I wonder how many Bruins fans were hoping for a MTL win today. Heh.
    I remember it all too well

I definitely was tonight and when they played Wednesday night. They dropped to 7th with Ottawa's win tonight.

Really hoping they can come away with a big win against Philly tomorrow. They've put up 6 goals on them each meeting this season, outside of opening night. Another 6-0 repeat would be a big confidence booster. I gotta wonder how much longer Claude Julien is going to be there if this continues though. It sounded like he was on the chopping block during these last playoffs if they couldn't grab the cup. It seems coaches have been getting the axe left and right this season and I can only imagine he's next they can't turn this funk around and get their shit together.

They just need to wake up and be ready to go. Maybe beat off a leprechaun for good luck or something. I don't know.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston is back to where Boston started at the beginning of the season, you can tell they had nothing in the tank at the start of the season before going on that big run and racking up a lot of wins, but now it seems like they have no interest in playing and could soon find themselves out of the playoffs with a conference that has multiple teams chasing 7th and 8th. The Sens topping the North East division doesn't surprise me, considering the division is comprised of Montreal who suck this year, Boston who are choking, Buffalo who are still mediocre, Toronto who crapped the bed in February and knocked themselves out of the playoffs and Ottawa who are overperforming.

Time to play spoilers tonight and get a win against Ottawa, we can move over Tampa if they lose to St Louis which they probably will considering how good the Blues are this year. I'd laugh if Toronto got hot right now and won their 11 remaining games, that would be enough to put them in the playoffs. Depends on whether Reimer and Gustavsson can both be as good as they have the last couple of weeks (Reimer more so putting up repeat performances like Thursday night's mind you) and our defence continues to play well positionally.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    I definitely was tonight and when they played Wednesday night. They dropped to 7th with Ottawa's win tonight.

Really hoping they can come away with a big win against Philly tomorrow. They've put up 6 goals on them each meeting this season, outside of opening night. Another 6-0 repeat would be a big confidence booster. I gotta wonder how much longer Claude Julien is going to be there if this continues though. It sounded like he was on the chopping block during these last playoffs if they couldn't grab the cup. It seems coaches have been getting the axe left and right this season and I can only imagine he's next they can't turn this funk around and get their shit together.

They just need to wake up and be ready to go. Maybe beat off a leprechaun for good luck or something. I don't know.
    Considering how Bryzgalov has pretty much gone into God Mode lately, you better hope they are playing their other goalie.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-03-17 at 01:11 PM.

It was confirmed yesterday that Bryz will be in net against the Bruins tonight. Wont be around a tv or a computer for most of the day so I guess I'll have to see what the final score was after its over and all.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Boston is up 1-0 so far it seems. I just turned the game on.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    I was sorry to read on twitter that Toronto won't be wearing the St. Pats Jerseys like they have in the past. Too grim I guess to have any fun..

2-0 Bruins at the end of the 1st. Aside from some bad turnovers the Bruins have been spectacular in the first. Thomas is making those big saves while making them look trivial at the same time. They killed off a few back to back penalties and have had a few scoring chances while on the kill. Great goals by Kelly and Seguin. Could easily have been 3-0 with Bergy's shorthanded breakaway. Those rebounds are going to kill Bryzgalov.

Not counting it as a win quite yet, but if they keep playing like this through the 2nd and 3rd then it's theirs. So far it's shaping up to be that game that's going to turn around this slump.

Go! Go! Black and Gold!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I was sorry to read on twitter that Toronto won't be wearing the St. Pats Jerseys like they have in the past. Too grim I guess to have any fun..
    i was wondering about that myself

I'm sorry, but that Philly powerplay was bullshit. If what Seguin did was a slash, then I'm Wayne Gretzky. And of course the Philly scores with 5 or so seconds left on the powerplay.

Another great period by the Bruins though. Would have been 3 for the Bruins is Bergeron didn't get hooked down in front of the net. Good penalty to take by Philly, I guess. Hell of an effort by Bergy though, sticking with it and almost getting the goal anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tie game!!!

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 04:29 PM ----------

Even if they lose, Boston will pull ahead of Ottawa again with the 1 OT point, right?

I believe so.

Shootout coming up. I don't want 5 in a row...

BRUINS WIN!
    Last edited by Tuukkatime; 2012-03-17 at 07:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Jack Edwards call on the Boychuk / Talbot fight, rofl

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Maybe because they aren't playing at home tonight? The Senators didn't really exist when the St. Pats were formed, if it were against Montreal it would make more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    If Ottawa wins, Boston will get bumped back down. xD

And the Pens continue to steamroll...5-2 over the Devils...out shooting NJ 43-14....wow!

10+ Year Old Account
    Karlsson doing his best Steve Smith impression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Karlsson doing his best Steve Smith impression
    Epic moment rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    actually he done it against Anaheim too, lol

grabo in a fight with neil

this game is slow as heck, and 10m for tying down a jersey is dumb

2-0 Leafs PPG Kessel

and now the whistles come out
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-03-18 at 01:17 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Penalty to Steckel was totally unwarranted. How does he get interference when he got knocked over.

Sens fans = owned with a called back goal. Connolly looking like a warrior on the forecheck and defensive end of the game for the first time in ever.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 09:45 PM ----------

Phaneuf's rocket made it 3-0. Sorry Sens fans, no can haz 1st in the division.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. no shutout for Reimer though. lol.. dude giving the finger on cbc.