15+ Year Old Account
    2 power play goals!!!!! Wooooohoooo hawks lightin that lamp!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, who else figures the Rangers are going to fire Tortorella? Having had a few years to secure a Cup win with some pretty good teams, and he has failed to get the team to perform consistently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hawks pull another Game 1 type victory with the same score! 4-1 HAWKS WIN!

Stayin' Alive for another day!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Nationalism >< Sport.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:32 AM ----------

I think Chicago made a big mistake by splitting the best defensive couple in the league. Keith and Seabrock was insanely good together.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call them the best in the league. Chara/Seidenberg is a better pairing imo.

Thank god we were able to put that series away tonight. Rask was great again, made some really nice saves there, killed that breakaway they had too. Krug has four goals in his first five playoff games, wtf.. I don't think anybody saw this kid coming. No way he keeps up this torrid pace, but as long as he gives us something against Pittsburgh I'll be happy! He looks like a stud on the PP, making some real nice passes to go along with his goals.

Really interested to see how this next series goes. Should be some crazy good hockey played. I think we stand a chance, but it's gonna be a tight one for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, who else figures the Rangers are going to fire Tortorella? Having had a few years to secure a Cup win with some pretty good teams, and he has failed to get the team to perform consistently.
    I don't see how they can possibly keep him around. Look at that roster, its is ridiculously talented. There is no excuse for that team not to be in the ECF. I don't think Torts is a bad coach by any means, but that fit hasn't meshed well at all. Their roster is going to be largely the same next year. If the choice is giving Torts another shot or seeing if someone else can get something before they have to make a couple major contract decisions, I'd go someone else. Someone who preferably can get some PP production.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many times have we seen a delay of game penalty lead to a 5 on 3? I really hate that rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couture went down like he was shot on the first penalty, which is no surprise from him, the 2 penalties leading to the goal were definitely legit though

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kill off more time by clearing it the length of the rink. Nobody is intentionally trying to put it over the glass. It's such a shitty way to give one team such a huge advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You kill off more time by clearing it the length of the rink. Nobody is intentionally trying to put it over the glass. It's such a shitty way to give one team such a huge advantage.
    Only during power plays. During 5v5, it would be better to send the puck over the boards instead of icing it, since then you can line change.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Only during power plays. During 5v5, it would be better to send the puck over the boards instead of icing it, since then you can line change.
    Yeah, I'm talking only when you are short handed; it should be waived off just like icing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Nobody is intentionally trying to put it over the glass.
    except for all the times where they did before the rule was instituted

San Jose came out the gate with great pressure and it netted them the power plays and the lead, I thought the Kings responded well, hopefully the more even play we saw later in the period persists
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-05-27 at 12:53 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    except for all the times where they did before the rule was instituted
    When your SH you gain absolutely nothing by doing that. You can kill off way more time and still line change by clearing it the length of the ice. The rule was instituted because people did it intentionally even strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol why do they even bother asking Sutter questions during the game, he's just going to mumble incomprehensibly

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Home team keeps winning, game 7'll be good. Calling Kings because of home ice

10+ Year Old Account
    Mooseheads win the Memorial Cup.

Thought that was off side. :/

Babcock looks as happy as a love child of Torterella and Ron Wilson right now. Can't blame him.
    Beautiful backhander.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-05-28 at 02:18 AM.

Deleted
    Alert: Detriot meltdown!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    INB4 Marcelos Explosion.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Thought that was off side. :/
    If you look it was actually Franzen who played the puck into the zone, negating the offsides. But I can admit the slash penalty shot was definitely questionable.