game season isn't something I agree with half the time. Maybe for a first offense, but not a 2nd or 3rd.

However, I have not much to say in this simply because of my own team's history with rough housing their opponents in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Suspensions yes.. but the fines are jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    These refs have downs, no doubt.

Just about lost one of our best D men...
    Seriously. What a fucking joke Holmstrom is. Almost gets a guy killed and then draws a penalty LOL. Couple of shifts later he's throwing cheap shots at the young Andrew Shaw. I wish Ovechkin woulda saved his spit for this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    The Broadstreet Bullies say hello Bruins!

There will always be questionable hits, but if you'll be honest for a second, I think we can admit the Bruins have gotten away with a lot this season (as most other teams can say with other seasons). The NHL does a DECENT job at giving out fines/suspensions (I think the recent suspension on Carcillo was admirable, albeit it being his 3rd offense this season). 1-2 games suspension out of an 82 game season isn't something I agree with half the time. Maybe for a first offense, but not a 2nd or 3rd.

However, I have not much to say in this simply because of my own team's history with rough housing their opponents in the past.
    Carcillo wont serve his until hes recovered from his injury (which he may not even be coming back this season they don't know yet) and even then its a 7 game suspension.

Carcillo wont serve his until hes recovered from his injury (which he may not even be coming back this season they don't know yet) and even then its a 7 game suspension.
    I'm just saying, it took 3 offenses to even get a somewhat "long" suspension. He's been trouble since he was started playing, and has caused issues while in Philly (First fighter ever in the Winter Classic, what an honor), and has gotten off with a lot of slaps on the wrist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    I'm just saying, it took 3 offenses to even get a somewhat "long" suspension. He's been trouble since he was started playing, and has caused issues while in Philly (First fighter ever in the Winter Classic, what an honor), and has gotten off with a lot of slaps on the wrist.
    Its only fair each player gets a clean slate at the start of each season... Which now if car bmb does come back, Shanny has him on a VERY short leash. Now back to how fucking bad these refs are.. I think i saw Shaws stitches in Detroits cross hairs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really Philadelphia, really? How the fuck do you lose 6-4 to Ottawa after being up 2 goals in the 2nd period? People need to stop giving Ottalawl points for fuck sakes, even the Leafs can beat their terrible asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haduuuuuuuuuuuh im a weff fo da nhell an i donno what a cwoss check iss....this game is fucked.

Dumb fucking refs. See you on the 14th Detoilet.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-01-09 at 03:09 AM.

I'm getting real sick of people trashing Boston. Saying that we are just a bunch of goons that punch peoples faces in to win. This game is a contact sport. Sure there will be some dirty hits because players get too wrapped up in the atmosphere of the game. But the league takes care of all of that. They dish out the fines and suspensions. And are doing a great job at it.

Please, tell me how Boston disgusted you in the game on Saturday. I want to hear this.
    There are many players on the Bruins bench who play the game the right way. Bergeron, Krejci, hell even Horton and he plays physical hockey. But then you have rats like Marchand... Now the case could be made that Lappierre or Burrows are pests, but they are no where near the level of Marchand. Lucic - not far behind either.

Don Cherry was right with what he said about the current state of the game yesterday. The league is slowly being taken over by players like him - because it works. In fact I'd day Bruins have it down to a science because of the way the referees handle penalties and power-plays these days.

Now before we get to the hit, Marchand has to start a ritual...

A nice little jab here

Another one for good measure

Come around once again

Lulz, his entire fucking body is below Salo's hip. That is NOT a Hip-check, that is clipping.

Now the Weasel speaks out and says "I had no intention to hurt Salo, I was just trying to protect myself". Fucking Lol that's all I have to say. Salo has never hurt anyone in his fucking life.

People are also wondering why he was as angry as he was huh? Take a quick look at his injury history. He was going to call it quits last year because of the punishment his body has been through throughout his career, that stick throw was in anger because he knows he's about a fucking inch of a hit here or there from having a life threatening injury.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2012-01-09 at 03:09 AM.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about the most undeserved win of the entire year. What a farce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post

Like, i dont what im more pissed about. The fact that we have to overplay leddy because 4 of our d men have downs? Or that the refs were so retarded they dint call 2 penalties that ended up in regulation goals. Make some fucking calls Bowman you have 6 mil in cap space. Dump Bickell, Lepisto, Scott, O'Donnell, Frolik.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    coming from the fan base that has had 2 penalty shots and a 9-3 power play advantage the last time you guys played the wings? the wings didn't even get a PS when your guy closed his hand on that shot in the first period.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:18 AM ----------

that said, there was some horrible calls on BOTH sides of the game, but you have to agree, Datsyuk's goal at the end was a thing of beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    coming from the fan base that has had 2 penalty shots and a 9-3 power play advantage the last time you guys played the wings? the wings didn't even get a PS when your guy closed his hand on that shot in the first period.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:18 AM ----------

that said, there was some horrible calls on BOTH sides of the game, but you have to agree, Datsyuk's goal at the end was a thing of beauty.
    Whatever... its just sad watching the Hawks blow it in the 3rd period game after game. With the money we have.. and weve done nothing about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whatever... its just sad watching the Hawks blow it in the 3rd period game after game. With the money we have.. and weve done nothing about it.
    the wings have lots of money available too. that said, i was IMPRESSED Mildly with how Conklin did today.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:59 AM ----------

3 teams tied with 53 points, is there any division as competitive as the Central? (Furthermore, they currently own the 2,4,5,6 spots in the West Playoffs)