Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its so coaches dont have out players to intentionally waive a face off in order to get their linemates a little extra rest after a bad icing or something. Theyll get a warning but not thrown out of the face off and if they do it again a penalty. it's kind of a cheesy tactic to begin with tbh im glad they're addressing it. I don't knowif they do it on american broadcasts but they always point it out on CBC. Ice the puck send in Bickell to intentionally get kicked out then Toews takes the face off getting all 5 dudes on the ice a little more rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't get this... There's already a two minute DOG minor for the player at the dot if he gets a violation after someone already got tossed. Are they saying you get the DOG on the player at the dot AND a bench minor, so you automatically in a 5 on 3 if this happens? That's rough.
    Nope. From my reading, it just sounds like it is specific to just icing and the following defensive zone faceoff. I imagine the standard faceoff rules will apply in neutral zone/offensive zones.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So guy skates around kills time after an icing in the 1st period, gets a warning. Every time it happens again for the rest of the game it's an automatic penalty for that team? Guess I'm ok with that but there's a fine line between wasting time and just making sure everyone on your team is ready to go and where you are going to go with the puck if you win the draw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So guy skates around kills time after an icing in the 1st period, gets a warning. Every time it happens again for the rest of the game it's an automatic penalty for that team? Guess I'm ok with that but there's a fine line between wasting time and just making sure everyone on your team is ready to go and where you are going to go with the puck if you win the draw.
    From what I read the centre remains in the circle at all times. My guess if other players want to attempt to waste time, the ref has the option to drop the puck whenever he pleases.

One rule I am not a fan of, is if the puck is shot/deflected out of play regardless of what team does it or what it hits, net, goalie, glass etc.. the face off will remain in the offensive zone.
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2014-09-16 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    One rule I am not a fan of, is the puck shot, deflected out of play regardless of what team does it.. the face off will remain in the offensive zone.
    Yea, not crazy about that one either, but considering how often the linesmen get that one wrong anyway maybe it is best to remove the decision.

The less judgement calls the better IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the Leafs been eliminated from the playoff race yet? It feels right about the time they usually would.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Selanne is ripping on Bruce Boudreau in some new book. Quotes like ”It would have been wrong if we had won the Stanley Cup with coach like that.” and ”You are as good as you your coach wants you to be. If we had any other coach, I’d still be playing.”

Yikes.

Also had a quote on Carlyle

”Team was already tired in the fall when should have collect pts."
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-09-18 at 04:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed the title of the thread for 2014-15

3 more days til preseason!

Well sort of...split squad vs the Oilers lol...but hockey is arriving!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post

Hooray, thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Yay! That means we are getting close

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yay! That means we are getting close
    Preseason starts on Sunday! (at least for the Flames)

10+ Year Old Account
    Preseason starts on Monday for the Jets. I have been missing the NHL. I mean the Jays are doing better than normal, but baseball is so boring to watch. Exciting entertainment here we come.

10+ Year Old Account

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    ESPN rated the Leafs as the worst team in North America for fan likability. I wonder if they forget that the Leafs have one of the biggest fan bases in the world, are one of the biggest teams in hockey and actually have fans who fucking care about the team. Some how the god damn Coyotes were in the top 50 despite the fact that the organization is a money pit with no real fan support to speak of. When you have to give away tickets, it means no one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    ESPN rated the Leafs as the worst team in North America for fan likability. I wonder if they forget that the Leafs have one of the biggest fan bases in the world, are one of the biggest teams in hockey and actually have fans who fucking care about the team. Some how the god damn Coyotes were in the top 50 despite the fact that the organization is a money pit with no real fan support to speak of. When you have to give away tickets, it means no one cares.
    fan likability, not team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Preseason starts on Sunday! (at least for the Flames)
    So damn excited!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    fan likability, not team.
    At least we don't go around assaulting other fans like some teams fans do....

Also, in that case Montreal fans historically have been pretty bad, and we didn't burn shit down like Vancouver fans did when they lost to Boston :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    At least we don't go around assaulting other fans like some teams fans do....

Also, in that case Montreal fans historically have been pretty bad, and we didn't burn shit down like Vancouver fans did when they lost to Boston :P
    don't blame me for that shit. I had nothing to do with that poll, that justly put toronto in its rightful place