Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego View Post
    What's the review system like for suspensions? Is it purely from a referee call during the game or can a team push for something to be reviewed that may not have been seen or called by the officials during the game?

I'm fairly new to the ice hockey scene and although I'm loving the sport I do find it hard to see any live NHL games due to the time difference here in the UK. Currently watching the Bruins v Canadiens game though, lightning stuff so far from the Habs and hopefully they can hang on to force game seven.
    Refs can eject someone from the game but the NHL decides if they get suspended or fined or not.

Hahahhaha.. lightning stuff from the Habs... cruel pun or unintentional hilarity?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't think either team is dirty, I just find it hilarious when people are like "Well my teams penalty was NOTHING compared to what they did!" when in reality..pretty much the same lol.

I just hate hearing "Whaaah cooke is dirty! Thus the entire wild team is dirty!" He hasn't done anything for two years, but people are still ragging on him. Do I think he is a perfect little angel? Nope, but damn people get over it, its hockey!
    I'll agree with most of it, but not that Cooke hasn't done anything for two years. Maybe nothing he got suspended for, but if any current player deserves to be kicked out of the league it's him.

In the last 2 years... Go back to 2011 and there's a lot more.
    Cut achilles tendon - Erik Karlsson
    Late Hit - Sam Gagner
    Knee on Knee - Valeri Nichushkin
    Boarding (Game Misconduct) - Adam McQuaid
    Knee on Knee - Tyson Barrie

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how it can be claimed Cooke hasn't done anything in two years when he just got back from a 7 game suspension.

In other news, we might legit have four game sevens in this round. Montreal is smoking boston at the moment, Minnesota could very well win at home...I have paid literally no attention to the LA series so no clue about that but it is knotted up!
    LA got a little lucky to take game 1, completely shut down the Ducks in game 2 to take a 2-0 series lead on the road, and then played like total shit at home to squander it.

Deleted
    Bruins are classless. Go Harbs!

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit the Kings killed a penalty, its a miracle

and they're playing like total shit on the road too

awesome, get to have a 3 game losing streak in back to back series

Last edited by draynay; 2014-05-13 at 03:34 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn American goalies

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    WTF were Lucic and Iginla so mad about at the end of that game that they felt the need to 2v1 Weaver on the boards? I didn't see him do anything. I hate seeing Iggy be an asshole with the rest of the B's, but he just wants a cup that bad and he'll do anything I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Bruins are classless. Go Harbs!
    Bruins are classless hmm let me see here....

- - - Updated - - -

Who the fuck cheers after someone has taken a puck to the face.... That's classless so please you can stfu now.
    Last edited by kilj; 2014-05-13 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the fans not the players. I've really never seen a player happy that another was injured. Maybe in the case of Roenick and Roy.

Linking an image of a guy getting hit in the nuts during these specific playoffs is a pretty bad way to single out one particular team as lacking class, especially when your team is the single team that has a player receive a fine for doing it (I think, anyway) and pretty much started the trend. If you want to point fingers and name call, at least put your bias aside.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, how can you Bruins fans be so oblivious? Just own up to the fact that your dirty style is part of the reason you have been so successful. They get in player's heads and it's very effective. It starts from the top and trickles down.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-05-13 at 06:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lucic went on a spearing spree for several games in a row before he actually got fined, lol.

Isolated incidents mean absolutely nothing. All of the fans in every building are fucking crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine how crazy the Staples Center would get if Perry got hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    That would be the fans not the players. I've really never seen a player happy that another was injured. Maybe in the case of Roenick and Roy.
    That remark wasn't about the players, but how classy the fans are....

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    As a Bruins fan, talking about "classy fans" is a slippery slope *cough cough racism*

10+ Year Old Account
    So the last 20 pages of this thread has been about dirty players and classless fans. So pretty much hockey in a nutshell? :P
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Or how bout the Bruins fans chanting "Flopper" when Mason Raymond lay on the ice with a fractured vertebrae? Seriously how oblivious are you?

So the last 20 pages of this thread has been about dirty players and classless fans. So pretty much hockey in a nutshell? :P
    You forgot about poor officiating