Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raffi is out of control, I was kind of hoping he'd score the game winner just to be like fuck you Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    what pisses me off is that Nashville is getting all the lucky bounces.
    Detroit? not so much.
    So far Detroit has outplayed nashville in games 1,3, and 4.
    and has lost. games 1,3, and 4.
    the only thing even keeping nashville in this series is Pekka fucking Rinne.
    None of our goals tonight were lucky bounces, 2 were complete defensive break downs and the last one was poor puck handling.

Goalies have been stealing series for ages, this isn't anything new. There is a reason we gave him 7 million a season for the next 7 years. If he can see the puck its gonna get stopped. Detroits SoG look amazing but probably 3/4 of them were outside shots, and he is going to stop those 99.9% of the time. You would think the Wings would have figured him out by now as many times as we play, high to the stick side is where he is weak because his glove hand is so freaking amazing. Short of something like Datsyuk's goal, he so big you are gonna have a hard time down low as well.

Tonight you got beat by the goalie and 3 defensive breakdowns/mental errors. In the playoffs all it takes is one to lose.

Also the Wings PP wasn't all that great, especially considering how many chances ya'll were given. Once again the Refs were all over the place, I'm not sure how any of them have jobs. BTW Zetterberg got a little pay back on Weber, that high stick rung his bell pretty well.

I know its frustrating to watch, but this has pretty much how the Preds have won games, although granted its not usually this lopsided. Difference in this series from years past, we actually have guys who can get the puck in the net when they have a chance.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    From NHL.com

The Blackhawks released the following statement from Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry:

"Marian Hossa suffered an upper body blow in the first period of tonight's game. After initial evaluation on the ice he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for further testing, which yielded encouraging results. He has been released from the hospital and we are monitoring him closely at home. We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined."
    Good to hear. I can't stand Hossa or Chicago but I don't want to see anyone's career ended. Now, if Torres doesn't get nailed, I mean just flat out hammered by Shanny, then he definately needs to be fired. Repeat offender, bad reputation for being extremely dirty, and the guy doesn't seem to care either. If he's not out for at least the rest of the series its a joke.

At least with Weber it was really his first time doing anything that stupid. Sure he got called in for a couple of boarding calls early in the season, but he straightened his ass up after that. He's seemed to be pretty good since this last one too, so at least he seems to want to correct it. I'm not sure Torres cares, nor will he ever try and do better. Those are the guys that really need to have the hammered laid down on them.

Only problem I have with Shanny is consistency. If its not a big name guy, he is more than happy to nail his butt to the wall. However, if its a named guy you get about 1/3 of the penalty as the no named guy. Personally, other than maybe Shaw, I think most were what I suspected to see from Shanny on this last round.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-04-18 at 04:48 AM.

Forget Shanahan, Bettman needs to get control of his league and lay the law down. This is pretty disgraceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just heard on TSN that there have been as many suspensions these Playoffs as there were the entirety of last year's playoffs. That's not including the likely Torres suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant even tell you guys how pissed off I am right now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I cant even tell you guys how pissed off I am right now...
    You and me both man. Was hoping for a good "clean" game and Hawks victory for my birthday (4/18) and it didn't happen. Torres needs to be gone, not just because it's one of my guys but it's nearly every rule broken + repeat offender + exactly 1 year to the date from the hit on Seabrook when he played for the Canucks and didn't get a damn thing for it. Fuck that guy - he's a piece of shit!
    Last edited by Knails; 2012-04-18 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    You and me both man. Was hoping for a good "clean" game and Hawks victory for my birthday (4/18) and it didn't happen. Torres needs to be gone, not just because it's one of my guys but it's nearly every rule broken + repeat offender + almost 1 year to the date from the hit on Seabrook when he played for the Canucks. Fuck that guy - he's a piece of shit!
    If Shanny doesn't come down HARD on Torres.. then he either has downs... or Bettman payed him off because that's what he'd do just to get his precious Coyotes through the first round for once.

Deleted
    Did not see the Wings lose both homes. I seriously did not see that coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    The top 5 Home teams at the end of the season were Detroit, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Chicago and Vancouver. Of those five, St. Louis is the only team with a home win in these playoffs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit has seriously let me down. Ya, its possible they could win three straight, but its unlikely. Howard better get his shit together and be a brick wall next game. Offense... for the love of god, ya, throwing everything at the net is a good idea in theory, but you gotta get those rebounds and stick that puck behind that big moose! Get some better cycles going, trying to shoot the puck on goal with 4 people in the shooting lane just isn't working!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    None of our goals tonight were lucky bounces, 2 were complete defensive break downs and the last one was poor puck handling.

Goalies have been stealing series for ages, this isn't anything new. There is a reason we gave him 7 million a season for the next 7 years. If he can see the puck its gonna get stopped. Detroits SoG look amazing but probably 3/4 of them were outside shots, and he is going to stop those 99.9% of the time. You would think the Wings would have figured him out by now as many times as we play, high to the stick side is where he is weak because his glove hand is so freaking amazing. Short of something like Datsyuk's goal, he so big you are gonna have a hard time down low as well.

Tonight you got beat by the goalie and 3 defensive breakdowns/mental errors. In the playoffs all it takes is one to lose.

Also the Wings PP wasn't all that great, especially considering how many chances ya'll were given. Once again the Refs were all over the place, I'm not sure how any of them have jobs. BTW Zetterberg got a little pay back on Weber, that high stick rung his bell pretty well.

I know its frustrating to watch, but this has pretty much how the Preds have won games, although granted its not usually this lopsided. Difference in this series from years past, we actually have guys who can get the puck in the net when they have a chance.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 04:44 AM ----------

Good to hear. I can't stand Hossa or Chicago but I don't want to see anyone's career ended. Now, if Torres doesn't get nailed, I mean just flat out hammered by Shanny, then he definately needs to be fired. Repeat offender, bad reputation for being extremely dirty, and the guy doesn't seem to care either. If he's not out for at least the rest of the series its a joke.

At least with Weber it was really his first time doing anything that stupid. Sure he got called in for a couple of boarding calls early in the season, but he straightened his ass up after that. He's seemed to be pretty good since this last one too, so at least he seems to want to correct it. I'm not sure Torres cares, nor will he ever try and do better. Those are the guys that really need to have the hammered laid down on them.

Only problem I have with Shanny is consistency. If its not a big name guy, he is more than happy to nail his butt to the wall. However, if its a named guy you get about 1/3 of the penalty as the no named guy. Personally, other than maybe Shaw, I think most were what I suspected to see from Shanny on this last round.
    and you think Nashville didnt have defensive breakdowns?
    the only thing keeping Nashville in this series is Rinne, and your deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
    Detroit is getting more shots on goal.
    Detroit is killing the Power Play (you have 2 PPG in 4 games)
    Detroit is doing better than Nashville on the power play (3 in 4 games, less chances though).

and that high stick was unintentional. only reason it occured was because Sutter was interfering with Z and Z had no where to go but back.

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Detroit has seriously let me down. Ya, its possible they could win three straight, but its unlikely. Howard better get his shit together and be a brick wall next game. Offense... for the love of god, ya, throwing everything at the net is a good idea in theory, but you gotta get those rebounds and stick that puck behind that big moose! Get some better cycles going, trying to shoot the puck on goal with 4 people in the shooting lane just isn't working!
    Thing is I've learned with Rinne, you are actually better off throwing less shots at him. In those games where he is seeing little action he will often let a soft one get in, I think cause he falls asleep. Just always seems if he runs into a game where the other team shoot 40+ times, he's gonna steal it. I think mainly because when you get that many it generally means long range shots, which are a lower percentage and if he can see it he can react to it. It also lets him get in a groove.

Number one sign he is on, if he is stopping everything with his glove hand and not having issues getting ahold of it. Usually when he is off you see lots of rebounds, even with the glove. He has a stretch right after the all star break where he was letting at least one soft one in a night. He got his focus back 3-4 games before the end of the season though.

15+ Year Old Account
    and fyi armourboy, i mean no disrespect to nashville.
    they are a great team. but so far they have been outplayed in 3 games. and managed to win all 3. thats just screwed up.

Torres should get 20+ games for that. He's done similar shit in the past.

and you think Nashville didnt have defensive breakdowns?
    the only thing keeping Nashville in this series is Rinne, and your deluding yourself if you think otherwise.
    Detroit is getting more shots on goal.
    Detroit is killing the Power Play (you have 2 PPG in 4 games)
    Detroit is doing better than Nashville on the power play (3 in 4 games, less chances though).

and that high stick was unintentional. only reason it occured was because Sutter was interfering with Z and Z had no where to go but back.
    Sure we did, difference was you didn't put them in the back of the net. Every single game of playoff hockey is a matter of burying your chances, and yall haven't done it even with an open net at time.
    Of course he's keeping us in it, thats why we are paying him 7 million. You look at almost every series out there minus the Pens-Flyers series and Panthers-Devils, and the winning teams goalie is standing on his head. Rangers, St. Louis, Pheonix, Nashville, LA, Boston, hell even the kid from Washington is and they are losing. Its not a situation unique to Nashville. In fact guess the main reason Boston won the cup? Thomas went nuts and Luongo fell apart.

SoG doesn't worry me in the slightest. We've been outshot in probably 90% of our games this season. Sure you would like to keep it down, but hell 75% of your shots are from a spot that is almost zero threat without some crazy bounce. SoG isn't a worthless stat by any means, but its not an end all be all stat either.

I will grant you that you are doing better on the power play, however Gill is out, and our PK was ok at best before we got him this year. His abscence has really hurt us there. Our PP though has been producing chances, we just haven't buried them. Also lets not act like Howard is playing like garbage either. Other than the Klein goal tonight where every Detroit player on the ice seemed to instantly forget what they were doing, he hasn't really let anything easy in.

The stick comment was simply to say that Weber got his bell rung, probably affected him about as much as his head hitting the glass. Wasn't trying to say he did anything intentional.

Keep in mind though Rinne has had his ass saved several times this series by his defenseman, hell had at least two tonight. One where Legwand probably gotta away with covering the puck, and one where Fisher shot it out from the crease behind Rinne. In the previous game you had the Klein sliding save and I'm sure there are more, just what I can pull off the top of my head.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you got lucky and won, some goalie stood on his head, or you score 10 goals, all that matters is that you win. Thats what makes playoff hockey what it is. Sometimes its not the best team that wins the cup, or even a certain round. There is a reason almost every NHL coach, GM, and player says that you need a strong team AND some luck.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 07:42 AM ----------

and fyi armourboy, i mean no disrespect to nashville.
    they are a great team. but so far they have been outplayed in 3 games. and managed to win all 3. thats just screwed up.
    This series has been wierd, because the one game I felt we outplayed you we lost lol.

And trust me every fan in Nashville for the most part has a great respect for Detroit, its the reason we always want to win against you. That and we have a crap ton of Detroit transplants down here. heh
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-04-18 at 07:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    except there is a massive difference between an inadvertant stick to the face and INTENTIONALLY SMASHING someones head into the glass.
    you do know that Zetterbergs helmet was cracked in 3 SEPERATE places right?

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 03:52 AM ----------

and fyi you are right. so far teh dominant team is 0-4 in this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Detroit considered trying to play worse than Nashville the next few games?

except there is a massive difference between an inadvertant stick to the face and INTENTIONALLY SMASHING someones head into the glass.
    He should have thought of that before he tried to run Weber from behind.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 03:52 AM ----------

Yeah but the helmet did its job, he was fine. In fact he was seen cruising around the Green Hills Mall the next day laughing and having a good time. Keep in mind I'm not arguing that what Weber did was ok, hell I think he should of gotten a game. The statement was more to say that Karma is a bitch and he got his bell rung too.

This series has been so odd in so many ways. I can think of at least 3 goals that have gotten waved off. The one where the clock expired for you, one on a PP for us where they blew the whistle quick, and then the Legwand one tonight where apparently the Refs said it didn't count because they intended to blow the whistle sooner. That last one is a new one to me lol.

Just a general question that I've seen asked in several other places, does anyone else think the Refs have been told to try and keep things close so that series drag out and the teams make more money? I generally call phooey on that line of thinking, but as crazy as the Refs have been this year it makes me wonder sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    He should have thought of that before he tried to run Weber from behind.
    he didnt try to run him. he was going for the puck. regardless. that does not constitute taking someones head into your hands and FORCIBLY smashing it into the boards.
    sorry, but what Zetterberg did was play hockey.
    What Weber did would get you jail time if i did that you on the street.